Pittsy's 2015 RC350 Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-19, 05:51 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsy
I had @Gerxiong89 do them for me.
Do you know what product he installed? I am wanting to black out my headlights and install angel/demon eyes and it would be nice the have DRLs that match.
Old 04-10-19, 12:41 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 784 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by jonmonkey
Do you know what product he installed? I am wanting to black out my headlights and install angel/demon eyes and it would be nice the have DRLs that match.
I do not. I'll get in touch with him, or if he sees this he can respond here. I'll find out.
The following users liked this post:
jonmonkey (04-10-19)
Old 04-12-19, 08:23 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Well it's headers time. Picked up a set of IS350 RWD Headers from another member. Going to go down to PPE and have them install them. Definitely going to be putting resonators in. The drone with a complete straightpipe and headers is going to be crazy.
Old 04-30-19, 12:29 PM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Congrats on the purchase and its progress - very nice! Does your RGB DRL swap additionally have the option of : white DRL active to switch to sequential amber turn signals?

I've seen a couple companies that once offered but no longer, asking before I reach out to Gerxiong89, thanks in advance!
Old 04-30-19, 01:05 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by tuscani66
Congrats on the purchase and its progress - very nice! Does your RGB DRL swap additionally have the option of : white DRL active to switch to sequential amber turn signals?

I've seen a couple companies that once offered but no longer, asking before I reach out to Gerxiong89, thanks in advance!
Yep, it does. I actually posted a video of the sequential turn signal function in a post a couple clicks up. Theyre awesome! Ger is the best!
Old 05-02-19, 08:11 PM
Pittsy
Racer

The days of being a non FBO RC are over. Just got my headers installed by PPE Engineering. The exhaust setup is as follows currently. PPE Headers + 2.5" Straightpipe with an X pipe. heres a vertical video. ignore the ginger

ITS CRAZY LOUD!

Gonna give it about a week before I put some high flow cats in... I also don't want to roll up to inspections smelling like a gas bomb. As well as, I could definitely do without the rasp.

Edit: What should I put in to get rid of some of the rasp? Cats or resonators?

She's ready for a track day...

Last edited by Pittsy; 05-03-19 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-04-19, 12:55 PM
an1m4l
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

The days of being a non FBO RC are over. Just got my headers installed by PPE Engineering. The exhaust setup is as follows currently. PPE Headers + 2.5" Straightpipe with an X pipe. heres a vertical video. ignore the ginger

https://youtu.be/zAKqqDNwZ4c

ITS CRAZY LOUD!

Gonna give it about a week before I put some high flow cats in... I also don't want to roll up to inspections smelling like a gas bomb. As well as, I could definitely do without the rasp.

Edit: What should I put in to get rid of some of the rasp? Cats or resonators?

She's ready for a track day...

Wow that is intense, but I can't say I wouldn't do the same given the given the opportunity lol. I think it's the cats that help with the rasp. With that back in the exhaust, hopefully some of the lower end sound comes back to make it deeper. Was that you?
Old 05-04-19, 12:59 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by an1m4l
Wow that is intense, but I can't say I wouldn't do the same given the given the opportunity lol. I think it's the cats that help with the rasp. With that back in the exhaust, hopefully some of the lower end sound comes back to make it deeper. Was that you?
😉😉 Dont worry, it’s a little too intense for me too. Just got in touch with ppe, going to be putting some magnaflow high flow cats and a resonated x pipe in.

damn right it’s me 😉
Old 05-07-19, 11:33 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Bringing my car and the stock wheels to Discount Tire today. They've always been helpful, they were actually the ones who set me up with my PS4S's. Having them repair my Niche Wheels and throw my stock wheels on in the mean time.

Cats for my exhaust have been ordered, theyre supposed to be here today. Will have those installed later this week.
The following users liked this post:
Discount Tire (05-07-19)
Old 05-08-19, 07:56 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

I wish I could like the like given by Discount Tire! I love how they are creeping on this forums liking every post in which they are mentioned.

Old 05-08-19, 08:38 AM
Pittsy
Racer

I wish I could like the like given by Discount Tire! I love how they are creeping on this forums liking every post in which they are mentioned.

Well as always, they were helpful. Between me forgetting lugnuts yesterday and fixing a leak in my PS4S, they helped me out. Ended up ordered a new wheel from them because of a bend in mine.

And on the not so happy side of things, I threw a CEL this morning. have a look-see

That last one scares me. The banks being too lean is a symptom of having the PPE headers, but my RR tune shouldve taken care of it no? Either way Im already in contact with Rafi and he is helping me get it all taken care of. I just really, really, dont like that last code.

These are the possible causes.

Faulty Port Injector Fuel
Port Injector Fuel harness is open or shorted
Port Injector Fuel circuit poor electrical connection

I was forced to put some Valero fuel(91) in the car the other night, only half a gallon as I usually only fill up at Shell or The Thumb. Going to fill up with a splash of 100 in my usual 91 at the thumb this afternoon.

I turned off the CEL and it hasnt come back. lets hope this fuel is my remedy to P1170. Im sure Rafi can help me out with the lean bank issue.

Old 05-08-19, 09:02 AM
Discount Tire
Former Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Like of the Like received

Well as always, they were helpful. Between me forgetting lugnuts yesterday and fixing a leak in my PS4S, they helped me out. Ended up ordered a new wheel from them because of a bend in mine.

And on the not so happy side of things, I threw a CEL this morning. have a look-see

That last one scares me. The banks being too lean is a symptom of having the PPE headers, but my RR tune shouldve taken care of it no? Either way Im already in contact with Rafi and he is helping me get it all taken care of. I just really, really, dont like that last code.

These are the possible causes.

Faulty Port Injector Fuel
Port Injector Fuel harness is open or shorted
Port Injector Fuel circuit poor electrical connection

I was forced to put some Valero fuel(91) in the car the other night, only half a gallon as I usually only fill up at Shell or The Thumb. Going to fill up with a splash of 100 in my usual 91 at the thumb this afternoon.

I turned off the CEL and it hasnt come back. lets hope this fuel is my remedy to P1170. Im sure Rafi can help me out with the lean bank issue.
Thank you for your continued support, Pittsy! We look forward to helping you again in the future - good luck with diagnosing the P1170 code!
Old 05-08-19, 03:50 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Got everything figured out and fixed. has a crank case line come loose. Now when I lock my car It doesn’t beep and hazards don’t flash the doors still lock though. never changed my settings but i’m going to double check them.
Old 05-09-19, 07:50 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Got everything figured out and fixed. has a crank case line come loose. Now when I lock my car It doesn’t beep and hazards don’t flash the doors still lock though. never changed my settings but i’m going to double check them.
Turns out the car decided to be wack but its all fine now. Car is going to Performance Muffler later today to have my two magnaflow cats welded in!
Old 05-13-19, 08:03 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Alright! Cats are in. Reduced a ton of rasp, but still might do something for a little less rasp in the future.

Onto the fun stuff. I started working on custom sub boxes, and air setup for my trunk. I had the Terminator subs from amazon and a boss amp. Time to get away from that stuff. I was looking for some speakers that were a lot more high quality, so I settled on some 4ohm 8" dual voice coil kicker subs. Got two of them. To go with them I started making some sub boxes. I followed what @specONE did a little bit. Used cardboard to get the shape, then cut out of wood. The one thing I cant get it the fiberglass. I tried and it was too difficult. Any ideas? I'm still thinking.

Need some way to make the backing of the enclosure. I made the bottom piece and face piece out of wood. Also the thing that covers the spare and tools I made out of wood too, didnt snag a pic though.

Car gets its wheels repaired today also! Lots of things happening!

Quick Reply: Pittsy's 2015 RC350 Build