Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Lammy's NGP Track Build

Old 12-24-18, 01:08 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Here's two rollers that I was able to get from our F cruise this past weekend when I was going home. My friend Barry also bought himself and I an AOS for Christmas - we tackled the install and he was able to figure out how to install it WITHOUT cutting the engine cover. He flipped the bracket that RR-Racing provided and re-positioned some of the hoses and was able to make it work.

Last three pics are not part of my build, but Barry did an awesome job wrapping his engine cover unicorn white (that's what I call it LOL). He made a few adjustments to the wrapped engine cover after I took the photos so they look even better now.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Old 12-25-18, 06:36 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Steven, what a great Xmas to get car mods for presents!
How awesome you got aos installed without cutting! I lamented about cutting mine.
I will say that draining the canister in that mounting position looks hard to do...
When on track, I dump that thing each session. I recall you saying you want to track your car, so that may be an issue?
May be you can change the two oem bolts to some kind of quick release, then pull the whole unit, bracket and all, up out of the hole?
Lmk your thoughts. Do a test with the engine slightly warm so you can see how it may be like if engine is hot!!

Btw the cover looks great!

Last edited by Mingofish; 12-25-18 at 06:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Lammyyy (12-26-18)
Old 12-26-18, 09:12 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mingofish
Steven, what a great Xmas to get car mods for presents!
How awesome you got aos installed without cutting! I lamented about cutting mine.
I will say that draining the canister in that mounting position looks hard to do...
When on track, I dump that thing each session. I recall you saying you want to track your car, so that may be an issue?
May be you can change the two oem bolts to some kind of quick release, then pull the whole unit, bracket and all, up out of the hole?
Lmk your thoughts. Do a test with the engine slightly warm so you can see how it may be like if engine is hot!!

Btw the cover looks great!
Hey Ming,

Thanks for your input! The only issue is that it is sitting lower than intended and that the radiator hose is there. It's still fairly easy to access since it's in a position where there's room for me to put my hand in and remove it - it's one bolt and two hoses to release the catch can. It does take a little longer compared to how it originally is supposed to be and harder to see when it's full, but at the cost of not having to cut the cover, I personally think it's worth it (I'll cut the engine cover and reinstall if emptying the AOS becomes too much of a chore for me to empty during track days).

I can try to make a quick release and I'll let you guys know. Gotta thank Barry for this as he did this mainly for people who did not want to cut their engine cover but wanted AOS to prevent oil from getting into their engine.

Last edited by Lammyyy; 12-26-18 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-26-18, 09:56 AM
JBooGieRCF
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yea kinda jealous of this....this is/was the plan for my cover. Looks good!!!

Old 01-09-19, 10:58 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas/New Years!

Snapped a few photos a week ago but was busy with the new year so I didn’t get to upload.

When this rain lightens up, I’ll be changing out my brake lines to StopTech stainless steel! As for now, I’m just taking BART to work

Sorry about the extra large pics - I’ll edit them to a more bearable size when I get home today.

​​​​​

Last edited by Lammyyy; 01-09-19 at 11:04 AM.
JBooGieRCF (01-09-19)
Old 01-10-19, 08:39 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Man those yellow calipers looks right on your car!! purty!!

you'll like the stop tech lines. Might as well change all the fluid while you’re at it.
I recommend Castro srf. Awesome stuff. Lil’ pricey though if you’re gonna bleed brakes all the time for track days.
Old 01-11-19, 10:51 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Man those yellow calipers looks right on your car!! purty!!

you'll like the stop tech lines. Might as well change all the fluid while you’re at it.
I recommend Castro srf. Awesome stuff. Lil’ pricey though if you’re gonna bleed brakes all the time for track days.
Thank you Ming! Yeah, bleeding the brakes is definitely on the to do list. so thank you for the rec. I'm excited to see what the lines will do - I've heard nothing but good things.

Our Norcal F chat has talks of a track day in April/May at Thunderhill so hopefully we can make that happen. I'll probably buy some R888R for the OEM wheels and possibly pick up the TOMS suspension bracing if it's in the budget. Excited to see what this thing is capable of on bags!
Old 01-19-19, 09:57 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Some photos from a ClubLexus OG I haven't met up with in a long time: Kevin Chow

Unfortunately, someone decided it'd be funny to kick my bumper when I was inside a boba shop. You can see a few of the scuffs on the passenger side of the front bumper in these pics too. I had no idea but when I found it this morning, I was super pissed. Luckily the area where the paint is cracked isn't too noticeable and the scuffs marks were able to be rubbed off with some compound (thank god for clear bra). I'll have the bumper fixed when I send in my aero for paint.

Tomorrow will be install for stainless steel lines - rain or shine. New wheels will be coming in March also. I decided to go with P4S for those wheels and finally decided on Firehawk Indy 500 for my OEM wheels as a track set. TOMS suspension bracing and heat shield are next on the list.

For those of you in Norcal and are interested in a track day, please send me a PM. A few of us + friends are looking to book a private day at Thunderhill Raceway! With enough people the pricing should be the same as a regular track day without having to share

Old 01-20-19, 08:59 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Steven
firehawk ??? Nooooo. Pretty sure you won’t like em.
The P4S would prob be better as a track tire than those.

A great tire, slightly cheaper than R888R, would be Yokohama AD08R.
May not come in 30 series depending on what you’re running up front.
I liked 275/30/19 but like nobody makes that in R compound anymore.
Everything is 275/35 which is what I’m running on track but it is bigger so it scrubs slightly depending on ride height.

Bummer about your bumper. People suck...

Old 01-20-19, 10:18 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Steven
firehawk ??? Nooooo. Pretty sure you won’t like em.
The P4S would prob be better as a track tire than those.

A great tire, slightly cheaper than R888R, would be Yokohama AD08R.
May not come in 30 series depending on what you’re running up front.
I liked 275/30/19 but like nobody makes that in R compound anymore.
Everything is 275/35 which is what I’m running on track but it is bigger so it scrubs slightly depending on ride height.

Bummer about your bumper. People suck...
Really? I heard pretty good things about them from a few of my buddies. I only plan on tracking 2-3 times a year so they'll seldom be on the car. I'll shoot you a text tomorrow to have a discussion about your experience with tires/driving at the track!

Yeah, it sucks but nothing I can do about it but move on! My mom's car window was just broken into and they popped her trunk and took all her stuff when she was at the gym earlier too. Within 20 minutes, they had already tried to spend $1300 between Target/Safeway. Luckily Chase caught it and declined all of them.

By the way Ming, you were right about the AOS. It was a bit of a hassle to remove it so I decided to just take a dremel to it LOL. It's weird because on my friend Barry's car, he has a lot more room for his hand so he's able to do it hassle free. Brake lines were done also but I think a bit of air got into the lines so I'm going to do a full flush this weekend with Motul RBF 600.

Last edited by Lammyyy; 01-21-19 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-07-19, 11:22 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Some goodies that I received! They will be installed this weekend

Quick update on my wheels also - they will be coming in end of the month (much earlier than expected) so keep an eye out for those.
  • DCTMS Steering wheel w/ top/bottom CF, perforated leather, flat bottom, red stitching and red center line
  • RR Racing Heat Shield

JBooGieRCF (02-07-19)
Old 02-11-19, 08:25 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Finally got my wheel from DCTMS and I'm in love. Very high quality and looks incredible. I'll do an overlay for the center console eventually but for the time being, I'm focusing on track prep for Thunderhill in May. I also installed the RR-Racing Heatshield and I gotta say, it's not that great of a piece quality wise. I'll probably adjust it this weekend and see if I can get it to sit better w/ pictures.

Wheels are less than two weeks away so get ready for a big change

Last edited by Lammyyy; 02-11-19 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-12-19, 01:13 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 527 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Lammyyy
Finally got my wheel from DCTMS and I'm in love. Very high quality and looks incredible.

That is a work of art! The top center marker is a nice touch.
Lammyyy (02-12-19)
Old 02-13-19, 09:08 AM
Rahim523
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Lammyyy
Finally got my wheel from DCTMS and I'm in love. Very high quality and looks incredible. I'll do an overlay for the center console eventually but for the time being, I'm focusing on track prep for Thunderhill in May. I also installed the RR-Racing Heatshield and I gotta say, it's not that great of a piece quality wise. I'll probably adjust it this weekend and see if I can get it to sit better w/ pictures.

Wheels are less than two weeks away so get ready for a big change

Can you provide a link or more info on how you got that steering wheel?? Its amazing!
Old 02-13-19, 10:03 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rahim523
Can you provide a link or more info on how you got that steering wheel?? Its amazing!
Thanks Rahim

The steering wheel is from DCTMS in the Bay Area. It was a great price compared to other options along with it being very high quality and beautifully made. My friends have even commented on it's quality. If you're on Instagram, message Ivan and let him know Steven sent you - his IG is @DCTMS, if not, please PM me and I will send you his number! Tons of options available also like different color CF, alcantara vs perforated leather, multi stitching colors and so on.

Last edited by Lammyyy; 03-13-19 at 11:13 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lammy's NGP Track Build