Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

SlowSedan’s 2000 Aristo V300 Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-20, 10:03 AM
SlowSedan
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Will_GS400
Hope you got some beefy tires to go with that setup!
Haha yeah there are some meaty tires going on. Running some 285/40R18 Nitto NT05R in the rear. Not going to be really any stretch in the rear.

Old 03-28-20, 10:57 AM
SlowSedan
Driver

Was having some small issues with voltage drop with the 51RA battery I was using so we ended up replacing it with an XS Power D5100R AGM battery. Had the battery top wrapped gloss black to match the engine theme. Should have been pretty straight forward but of course the 51RA sizes were different. Required a little bit of trimming to make it work. Will need to finish reworking the hold down. For now the battery is in there so tight it isn't going anywhere.

Next up was cleaning up all the wiring of the stock stereo tie in we did and finish installing the Kenwood double din and rewiring the stereo to work without the stock head unit.

With the Kenwood having Apple CarPlay I wanted to take advantage of setting up the USB connections for the deck inside the center console. I also wanted to use one for connecting the AEM Infinity to the laptop so I didn't just always have a random USB cord curled up inside the glovebox. To make the connection to the Infinity I had to get a little creative and have two male USB ends dock. Cleaned up nicely and is working great.

With the wiring cleaned up and the stereo working as it should, it was time to build a trunk floor. The goal was to have a removable trunk floor that would allow for normal use. The original design is to have the side sections easily removable for quick access. The center section is removable fairly easy to accommodate the access to the fuel system and water/meth tank. After completing the build I think I am going to router in a quick access hatch for the center section. I also ordered a proper Aristo trunk carpet which won't have perfect fitment with the raised floor but will be a nice tie in to keep it somewhat OEM looking.

Last edited by SlowSedan; 05-20-20 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Added photogs
The following 2 users liked this post by SlowSedan:
firelizard (04-02-20), Will_GS400 (04-03-20)
Old 04-02-20, 01:17 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Prior to the end of the car season last year I attended the Toyota cruise. Lots of great local cars. Even had some photographers capturing some pictures for the participants. Here's a few that were sent to me of the Aristo.

Was a great way to end the season before the ‘event’ lol

Last edited by SlowSedan; 04-02-20 at 01:23 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by SlowSedan:
ELLeon (04-30-20), firelizard (04-02-20), steamboat1 (05-17-20), Will_GS400 (04-03-20)
Old 05-20-20, 08:35 AM
SlowSedan
Driver

So had some unfortunate luck with my turbo oil feed line again. Fitting started leaking again for the second time, so ordered a flat deck to come pick up the car to drop off at the shop. Pushed it out of my shop and didn't air up the car. Smashed the bumper into the ground and cracked it in the middle... So the shop replaced the line and I picked the car up and drove home. Had an appointment with the Toyota dealership the next day for repairing my rear passenger door handle, what are the odds that the child lock went on and the handle actuator breaks again? Start the car up to drive to the dealership and hear the dreaded sound you never want to hear... Ting, ting, t-ting coming from the turbo. 45 minutes of driving after the oil feed replacement and the hose fused itself and cut off oil to the CHRA. Toasted the bearings just like that, no oil, no cooling, good bye turbo. It happens in 3's as they say. The hose was the wrong temperature rating, all the heat wrap didn't help at all.

Luckily the hose shop owned up to the error on their behalf and committed to the repair/replacement of my turbo. Pulled the turbo off and off to Boost Lab in Tampa, Florida it went for inspection/repair. Once there luck would have it that Precision Turbo is no longer supporting the 7175 in the frame size I have, they now run the 7675 only. So Boost Lab could not repair the turbo as they had no replacement parts from Precision for it. With the repair option gone, it was replacement time. I didn't want a more laggy setup than I already had so the 7675 was not an option for replacement. Started researching for similar sized frame turbos so that we wouldn't have to rework all the piping on the hot side and cold side. Ended up settling on a Garrett GTX4294R as it is a similar sized turbo and frame (7075 in Precision World) so we were able to order a super core and reuse the Turbine Housing from the 7175. This allowed us to use the existing downpipe, turbo intake and intercooler piping.

Pulled the bumper off and stripped the wrap so I could get the front bumper repaired and wrapped again while waiting for the turbo to arrive and be installed, a pricey lapse of judgement.

Like it never happened.

Also reworked the trunk floor to have an easier access panel for filling the water/meth tank.

Last edited by SlowSedan; 05-20-20 at 08:38 AM.
Old 05-21-20, 11:42 AM
KyleH
Advanced

Received 137 Likes on 105 Posts

Bummer on the bad luck. However, inspiring work shown in those pictures! Well done Aristo! I like the hidee-hole in the trunk. Very stealth and clean.
Old 05-21-20, 01:09 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Originally Posted by KyleH
Bummer on the bad luck. However, inspiring work shown in those pictures! Well done Aristo! I like the hidee-hole in the trunk. Very stealth and clean.
Yeah it happens. Luckily it was at the end of the season so had all winter to get the new turbo and everything sorted. The old turbo is now just wall art in the shop.

Old 11-09-20, 01:16 PM
GS400DADDY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation RE: Questions on same swap

Hey there,

I am in Whitby Ontario and I'm looking to chat with you about your car, I have the exact same car and am doing the same swap and would love to ask you some questions before diving in! if you could text me at 705-991-1738 or dm me on instagram or Facebook I would appreciate it my name instagram is: hayden_iles13

Thank you,
Hayden Iles
Whitby Toyota
705-991-1738
Old 12-01-20, 11:22 AM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Taking notes on this build. Very nice setup from the Hypertune parts to Nuke. Sweet. Subbed