Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

92 Soarer Royal Jade

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-19, 10:00 AM
MNtyler
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 92 Soarer Royal Jade

figured it’s time I start my build thread. It was supposed to start last June but the money I had saved for my build got spent on another vehicle. Now that I have had time to save up and enjoy the car all summer/fall it’s time to get a move on!

The vehicle was delivered to me from Toprank Vehicle Importers with 51k miles on it. The factory R154 was smooth and it sounded so nice for a 26 year old vehicle. It’s a GT-TL with a hardtop and cloth seats.

So far I’ve done minimal changes since I just wanted to enjoy it during the season. I added a Cubespeed short throw shifter, some Supra TT rims (powder coated highland bronze), and a kenwood DD with GPS and apple CarPlay.

I have a 6262 1JZ kit on the way from driftmotion and plan on installing that along with a custom single exit exhaust and an HKS carbon-ti muffler, Greddy FMIC kit, Mishimoto Mkiv radiator, TRD upper strut brace, and boss hub steering wheel kit (undecided on a steering wheel so far).

I also have a walbro 450 e85 rated fuel pump and an emu black from ecumaster. I don’t plan on installing the ECU until I get everything ready for the fuel conversion. I still need an FPR, fuel rail, injectors, and fuel lines. I have some LS400 calipers ready for powder coat and need rotors and pads as well as SS brake lines.

I also still need a clutch and an LSD. Lots more to come haha. My goals initially for this spring will be 400-450 HP with the turbo kit, exhaust, and fmic. I also have some 440 JDM mkiv injectors to install as well. Can’t wait to get this thing rolling!

On the truck leaving California!

Home in Minnesota.

Super clean inside

Love the TT rims

Love the winged lion emblem. PSA: it’s not a griffin.

This was my first plate choice.

Absolutely love the Cubespeed shifter.
Old 01-17-19, 10:59 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Welcome! Very cool Soarer. Sounds like you're on your way to a hell of a project!
Old 01-17-19, 12:33 PM
MNtyler
Rookie

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Welcome! Very cool Soarer. Sounds like you're on your way to a hell of a project!
Thanks! I’m super excited to start making some power. I am intentionally leaving the body, etc as stock looking as possible however I *might* add a roof spoiler. I just want to gap fools haha.
Old 01-19-19, 02:18 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yummi cloth seats!!!!!
Old 01-19-19, 06:40 PM
MNtyler
Rookie

Originally Posted by megamax
yummi cloth seats!!!!!
Thanks! I’m trying hard to find the jdm covers that some of them have. They’re like doilies for the tops of the seats.
Old 01-22-19, 06:15 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you buy the gtr too?? Soarer is clean congrats
Old 01-22-19, 07:06 AM
MNtyler
Rookie

Originally Posted by kez
Did you buy the gtr too?? Soarer is clean congrats
Thanks! It was really important to me to find a clean example. It has zero rust on the undercarriage and the paint is immaculate as well.

I didnt buy the Skyline GTR. I don’t really care for those cars personally. They are everywhere and I like to have something different. I like the soarer because people don’t really notice it unless they know.
Old 01-22-19, 12:10 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Very nice!!! That's certainly a rare one!
Old 01-22-19, 03:23 PM
MNtyler
Rookie

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Very nice!!! That's certainly a rare one!
Thanks for the love! Actually the only reason I found is I had a silver one that I put an inspection scheduled on out in the Seattle area. Some guy showed up the night before my inspection to try and buy it so they asked me to put down a deposit. I passed on that option and started my search again. I found this one down in California and had a great experience with the purchase and everything. I also have a ton of service records and manuals, all in Japanese. I definitely love the color too!
Old 01-25-19, 02:07 PM
MNtyler
Rookie

My Driftmotion turbo kit HAS ARRIVED! It was heavy AF (60 lbs)! Quality seems to be high and the welds look well done. I’m still working on getting my stock twins off (man that is a PITA) and waiting on a couple tools to make it easier. If anyone has any tips or tricks I’m happy to listen.
My ECU is also on the way and I decided to take a little different path. I’m going to do my single turbo and ECU install this spring. I also got a bluetooth adapter for my ECU so I can run gauges on an Android device. Since I’m an Apple user I need to get a tablet. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for a mounting bracket?
Here are a couple pictures of the turbo kit! It’s a 6262 from Driftmtion.

Old 02-27-19, 05:41 PM
Shayy
Intermediate

Received 132 Likes on 47 Posts

Good luck with the conversion Tyler!
Old 02-28-19, 06:13 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

You're in for a good time by the looks of things!
Old 03-04-19, 09:59 AM
rentaro
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

with the exception of that E-brake handle, that is like THE cleanest soarer i have ever seen. dont get me wrong, i am not negating the E-handle, but the interior is... breath-taking... Excellent find.
The following users liked this post:
TitanG545 (03-05-19)
Old 03-05-19, 12:40 PM
MNtyler
Rookie

Originally Posted by Shayy
Good luck with the conversion Tyler!
Thanks Shayy, looking forward to it!
Old 03-05-19, 12:41 PM
MNtyler
Rookie

Originally Posted by RudysSC
You're in for a good time by the looks of things!
Thanks man. I’m super excited to see how it feels/sounds and what kind of power I make.

Quick Reply: 92 Soarer Royal Jade