LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

F&f height problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-19, 10:02 PM
cookieend
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F&f height problem

So I’ve recently bought coilovers for my car and I’ve mesured everything correctly but my front passenger side is lower than my driver side. I’ve raised that passenger side only too days after and still low rubbing hard sitting in fender not even a quarter turn. I want to keep raising it more but I’m afraid I’ll run out of thread because there’s already enough thread showing. I don’t know if the preload was adjusted by f&f but I’m afread to mess with the preload cause it void warranty. The rears however are the same measurement as the front and it **** a bit more high but I’m guess that the motor weight making the front lower too.

Old 02-27-19, 06:07 AM
kos
Advanced

Received 115 Likes on 97 Posts

http://bcracingwholesale.com/index.p...ng-ride-height

As for your preload, I would remove almost all of it depending on how tight you have the spring. I typically start my preload a little snug, just enough so that the spring can still be rotated by hand.
Old 02-27-19, 06:57 AM
cookieend
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kos

As for your preload, I would remove almost all of it depending on how tight you have the spring. I typically start my preload a little snug, just enough so that the spring can still be rotated by hand.
thanks man for the help but that my problem. I’ve raised the car through the struts and not the preload way (springs) and there’s already probably more than 35 threads showing and it looks like it’s about to run out of coil. But it’s no biggie man I ordered a pbm fender roller. I just rub really hard and it’s gunna be like a week or so to get get my fenders rolled
Old 02-27-19, 07:00 AM
cookieend
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kos

oh btw will an alignment get my toe back in specs even if I don’t have adjustable toe arms?