tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Subscribed.. Nice build here
Old 07-25-18, 05:02 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

props for getting down to the nitty gritty.
Old 07-27-18, 08:00 PM
gsboosted1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job I am converting a 2001gs very helpful.
Old 10-21-18, 05:49 PM
Spoolx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AlphaJZS
So you're probably asking why I haven't done the timing and all the essentials, the motor had a sticker on it stating it was done. The t-belt looked new-ish but I still don't trust it so I thought I would at the very least get the motor running in the vehicle before moving forward with maintenance/improvements. My main goal is to have a smoothly running stock vehicle to start from the absolute beginning like I just purchased an Aristo. All builds I have read and seen say to do all the maintenance out of the vehicle because its easier....yes it is....but I still don't care I want this motor running in the vehicle before I dump any more funds into it.

Back on topic, after reading articles, forums, watching videos, I figured out what a lot of you probably knew long ago that there was an ECU plug change late 01, 02+. It wasn't direct 'plug n play.' I called a few 'wiring experts' you guys probably know who they are but they wanted major cash for their harnesses just to make it a plug in affair with no standalone at that. I was quoted at the highest price of over 3k for a 'top of the line' harness. With multiple diagrams online I was contemplating doing it myself since I consider myself fairly good at figuring things out with guidance. I sent a PM to member Letsride and we spoke over the phone. He essentially encouraged me to just do it myself and just trace every individual wire.

I had all the wires from my USDM, all the wires from the JDM, why not just de-pin the entire F59 and F60 plug wire by wire, label them, take notice of the color codes, then look at the USDM E5 and E6 plug and all of their respective roles, then de-pin each wire from the E5/6 and put it in the correct locations on F59/F60. It took a little time but I got it all sorted out.

I have the non-immobilized GTE ecu, and I was afraid because of the plug and wire change 02+ that the GTE harness was plugging in everywhere except the F59/60 and yeah things plugged in, but were they in the correct order on the USDM body side? Also the GE harness had 4 body plugs but the GTE harness only had 3. What goes in that third from front female body connector? Letsride advised me that it was all the VSC/trac stuff but I still don't know for sure lol. Anyway, I merely only de-pinned/re-pinned E5/6 and F59/60 and I left the E5/E6 dangling after I connected F59/60 to the ecu.

hi,
when you swapped the wires, what wiring diagram did you use?

i have this one
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...cu-pinout.html

but it doesn’t give the total plug layout, also when you say f59/f60 what does that reference?
one more thing, what tool did you use to de-pin the harness, and did the wires plug right back into the new plugs or did you have to terminate them?
Old 11-01-18, 04:24 PM
elimac
Driver School Candidate

I believe this is the diagram he was using.

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...ngine%20Wiring
Old 08-02-19, 11:40 AM
miguelc39
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlphaJZS
So you're probably asking why I haven't done the timing and all the essentials, the motor had a sticker on it stating it was done. The t-belt looked new-ish but I still don't trust it so I thought I would at the very least get the motor running in the vehicle before moving forward with maintenance/improvements. My main goal is to have a smoothly running stock vehicle to start from the absolute beginning like I just purchased an Aristo. All builds I have read and seen say to do all the maintenance out of the vehicle because its easier....yes it is....but I still don't care I want this motor running in the vehicle before I dump any more funds into it.

Back on topic, after reading articles, forums, watching videos, I figured out what a lot of you probably knew long ago that there was an ECU plug change late 01, 02+. It wasn't direct 'plug n play.' I called a few 'wiring experts' you guys probably know who they are but they wanted major cash for their harnesses just to make it a plug in affair with no standalone at that. I was quoted at the highest price of over 3k for a 'top of the line' harness. With multiple diagrams online I was contemplating doing it myself since I consider myself fairly good at figuring things out with guidance. I sent a PM to member Letsride and we spoke over the phone. He essentially encouraged me to just do it myself and just trace every individual wire.

I had all the wires from my USDM, all the wires from the JDM, why not just de-pin the entire F59 and F60 plug wire by wire, label them, take notice of the color codes, then look at the USDM E5 and E6 plug and all of their respective roles, then de-pin each wire from the E5/6 and put it in the correct locations on F59/F60. It took a little time but I got it all sorted out.

I have the non-immobilized GTE ecu, and I was afraid because of the plug and wire change 02+ that the GTE harness was plugging in everywhere except the F59/60 and yeah things plugged in, but were they in the correct order on the USDM body side? Also the GE harness had 4 body plugs but the GTE harness only had 3. What goes in that third from front female body connector? Letsride advised me that it was all the VSC/trac stuff but I still don't know for sure lol. Anyway, I merely only de-pinned/re-pinned E5/6 and F59/60 and I left the E5/E6 dangling after I connected F59/60 to the ecu.

Do you happen to have the values of the wires on the body harness? I’m currently on that part of my swap and I already go my 2jz values but I cannot find the body harness values. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.
Old 02-29-20, 06:35 PM
Arussto
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Update

Update??
need the more 😁
Old 03-30-20, 07:56 PM
rayjaygs97
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by miguelc39
Do you happen to have the values of the wires on the body harness? I’m currently on that part of my swap and I already go my 2jz values but I cannot find the body harness values. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.
I second. I only found the project gs pinout. Does anyone have a pictures of both diagrams with each pins value?