Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Johnny’s 2008 IS250

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-19, 02:00 PM
johnnyyh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Johnny’s 2008 IS250

Hey CL, I’ve read some stuff here before for some info on SC’s. I finally made an account to try to find a rear lip for my IS. Can anyone let me know why I can’t post on the market? (Maybe cause I’m new?). Anyways I’ll post to this here and there. Also any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by johnnyyh; 03-21-19 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-21-19, 02:07 PM
johnnyyh
Driver School Candidate

When I first brought it home on January, 2019. 2008 IS250. Paid $7500 with 156k miles. I’m pretty sure it’s a base model too. Wish I waited a bit longer to find a 350 with lower miles. I originally wanted a 335i but no complaints about this.

Last edited by johnnyyh; 03-21-19 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-21-19, 02:21 PM
johnnyyh
Driver School Candidate

When I saw it on the dealer’s sight I knew right away it was lowered. To my surprise they were Megan Racing coilovers height and dampening adjustable. My plans were to save for bags being this is the newest car I’ve had but these can lower plenty and they ride nice. No complaints. Some photos I took after a storm.

I tried doing a sticker shop on Instagram but there was no interest so I only printed the first design. Rookie mistake I ordered 50 LMAO. I have a bunch left over. Send me a DM if you wanna buy one. $2 shipped

I loved the Simple look of the stock 5-spokes and a slight drop. After a week of it I wanted to start making it my own. Ordered an INGS replica front lip but I didn’t like how I flowed with the body lines. I canceled the order and got this Vertex style one instead. Much cleaner look IMO. Perfect for the clean, simple look I’m going for. Being the eager teenager I am I painted it in the cold rain and just threw it on. (Those headlights )
Old 03-21-19, 07:10 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

Welcome and nice start looks to be in pretty good condition
The following users liked this post:
johnnyyh (07-10-19)
Old 03-21-19, 08:19 PM
johnnyyh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Aspect
Welcome and nice start looks to be in pretty good condition
thank you I appreciate it
Old 03-21-19, 08:32 PM
johnnyyh
Driver School Candidate

6000K LEDs put on. I really prefer white as it looks much cleaner IMO. Of everything these took me the longest cause I order the wrong size the the high beam. Once I got the right size they were flickering. (I have LEDs on my SC and they don’t do this) I read that it has something to do with the DRL being the same as the high beams. Anyways I ordered some stuff to stop the flickering. They reduced it but it’s still there although you don’t really notice the flickering unless your right in front of them.

Old 03-21-19, 08:39 PM
johnnyyh
Driver School Candidate

These recently came in. Second set of wheels I’ve gotten from ThreePieceUS. There’s always a problem with them. I wouldn’t buy from them again. Anyways the specs are 18x8 +30. I wanted 18s to have the car sit a bit lower. I know I know the specs are weak. I WAS planning on getting bigger lips for them because I thought they were 3-piece wheels. They’re actually 2-piece welded. They say all their wheels are 3-piece and there was nothing on the site stating they were 2-piece. I didn’t bother trying to work with them again. I have some spacers coming in to make them flush.
Old 03-22-19, 03:45 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 768 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyyh
6000K LEDs put on. I really prefer white as it looks much cleaner IMO. Of everything these took me the longest cause I order the wrong size the the high beam. Once I got the right size they were flickering. (I have LEDs on my SC and they don’t do this) I read that it has something to do with the DRL being the same as the high beams. Anyways I ordered some stuff to stop the flickering. They reduced it but it’s still there although you don’t really notice the flickering unless your right in front of them.

You should try these LED bulbs with decoders. They've been on my car for about 3 years now. No flickering at all. I have the 50w version. So the new 80w version should look better.
DECODER OPTION IS R4

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/LED-Daytime...rl-decoder.htm

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Max-80W-CREE-LED-Fog-Lights-
DRL-Lamps-p/40-34x-cree.htm

Old 03-22-19, 09:00 PM
johnnyyh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
You should try these LED bulbs with decoders. They've been on my car for about 3 years now. No flickering at all. I have the 50w version. So the new 80w version should look better.
DECODER OPTION IS R4

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/LED-Daytime...rl-decoder.htm

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Max-80W-CREE-LED-Fog-Lights-
DRL-Lamps-p/40-34x-cree.htm
thanks man I appreciate that. I’ll definitely get them in the future. Saving my money just in case I find a rear lip haha
Old 03-25-19, 10:42 AM
Caramelel
Driver School Candidate

Nice whip bro! i noticed that your hood doesn't align with your quarter panels, my car has the same issue, i was wondering if you knew a fix for it or what could be causing it?
Old 03-25-19, 11:47 AM
johnnyyh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Caramelel
Nice whip bro! i noticed that your hood doesn't align with your quarter panels, my car has the same issue, i was wondering if you knew a fix for it or what could be causing it?
thank you man I appreciate it. Yes I’ve noticed it too. I think you just have to adjust the rubber stops under the hood. I took them out to remove the panels to get to the lights and I think I put them too low
Old 03-25-19, 01:26 PM
johnnyyh
Driver School Candidate

How it sits as of 3/25/19. Still need to lower it a bit and I’m getting spacers for my birthday in May . Also need to get different tires for the rear. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A REAR LIP FOR SALE LMK. As always thanks for looking!