Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

AtomicAWD's IS350 F-Sport+ Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-20, 04:50 PM
Ceten
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

That's a great looking build, man.

On those RS-R springs, did you have to buy a full kit of each and only install the ones you wanted, or did you find a place to buy separate front/rear? I plan on a slight lowering with no rake, so I'm pretty sure I'll need a variety like you did.
Old 03-03-20, 05:20 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceten
That's a great looking build, man.

On those RS-R springs, did you have to buy a full kit of each and only install the ones you wanted, or did you find a place to buy separate front/rear? I plan on a slight lowering with no rake, so I'm pretty sure I'll need a variety like you did.
Thanks! I managed to get a pair of new fronts and new rears from other guys here that didn't use them. Another that did the same here did have to go out and buy both sets though.

As mentioned in the thread, just Downs on the front did give it a noticeable rake, but the Halfs in the back evened it out pretty well. Another AWD F Sport who did Halfs in the front only said the difference was barely noticeable.
Old 03-05-20, 05:37 PM
Ceten
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

How did the new resonators affect the drone, especially uphill? I live in a fairly hilly area and I've found the Tsudo catback on mine to be pretty brutal at the 1900-2500 rpm cruising range, and it's very pronounced going uphill.

I just took mine in to have them put the Ultra Quiets (6.5"x4.75") on, but they wouldn't quite fit beside each other, so I'm ordering some 1793's tonight and hoping for the best. The volume doesn't bother me at all, but that drone's gotta go.
Old 03-06-20, 02:47 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ceten
How did the new resonators affect the drone, especially uphill? I live in a fairly hilly area and I've found the Tsudo catback on mine to be pretty brutal at the 1900-2500 rpm cruising range, and it's very pronounced going uphill.

I just took mine in to have them put the Ultra Quiets (6.5"x4.75") on, but they wouldn't quite fit beside each other, so I'm ordering some 1793's tonight and hoping for the best. The volume doesn't bother me at all, but that drone's gotta go.
I don't have too much uphill in my area, but I imagine drone is typical for most aftermarket exhausts at those RPMs and when under load. At first the 1793s were definitely quieter but after a week or so they regained about 50% of the volume. From the inside they do sound smoother, and under load there's some reduced volume but not to a huge degree as they aren't mufflers. I think you'll find it better, but the cost/value of doing it would be up to you. Vibrant did tell me it's ideal to get the resonators as far up as possible, around under the front seats, but we may not have the space even though the Tsudo doesn't have secondary cats. Main idea is to not have too long a run of just pipe between attenuators, which we kindof do with both resonators and mufflers near the back.

Speaking of UQs, a guy on here did have them on and had to angle them to get them to fit so it is possible. They would certainly take out more sound than the regular bottle-type, and partially because of that he later swapped them out, ha.
Old 04-05-20, 01:19 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Very very nice ride and thread @AtomicAWD !

Your car looks awesome and definitely shows that you know what you're doing modding it. I seen some people just slap on mods because it's big, trendy and loud without thinking f how it affects the performance of the car. Kudos

As I'm also in the lower mainland you can bet I will look out for your ride
The following users liked this post:
AtomicAWD (04-05-20)
Old 04-07-20, 11:49 AM
eNeLGe
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome thread and car @AtomicAWD .

I have a very very similar car, and live in Kits. (2015 Atomic 350 F-sport AWD) I found your profile shortly after I bought my 3IS.

I've had the same BloxSport spacers (your recommendation!) on my stock 18's for a few months now. I've had spacer on several cars before and was impressed with the quality of these.

-Have you experienced any sort of increased road feel/vibration at slower speeds?

Always difficult to explain vibrations, but it's like a rotational vibration in the front wheels at slow speeds & slow turning, only since installing these BloxSport spacers. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the spacers with a bit of sandpaper and anti-seize to make sure a flush fitment, but the problem is still there. Cruising speeds are smooth as expected.

I'm starting to wonder if it's the LCA's showing more signs with the pronounced stance of the car. I'm switching out my winter tires this week, so might solve it too.

Anyways, just thought I'd check to see if you've had any similar issue? (I've searched this forum, but can't find anything similar)

Cheers, keep up the great thread! H
The following users liked this post:
AtomicAWD (04-07-20)
Old 04-07-20, 06:05 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Thanks, guys! I think I did mention in the thread that my mechanic broke one of the BloxSport studs, but they sent me out two replacements. Ironic, in that their specs are actually better than industry standard for hardness.

I noticed nothing different at all with the spacers, as we put them on when I changed out the brakes. Since doing the springs and bushings I haven't noticed any vibrations either, just that sharp road drops or bumps have to be taken with care or there's a significant BANG in the suspension.

Are you on the FB Club Lexus Vancouver group? I tried to get to meetups last year but they kept having them on Sundays; hoping to do so this year.
Old 04-07-20, 08:10 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
Thanks, guys! I think I did mention in the thread that my mechanic broke one of the BloxSport studs, but they sent me out two replacements. Ironic, in that their specs are actually better than industry standard for hardness.

I noticed nothing different at all with the spacers, as we put them on when I changed out the brakes. Since doing the springs and bushings I haven't noticed any vibrations either, just that sharp road drops or bumps have to be taken with care or there's a significant BANG in the suspension.

Are you on the FB Club Lexus Vancouver group? I tried to get to meetups last year but they kept having them on Sundays; hoping to do so this year.
I already asked to join a week ago or so...

But it seems the Admins on that group are too busy to accept new join requests

If meets only happen on Sundays, it'll be hard to get to meets as my Sundays are pretty busy...
Old 04-10-20, 05:32 PM
eNeLGe
Driver School Candidate

Thanks man, I'm going to do bushing next and hopefully that solves the issue. I just got new summers on and it didn't really get much better.

I'm not unfortunately. No Facebook for me... The Toyota 4x4 guys are always bugging me to join too.

If there are every any meets, please feel free to share here, i'd be happy to join once covid is over!

Thanks again
Old 08-16-21, 05:58 PM
Leo7
Driver

Would you recommend this spacers setup 25mm front, and 20mm on the back?

i have a 16 IS300 AWD FSPORT on RSR Down springs with full nia body kit. I live in NYC with bad roads. I want it to be flushed
Old 08-28-21, 11:12 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Hi, I'm not the best one to ask for recommendations, but on mine I think I could have gone 25s on the front but the 15s on the back are visibly very close to the wheel wells so don't think I'd do 20s there, unless the camber helps them clear.
Old 08-28-21, 02:22 PM
Leo7
Driver

Hi, I'm not the best one to ask for recommendations, but on mine I think I could have gone 25s on the front but the 15s on the back are visibly very close to the wheel wells so don't think I'd do 20s there, unless the camber helps them clear.
Oh wow my H&R spacers arrived today.. got the 25 in the front and 20 in the rear