Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC owner vehicles

Pittsy's 2015 RC350 Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-19, 06:58 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 784 Likes on 401 Posts

Just got my exhaust cutouts installed yesterday. I am absolutely in love with the exhaust note the car has while the cutouts are open. However, my plans didn't go through exactly how I thought. I had to have the secondary cats removed to make room for the cutouts. When the cutouts are closed, I'm not sure if I'm happy with the exhaust note I'm getting. I will post both videos tonight and get some opinions. If I'm too unhappy, I will pick up an Apexi Axelback I found a deal on. The goal of cutouts was to be as quiet as possible (stock volume) While closed, but the removal of the cats has made that kind of impossible, So I guess I'll be putting an Axelback on to get a really nice exhaust note and stay pretty quiet. Anyone have experience with just a Apexi Axelback?
Old 01-29-19, 09:23 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Just wrapped the interior trim panels and did a side window chrome delete. I totally forgot to take a video of the exhaust note. I guess I'll do that tonight and show you guys. Not gonna lie I love the sound but the clicker remote is very tacky. Thinking about taking the unused button on my steering wheel and making my own controller for it.

Installed my Takeda CAI. Looks and sounds great.

Also had audio express install my subs. Sounds great.

Last couple things to do to my car are as follows:

F-sport grille (I sourced the parts and bought them. Hope to have it soon)
Front grille chrome delete
Quad exit exhaust tips
New steering wheel from @automotive_addons_ on IG (it has a lcd scree and shifting lights. its really cool go check it out.)
New brake rotors when mine get shot and worn out.

I guess eventually I'll get the RR Supercharger. Thats notr going to happen for a very long time though, however I'll get their tune in a few weeks.
Old 02-07-19, 11:50 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Proud to introduce my partnership with Advan Racing! Going to be testing out their Axelback for the RC Series. They're requesting I make a sound video as well as lots of high quality images of their pipes installed on my car! This solves my issue with the tips and nasty noise when my cutouts are closed, granted thats only true if it sounds good! Advan claims that their axelback sounds almost identical to Tanabe's Touring Medallion Axelback.... We will see! Supposed to arrive on wednesday, and ill do the install then. Leaving my resonators in, I'm trying to stay as stock quiet as I can while sounding decent.

In regards to my build, I have gotten a quote from PPE to have headers made and installed for my car. I'm thinking it'll sound absolutely stunning with the cutouts open, as well as give me some more performance. Since I'm local I'll run down there at some point and have the install done as well. Gotta save some dough!

Anyone have any experience with Advan?
Old 02-14-19, 02:16 PM
CouveGS
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice build! Let me know how it goes with Advan. I'd throw my car in the ring to test out an exhaust for the GS 350

Subbed to this thread and hope to hear good things (like exhaust clips) soon!
Old 02-18-19, 05:36 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Well.... This build (more specifically my exhaust) has taken a different direction than intended. The Advan Mufflers sounded great, but they’re no longer on the car.....

Instead, I went down to Performance Muffler in Peoria AZ (I cant share enough good words about this company btw) and has them rip my old midpipe with the cutouts off the car, and stuff the advan’s in the back seat.

Then, I had them create a custom 2.5” pipe all the way from the downpipes to the tips, with an X in the middle. Completely straightpiped Lexus RC350!

Enjoy:

I have plans for headers from PPE in the future. But i gotta get this grill swap done first!
Old 02-18-19, 05:45 PM
Pittsy
Racer

If anyone wants the Advan Clips with the cutout rattle I can provide that too. the cutout rattle before the exhaust overhaul was so overwhelming
Old 02-18-19, 07:14 PM
ZAM
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That sounds really good but I bet it drones like crazy. Also, looking forward to the grille swap.
Old 02-19-19, 05:34 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by ZAM
That sounds really good but I bet it drones like crazy. Also, looking forward to the grille swap.
You’re not going to believe me when i say this, but... I have absolutely no drone...

the drone i had with the cutouts was insane cause the exits were right under me, but now there’s literally none!
Old 02-20-19, 10:02 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Cold start:
The following users liked this post:
SFFD785 (04-01-22)
Old 02-20-19, 01:46 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Here are some pics of the custom exhaust setup:

rear exits/“axelback” portion

here’s the “midpipe” section

xpipe section

xpipe to downpipes section
itsx (02-20-19)
Old 03-19-19, 11:47 AM
Pittsy
Racer

New update: Just got in touch with Gerlicious Performance to have a set of RGB DRL's with turn signal and switchbacks manufactured. Got the process started and going to be shipping the DRL's in the begining of next week. HOPEFULLY by the time theyre done, My d*** fsport grille should be in. Since im going to have to take the front bumper off to put the DRL's back in I want to have the grille to do it at the same time.

Another mod I did was the Megan Racing Strut Bar. Stripped it and painted it black. Looks great.

I keep forgetting to update this thread with how the build is going, but I installed the takeda CAI as well as my 12" subs in the trunk, and wrapped the side chromes in satin black.

Here's a little photo I edited!

I think while I have the bumper off im going to paint the stock grille in case mine doesnt come in in time. I HATE CHROME!

I was super close to buying the RRRacing tune for my car, but I couldnt get the discount code for tax day to work so i havent done it yet. It'll get done eventually though!
Old 04-02-19, 10:32 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Ok, got the DRL's back from @Gerxiong89 , as well as placed my order for the RR Tune. Still dont have a tracking number for the grille. The supplier I ordered from is going to reach out to their supplier and get back to me.[Edit, Got a tracking number just now. Scheduled Delivery is monday.] Here's some pics and videos to tide you guys over:

Also if anyone is out there selling an Apexi Throttle controller, lmk. I'm looking for one.

Last edited by Pittsy; 04-02-19 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-09-19, 10:33 AM
Pittsy
Racer

FSPORT GRILLE CONVERSION DONE

and wow it looks absolutely stunning. I painted the chromes before I installed it as well. It's beautiful.

See my post on what I did to do this here: Grille Conversion

And, I installed the RRRacing Tune for my car as well. Im loving this car more and more each day!

Next up: Steering wheel? Coilovers? Hydrodipped interior? Headers?

Mayyybeeeee
The following 2 users liked this post by Pittsy:
capmpickles (12-18-23), jmpickrell (07-23-20)
Old 04-09-19, 02:10 PM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

Did you do your own DRLs or did you have someone else do them? I assume they are LED, What brand did you use for the RGB?
mistermatt (05-07-20)
Old 04-09-19, 02:40 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by jonmonkey
Did you do your own DRLs or did you have someone else do them? I assume they are LED, What brand did you use for the RGB?
I had @Gerxiong89 do them for me.

Quick Reply: Pittsy's 2015 RC350 Build