Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

2015 GS350 F RWD Build

Old 11-13-18, 01:36 PM
CaptRog21
Pole Position

Received 100 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by PilotX
Close. A Cessna 182RG.
While we wait for another update on the car...care to post a pic of the Cessna? Been flying foamies for a long time mainly due to them being inexpensive and easy to repair.
Old 11-15-18, 08:40 PM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Congrats buddy hang in there your almost to the finishline. This is super exciting to see a 4GS AWD getting the RR supercharger installed. I want to supercharge my 4GS next summer, but I want it to be a sleeper GS with quiet stock sounding exhaust even at the expense of lost hp.

Last edited by highrev6; 11-16-18 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-16-18, 07:32 AM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

This is why I do all my own work. The only people to install an SC on my car is the people who make it which is RRRacing. They are 90 mins from me. I hope you sue the hell out of the lying ****** (not RRR, I mean your installers in Colorado). This install should have taken 2 weeks at most. @RRRacing Simon/Rafi you know about this?
Old 11-16-18, 07:37 AM
bob256k
Instructor

Received 265 Likes on 203 Posts

I hope you win severe damages. I will never understand why some shops do this; if you don't want to do it the right way and be honest just turn down the job. No one is forcing you to take every customer.

This happened to a personal friend at a paint shop; car sat for A YEAR.
Old 11-16-18, 11:30 AM
eddie420

I have offered the shop an opportunity to give me my car back and develop a plan to get it done in short order. I refuse to pay for work that didn’t need to be completed.

Still waiting for the call, which given the level of communication thus far, won’t happen. I will have my car picked up and deal with the mechanic’s lien in court.
Take a sheriff or cop with you.
Old 11-16-18, 12:09 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,986 Likes on 1,411 Posts

I have offered the shop an opportunity to give me my car back and develop a plan to get it done in short order. I refuse to pay for work that didn’t need to be completed.

Still waiting for the call, which given the level of communication thus far, won’t happen. I will have my car picked up and deal with the mechanic’s lien in court.
Originally Posted by eddie420
Take a sheriff or cop with you.
If the shop believes the car's owner still owes the shop money the shop does not have to release the car to the owner. The shop can put a mechanics lien on the car for money owed, which can often be extraordinarily difficult for the car's owner to challenge. The shop can ultimately add attorneys fees and other expenses and charges on top of the lien claim.
Old 11-16-18, 12:29 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

You cannot withhold somebody’s property. That is why there are mechanic’s liens. I have paid them $6600 so far. If they want to tack on some extra BS I will pay it and then let the attorneys deal with it.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Yes, they absolutely can hold your car! When the vehicle's owner fails to pay for authorized services, the shop may hold the vehicle and place a mechanic's lien on it. If the vehicle's owner fails to pay the bill within a statutory time period then the shop may sell the vehicle to satisfy the lien. State law will differ with regard to time frames and exact procedures but the basic process is similar in all states.

The shop may very well release the car to you, but I rather doubt it if you owe a substantial amount of money, and they certainly do not have to release the car to you. (It sounds like the shop has already talked to you about its rights and a mechanic's lien.) They may want to formally file a lien first before they will release the car to you even though the mechanic's lien starts automatically when payment for authorized work is not paid. My bet is that you will not get your car back until you make payment in full for the amount the shop says you owe them.

I don't know how much the shop believes you owe them, but if the amount is more than you have already paid them - that will be the claim amount. They can also add storage charges, etc. Your best option is to pay whatever the shop says you owe them so you can get your car back, and then take it up in civil court for the money differences.

PS - Having a law enforcement officer with you when trying to pick up your car will not help unless there is a threat or physical confrontation. It's a civil matter, which law enforcement officers don't usually get involved in. However, you can be assured that the shop will be allowed to keep your car until payment in full is made...or the matter is settled in court.

Last edited by bclexus; 11-16-18 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-17-18, 05:58 PM
eddie420

We shall see. I will pay the bill and get it back in the courts, should we not be able to come to an agreement.

Well gents, thank you for hanging out with me through this emotional roller coaster. Bottom line is the kit works. Tight fit but certainly doable. I chose a shop which didn’t meet my needs as a customer and two months is too long.

Good news is I can always make more money.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving. I’ll be in Europe.
Did you get the car back? Can you also post pictures of what they have done so far?
Old 11-25-18, 06:22 PM
eddie420

We shall see. I will pay the bill and get it back in the courts, should we not be able to come to an agreement.

Well gents, thank you for hanging out with me through this emotional roller coaster. Bottom line is the kit works. Tight fit but certainly doable. I chose a shop which didn’t meet my needs as a customer and two months is too long.

Good news is I can always make more money.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving. I’ll be in Europe.
Originally Posted by eddie420
Did you get the car back? Can you also post pictures of what they have done so far?
Any updates on the situation?
Old 11-26-18, 01:57 PM
PilotX
Driver

Received 73 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Dyno run and day logging

G

SC mounted on the left.

Engine cover is off.
Got to log some dyno time today and send the log to RR. Waiting to see if it is the right data fields. Used my VeePeak Wi-Fi and OBDFusion app. Took some time to figure out how to log but I think we got the relevant stuff logged. We shall see.
The following users liked this post:
eddie420 (11-26-18)
Old 11-26-18, 05:07 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Today starts week 9. Had a heart to heart with the shop owner while waiting for my flight at JFK. The kit manufacturer called me while I was in Europe to give me an update. I only have few pictures, mainly when I stopped by to figure out what the hell was going on. My car still needs to go to Lexus to figure out why Enform isn't working as it should. As far as I know they want to do a couple more dyno runs to fine tune the fuel/air/meth. I will know more (but probably not much more) today when I stop by the shop.

I will upload pictures of the install when I get it back and provide a dropbox link for anybody to check it out.
Being a pilot I'm surprised you didn't do much more to check out this shop you used (and the kit manufacturer) to make sure they were capable of delivering an installed product you'd be happy with - in time, performance, cost and reliability. I'm guessing you probably are more careful choosing A&P mechanics/shops to work on your Cessna 182 Skylane RG.

I hope they get everything sorted out to your satisfaction soon and you can get your car back so you can share the results with us.
Old 11-26-18, 07:27 PM
PilotX
Driver

I am a much better pilot than I am a judge of character.
Old 11-26-18, 07:53 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Character is important, but how 'bout the skills of a mechanic?
Old 11-26-18, 08:06 PM
eddie420

Originally Posted by bclexus
Character is important, but how 'bout the skills of a mechanic?
If you check the shop he used, they have glorious ratings. Nothing but good things said by customers. Unfortunately too many people get burned by shops that do great daily work but fail miserably performing more complicated work.
Old 11-28-18, 02:37 PM
PilotX
Driver

Freeeeeedom!
The following 3 users liked this post by PilotX:
bob256k (11-28-18), GrizzlyMan (08-30-21), NickMayer (10-28-19)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 GS350 F RWD Build