IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aftermarket seat fix for passenger occupancy sensor and Light

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-18, 12:23 AM
TonymyNguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Aftermarket seat fix for passenger occupancy sensor and Light

Hey guys so Ive noticed in the 2008-2013 is250/350 models no one really found a way to get rid of the airbag light for the passenger side or what you need to remove in order to have the airbag on for the passenger when you do have one. So ive figured out the solution to having no airbag lights on your cluster and also to have the airbag on while you have a passenger.
NO NEED TO CUT ANY WIRES
AND YES YOU STILL HAVE TO GET A 2.2-2.3 Ohm RESISTOR TO PUT IN THE AIRBAG PLUG
THIS THREAD IS MAINLY FOR THE OCCUPANCY PAD TO HAVE YOUR AIRBAG ON WHILE HAVNG A PASSENGER
FOLLOW ME on Instagram for any questions @Tonymy_Tana

Step 1- After taking your OEM seat out, Go under the seat and locate (Computer,Occupant Detection box)

Step 2- follow the wires back from the sensor and you'll soon find out that there are three plugs that the wire leads to after cutting through the adhesive tape and following it back. Carefully seperate the harness from the adhesive holding all the wires together and again you'll come out with three plugs (memorize where each plug goes) that go to the occuoany detection box you see.

Step 3- Locate the pad (Grey heat protecting material) that Gives air to the pressure sensor and pull that pad out the seat by releasing the springs under the seat.

Step 4- Clean up the wiring that you pulled out the seat harness and you'll end up with these items.

Step 5- Find a place under the aftermarket seat that applies pressure to the pad when someone is sitting in it so the sensor can be activated causing your passenger airbag to be active when driving and plug in the sensors that you pulled with the occupancy box and you should be all set.

Follow me on my Instagram ( @Tonymy_Tana ) and ask me any questions you have!

Old 08-14-19, 07:12 PM
JamesISF
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TonymyNguy
Hey guys so Ive noticed in the 2008-2013 is250/350 models no one really found a way to get rid of the airbag light for the passenger side or what you need to remove in order to have the airbag on for the passenger when you do have one. So ive figured out the solution to having no airbag lights on your cluster and also to have the airbag on while you have a passenger.
NO NEED TO CUT ANY WIRES
AND YES YOU STILL HAVE TO GET A 2.2-2.3 Ohm RESISTOR TO PUT IN THE AIRBAG PLUG
THIS THREAD IS MAINLY FOR THE OCCUPANCY PAD TO HAVE YOUR AIRBAG ON WHILE HAVNG A PASSENGER
FOLLOW ME on Instagram for any questions @Tonymy_Tana

Step 1- After taking your OEM seat out, Go under the seat and locate (Computer,Occupant Detection box)

Step 2- follow the wires back from the sensor and you'll soon find out that there are three plugs that the wire leads to after cutting through the adhesive tape and following it back. Carefully seperate the harness from the adhesive holding all the wires together and again you'll come out with three plugs (memorize where each plug goes) that go to the occuoany detection box you see.

Step 3- Locate the pad (Grey heat protecting material) that Gives air to the pressure sensor and pull that pad out the seat by releasing the springs under the seat.

Step 4- Clean up the wiring that you pulled out the seat harness and you'll end up with these items.

Step 5- Find a place under the aftermarket seat that applies pressure to the pad when someone is sitting in it so the sensor can be activated causing your passenger airbag to be active when driving and plug in the sensors that you pulled with the occupancy box and you should be all set.

Follow me on my Instagram ( @Tonymy_Tana ) and ask me any questions you have!
Hi Tony, sorry to bring back the old thread but this instruction for 2nd Generation IS-250, IS-350 and IS-F from 2006-2013? Thank you for the write up!
Old 08-19-19, 04:54 AM
daddystop
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Yep, mods please move this. Not sure why so many people end up posting in the 1st Gen section.
Old 02-20-24, 10:05 PM
V8GGIES
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed with the person above. This should be moved to the 2nd gen section.

@TonymyNguy, thank you for the tutorial. From the pictures, I see that the occupant sensor module has a part number of 89952-0W061. Do you know if this part number includes the weight sensor pad? Or does the weight sensor pad has its own part number? Thanks!
Old 02-22-24, 11:48 AM
richieb123
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I had the passenger occupancy airbag issue - I was able to locate someone else who also had a 2nd gen IS.. he allowed me to plug tech-stream into his car and copy his passenger occupancy data. After that I just jumped right back in my car and basically pasted his occupancy data onto my passenger seat.

Solved my problem years ago and it has not came back since. I was about to have to buy a new seat or a new module underneath the seat. Saved me tons of money and time.