Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Ge na-t Conversion. Finally!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-18, 02:43 PM
SloSc88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ge na-t Conversion. Finally!!!!

Whats goin on guys? I am very new to the forums and really have no idea how it all works. Still figuring alot out. I have a 97 sc 300 with a perfect body and love the car to death. The car was totally stock with 160k miles on it. I Picked it up about 3 years ago from a single owner and loved it as my daily. I've been itching to do a single turbo setup the entire time ive owned this car. I work as a technician and have a ton of automotive experience so i will doing all the work myself. Still pretty new to the 2jz family. I have pulled the engine and tore down to bare block. The block looks great as well as all other internals. I sent the block out to a local machine shop known for their 2jz work. Should have the engine back in 2 weeks or so. Just wanted to intro myself and see whats going on with some of you.
Old 01-01-19, 05:57 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Welcome to Clublexus .

On the following link you will find a lot of info that will be very useful in your endeavor : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...tart-here.html

Check Ali's thread too if a pure NA-T is what you are after : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...t-ecu-mod.html

I am moving this thread that will document your car at the build section .

Good Luck !
Old 01-01-19, 02:58 PM
SloSc88
Driver School Candidate

Thanks alot!!!! Here we go!!!!
Old 01-01-19, 06:10 PM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Hey this is awesome! So what block stuff are you having done to it? It is a VVTI so are you getting beefier rods?
Old 01-04-19, 12:02 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Welcome SloSc88! Looking forward to your progress!
Old 01-06-19, 08:56 AM
SloSc88
Driver School Candidate

The car is actually between model years so the engine is a non-vvti. The block is in great condition along with the pistons and crank. Im having the block cleaned and cylinders honed. Going to 86.5 mm bore. Going back together with Manley H-beams and CP 9:1 pistons. All new bearings. I had the head decked and cleaned up. Had the valve seats ground and setup for the BC stage 2 Camshafts. Getting ready to paint the block next before I throw it all back together. Its been a slow process for sure. Im having trouble finding adjustable cam gears because im not sure which ones will fit the bc cams. Also have not made a choice for the head gasket yet. Any Advice???. I for sure wanna go lower than stock compression. I think im going with a factory gte head gasket with the 9:1 pistons. Should get me a little over 8.5:1
Old 01-06-19, 09:11 AM
SloSc88
Driver School Candidate

Ive been searching for an R154 but seems like its impossible. I really wanna 5 speed swap my car. I dont really have a HP goal in mind but im sure its gonna end up being more than the factory auto can handle. The engine should take whatever I throw at it. I ordered a gte style intake and 90mm throttle body with fuel rail kit. Still havent picked the injectors or turbo setup. I have so many questions and really just need a point in the right direction. I dont wanna put all this money in the engine and it only make 300 hp. I would be happy with putting 500 to the tires though. Lol. I know the car is capable but not sure how to achieve just yet. Im not even sure how im gonna make the intake work yet with the throttle body being relocated and all. Gotta figure out the throttle linkage and transmission issues first