Notices
Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

Transmission shudders after accelerating.

Old 03-09-19, 09:27 AM
loeb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission shudders after accelerating.

'95 LS400. When I take my foot off of the gas, regardless of how much or little I'm accelerating, the car shudders , front to back. It is intermittent but goes away wvery time I move the shifter to "3". Engine and transmission mounts are new. I think it is obvious that the transmission has an issue. Is this a common known issue?,
Old 03-09-19, 07:43 PM
ankurdave
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If this happens around 45 mph, it's probably an issue with the ECU called "throttle shock" [1, 2]. My '95 does this as well. The fix is to install an appropriate replacement ECU (see thread 2 for the part number, which depends on the VIN and whether or not it's a California car). At some point I intend to search some junkyards for such an ECU, or else shell out the $200 for a refurbished one online.
Old 03-23-19, 01:12 AM
dicer
Lexus Champion

Received 75 Likes on 70 Posts

Maybe another case of the use of maxlife transfluid.
Old 07-01-19, 06:47 PM
RelentLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ankurdave View Post
If this happens around 45 mph, it's probably an issue with the ECU called "throttle shock" [[url=https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000/497075-1995-ls-ecu-replacement-and-damage-from-throttle-shock.html]1, 2]. My '95 does this as well. The fix is to install an appropriate replacement ECU (see thread 2 for the part number, which depends on the VIN and whether or not it's a California car). At some point I intend to search some junkyards for such an ECU, or else shell out the $200 for a refurbished one online.
+1. my 95 had this issue too and it could be throttle shock on yours too. Early production date 95's had this defect with the ecu which was quickly fixed by lexus, as well there was a recall for 95's with this issue.

you need to install a #50224 or #50225 ecu part#. I purchased a rebuild #50225 off ebay for about $150. Installed it any problem is gone. along with a few other gremlins my car had due to old ecu too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission shudders after accelerating.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: