Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

The Triple Oh Geez Build 😱😱😱

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-18, 11:03 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Thought I was the only one having that problem. Haha Thanks bro, appreciate it!
Its those flickr embedded links. Each photo links to the gallery and slows everything down.
Old 07-23-18, 02:43 PM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

pretty crazy, how did you do this type of work? Did you 3d print some of this or plastic injection mold? Crazy amount of work here.
Old 07-23-18, 07:01 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by zazzn
pretty crazy, how did you do this type of work? Did you 3d print some of this or plastic injection mold? Crazy amount of work here.
The work was done by Organized Garage Status, they’re a vendor for Club Lexus. Truly a lot of work.
Old 07-26-18, 06:20 AM
BrokeEF
Pit Crew

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Amazing, but I would expect nothing less! I really need to get my lights out to you

Sean
Old 07-27-18, 09:25 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Man this car is incredibly unique! Nice to see something done differently than the typical build you see.
Old 08-01-18, 01:05 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BrokeEF
Amazing, but I would expect nothing less! I really need to get my lights out to you

Sean
To Organized Garage Status you mean. LOL

Can't talk business on my private account.

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Man this car is incredibly unique! Nice to see something done differently than the typical build you see.
Thank you Dmitry! Man, I recently realized that my obsession with lights is nothing sort of new. I have always been obsessed with modifying headlights even before migrating to the US. I even took up a little bit of Electronics Engineering for college because I wanted to learn about lighting stuff.
The following users liked this post:
97-SC300 (08-02-18)
Old 08-01-18, 01:13 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

People don’t even begin to understand what’s involved in making these tail lights. The 97-00 lenses are just that, the lenses. The casings are from a 92-94 due to the LED boards not fitting.

Most designers work with the space available to them, but if you’ve seen our headlights, then you should know by now that we literally break down boundaries.

Inspired by the new Lexus tail lights with the incorporated “L” insignia, the brake and turn signal lights both represent that style without being too intrusive with the design era of the SC. Calls for attention, without being tacky.

All features are also controlled directly through my phone via a bluetooth app. Includes a complete show or chasing lights mode, with countless features for each indication lights. And an ultimate show stopping features of RGB or color changing mode.

Topped off with a two-way mirror acrylic for a stealthy appearance. Spotty LED look is also a thing of the past with an acrylic light diffuser behind the two-way mirror to keep the light output fluid and evenly distributed to be more appeasing to the eyes.

Carbon fiber trim is also added to outline the shape of the indication lights with a sporty feel.

All our builds are show quality but with a daily driver mindset, so you know it will last, just like Lexus/Toyota.

We also added a tint film on the lenses to counter the natural pink hue of the stock lenses and for a more stealthy appearance. The film is light tint and does not diminishing the light output of the LEDs.

Oh, and did I mention, its completely plug~n~play. Even the additional wiring is a no brainer plug~n~play wiring harness.

Last edited by OG Dada; 10-01-18 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-02-18, 06:41 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Those tail lights are insane. You're right, I can't even wrap my mind around how something like that is made.

How do you set yourself apart when building a car today, when everything you can think of has probably been done 10 times already before you? Design and make your own parts from scratch!!! I love it!

OG Status is an amazing company with workmanship that's second to none, attention to detail like none other, and incredible customer service that's impossible to find these days!
Old 09-28-18, 10:29 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Some shots I never got around posting from Toyota Fest. My goal was to get as much exposure as possible this year with my build, and since I just started bringing this car back to life after 3 years of hiatus, there was so much things to do detail and maintenance wise. A lot of folks I got to talk to were a big fan of the build, and of course you can't satisfy them all, and there were also a lot who weren't. Couldn't really care less, as I'm just getting started.

I didn't really know who the photographer was at first, and my good friends just brought the photos to my attention, but the photos just blew me away.

And that was enough to convince me to shoot with this kid again. 17 y/o, no proper education in photography nor editing, dude was struggling so it was just in my nature to break bread with a very talented and determined young man. Although it didn't happen soon after as planned due to some technical difficulties with the SC. I planned on going the JCCS show as well, but it was just a mishap after mishap a few months before the show. Tried my best to get it back on the road before the show but it just fought me to the end and first time to drive it the day of the show.

Last edited by OG Dada; 10-01-18 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-28-18, 11:17 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Long story long. My steering rack seals completely went out a couple months before JCCS, and the fluid just basically goes through it and had dried up a couple of times. Which is nothing new to me as my previous SC also had the same issue, and have fixed countless other SC's in the past, so I ordered a refurbished rack with my lifetime warranty from AutoZone. Waited a week to get it, and got it installed, but soon as we started the SC, we realized the power steering pump was also toast. So ordered a refurbished one as well, waited another week to get it, and installed it and everything was good. I was stepping on the brake pedal as a force of habit while bleeding the steering fluid and it felt extremely squishy before I realized my brake line had ruptured. Previous owner installed the braided stainless steel lines kinked when I got it, and has always listed it to be replaced, I guess when we disconnected it from the steering rack, the entire hub turned all the way, that was it for the brake line. I also hated my brake pads for being extra extra dusty and has extremely stained my wheels so I decided, I would just rebuild everything brake related and get the Supra MKIV TT brake calipers refinished since it still had the Supra logos on it. I kept on going back and forth on what to do with the brake calipers between getting it powder coated or polished. A lot of people told me that the calipers stripped off paint is extremely rough from casting and would require a little bit of polishing for a smooth powder coat finish, and I thought to myself, if they're gonna polish it a little, why not just continue the tradition and keep everything mirror polished like my old LS brake calipers. Dropped it off to the polishing shop, and realized that the front half of the front brake calipers were actually steel and not aluminum and would require clear coating to prevent rusting. My mind was already made up so I went through with it and got it clear coated after polishing, which took roughly 3 weeks. I only had the front halves polished and got the rear halves painted with G2 caliper paint. I replaced the brake pads with EBC yellows as it had the best reviews by far as far as Supra MKIV TT brakes to be not as dusty as every other brand but still packs a kick, and matched it with curved slotted rotors. Also replaced the brake lines with Goodridge, and was quite satisfied with it as the new SS brake lines are actually different now as it has a plastic coating on top of the SS now. Meanwhile, while cleaning up all the steering fluid leak underneath the SC, I discovered that one of lower control arm ball joints had a torn boot for god knows how long and was completely dried of grease. Having experienced the ball joint popping out while driving on my previous SC, I have always planned on just completely replacing it with brand new arms if I ever needed to replace it. I actually enjoy driving my SC in the mountains every now and then, and really wanted a more crisp steering feel, so I decided to go with the Supra MKIV lower control arms which happen to be 1/3rd the price of the SC's too. Only difference was solid rubber bushings, everything else is the exactly the same. I must say, at first it was definitely much stiffer and can feel everything on the road for the first 200 miles compared to the 20 y/o half bushings of the SC's, but after breaking the rubber in, it feels wayyy more better now and have completely gotten rid of steering wheel shake. I was also able to polish my wheels during this entire ordeal back to life. I was so ready to have them rebuilt and refinished as none of the products I bought worked. I had one last old school technique in detailing left up my sleeve, and that was mixing heavy metal polish with gasoline. The technique was actually to mix it with kerosene but can't really buy it any where in Cali. But alas, it worked like a charm with little to no pressure at all. It was just wiping it back and forth, back and forth until the product has dissipated on every section. It polished completely back to raw alloy, like nothing even happened.

Now that that's out of the way, I was still able to hook up with Nick, Long and Ren for a quick photoshoot after JCCS!

Last edited by OG Dada; 10-01-18 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-28-18, 11:25 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

A week later I was finally able to get down with @bridgecityphotos for a proper photoshoot in his own terms and artistic freedom. And again, this kid wowed me.

And yes, I raised it about an inch all around to enjoy driving it more in the city. And yes, I'm truly getting old. LOL

Last edited by OG Dada; 10-01-18 at 08:54 AM.
97-SC300 (09-28-18)
Old 09-28-18, 07:50 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Sick pics man. Car is looking very beautiful as always! Clean work!
Old 09-30-18, 09:01 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Nice pictures and updates!

I drove past that train station every day for 3 years, and I've never seen it with the lights on, but I always see pictures of it on the internet. lol
Old 09-30-18, 11:27 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Sick pics man. Car is looking very beautiful as always! Clean work!
Thanks Dmitry! Need to see more of your build bro!

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Nice pictures and updates!

I drove past that train station every day for 3 years, and I've never seen it with the lights on, but I always see pictures of it on the internet. lol
Never been here before these pics, but I did see it from a mile away. Security kicked us out, they did let us finish our set tho, that's why we moved to the Anaheim Angels stadium down the street.
Old 09-30-18, 11:48 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

New shoot! This'll be for a while! Haha! Just burnt through my budget for shoots!

97-SC300 (09-30-18)

Quick Reply: The Triple Oh Geez Build 😱😱😱