Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

SlowSedan’s 2000 Aristo V300 Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-19, 09:55 AM
SlowSedan
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Alphaman19
Turbo, manual tranny, 1k horsepower yes yea.
What I wanna know is... where’d you get the bumper mounding and what did it cost ya? - lol

Gotta new paint job but my mouldings are ashy/beat up.
Hahaha great post. I picked up my mouldings from rock auto. They had a few in stock when I bought mine.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+/+molding,837
Old 05-02-19, 01:59 PM
Alphaman19
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowSedan
Hahaha great post. I picked up my mouldings from rock auto. They had a few in stock when I bought mine.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+/+molding,837
Dang. They’re out of stock.
Old 05-03-19, 03:05 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Still waiting on the axle to be sent back from Drive Shaft Shop after they trimmed it. So started tearing apart my wheels and playing with fitment. I want to switch it to a more tuck/flush look. Going to have to sacrifice the bigger lip look to achieve it.

The car is almost buttoned up wrap wise. Just have to get a couple spots fixed, hopefully they’ll be able to buff out some of the defects. The front doors don’t have the moulding installed yet and I’m leaving the chrome off of the bumpers until the wrap is fully fixed.

The white is bright in the sun.

Playing with a new tool I picked up called the Wheel Fit Gryper. Allows you to mount the tire to your vehicle and adjust the backspacing to gain a real measurement along with a visual of where the tire will sit in the wheel well. You can set the diameter and width of the rim you’re going to use then adjust from there.

Heat shield is installed on the hood as well. Mirror finish on the stainless. There’s some insulation mat underneath the plate as well.

The following 3 users liked this post by SlowSedan:
Arussto (05-03-19), firelizard (05-04-19), Will_GS400 (05-04-19)
Old 05-03-19, 04:35 PM
Arussto
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Keep it coming

Still waiting on the axle to be sent back from Drive Shaft Shop after they trimmed it. So started tearing apart my wheels and playing with fitment. I want to switch it to a more tuck/flush look. Going to have to sacrifice the bigger lip look to achieve it.

The car is almost buttoned up wrap wise. Just have to get a couple spots fixed, hopefully they’ll be able to buff out some of the defects. The front doors don’t have the moulding installed yet and I’m leaving the chrome off of the bumpers until the wrap is fully fixed.

The white is bright in the sun.

Playing with a new tool I picked up called the Wheel Fit Gryper. Allows you to mount the tire to your vehicle and adjust the backspacing to gain a real measurement along with a visual of where the tire will sit in the wheel well. You can set the diameter and width of the rim you’re going to use then adjust from there.

Heat shield is installed on the hood as well. Mirror finish on the stainless. There’s some insulation mat underneath the plate as well.

Thanks for sharing a well documented adventure. I love my V3 and would hope to get faster and faster as it gets older andolder. Single borg for now .evc 5. Lots of stuff to install. Fcd toms exhaust etc. Will not go manual unless i get s second Aristo. But love your sharing a great adventure.
Summers ah coming so enjoy it and take good care of it. Wish i could experience it. ..tire slip in 5th...ay😁 My kinda machine

Last edited by Arussto; 05-03-19 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 06-04-19, 04:27 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Car is now on the road for the year! Have the car what I hope will be mechanically complete for a while now.

Shortened axle arrived and is now installed completing the rear end. Went out and street tuned with Shawn, we lost an O2 sensor, so ended up replacing that and then my brother showed up in his boosted IS300 and went for a ride along on the second street tune session. The clutch change is barely noticeable which is great, same pedal feel and not chattery at all. No leg work outs on this car plus being to hold an additional 200lb/fts of torque.

Mirror Image cleaned up all the wrap details for me and that allowed the final door moulding to be installed along with a new rear driverside door seal. Then to top it all off I installed the final chrome bumper moulding.

Sitting pretty.

With the Equips not going to be done in the next little while, I ordered some tires for the 19's so I could enjoy the first couple 1/8th mile events up at Thunder Mountain Raceway.
Just ended up ordering some Nitto NT-05's 225/40r19 front and 275/35r19 rear in the meantime to try and get some traction on the 27psi tune. We will see how I do, first import race is June 16th, mostly going to see what I can trap. I say this now but not looking to launch the car too hard.

NT05’s are a bit meatier but I like the look

Last edited by SlowSedan; 06-04-19 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Added photogs
The following 2 users liked this post by SlowSedan:
Arussto (06-05-19), firelizard (06-06-19)
Old 06-06-19, 12:15 AM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Sitting pretty.

Thats real nice. I'd like to see a lower offset wheel to bring the wheels out so it doesn't look so sunken in to the fender but I like the way it sits. That wrap job is nice, huge difference between that and the white in the engine bay lol
Old 06-06-19, 03:34 AM
sbagdon
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Congrats... I never thought I'd like a black interior on the GS, yet... good job. Looks great. : )
Old 06-06-19, 07:03 AM
SlowSedan
Driver

Originally Posted by Will_GS400
Thats real nice. I'd like to see a lower offset wheel to bring the wheels out so it doesn't look so sunken in to the fender but I like the way it sits. That wrap job is nice, huge difference between that and the white in the engine bay lol
Haha yeah the one thing I thought I didn't have time for at the beginning of the build that I should have done is spray that bay lol. If I ever pull the engine I'll probably shave and spray a gloss white in there. As they say are any builds ever actually finished?

Fitment wise the Equips will be more flush for sure when they are rebuilt. I just don't want any rubbing and the rear fenders aren't rolled super aggressively. But I should toss some spacers on the front right now lol you are right they are sunk in quite a bit. Have to take some quick measurements and sort that out lol.
Old 06-06-19, 10:03 AM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

Haha yeah the one thing I thought I didn't have time for at the beginning of the build that I should have done is spray that bay lol. If I ever pull the engine I'll probably shave and spray a gloss white in there. As they say are any builds ever actually finished?

Fitment wise the Equips will be more flush for sure when they are rebuilt. I just don't want any rubbing and the rear fenders aren't rolled super aggressively. But I should toss some spacers on the front right now lol you are right they are sunk in quite a bit. Have to take some quick measurements and sort that out lol.
I'll have a set of 25mm and 27mm Ichiba V2 spacers available when I get my car back. Might be too much tho, I was shaved on both front and rear fenders on my 19x8/10 +45 wheels to not rub and I wasn't as low as you either.
Old 06-06-19, 10:30 AM
SlowSedan
Driver

Originally Posted by Will_GS400
I'll have a set of 25mm and 27mm Ichiba V2 spacers available when I get my car back. Might be too much tho, I was shaved on both front and rear fenders on my 19x8/10 +45 wheels to not rub and I wasn't as low as you either.
Have to take some measurements to find out where the wheels/tires sit while aired out like in the photog. Pretty sure I need a 17mm for the Equips to clear the LS400 brakes so may just order a set now and use them to push the Exchanges out a little.
Old 06-16-19, 11:56 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Between moving and unpacking into my new place I put some time into the Aristo and took a day to get some driving in. Finally got around to sewing up and installing a couple heat blankets around my master cylinders. Cut the pattern out of a flat sheet and then got my Ma to surge the edges with Kevlar thread. Used some wire to sew the new pieces into place.

Installed those just in time for the first ever import class race up at the local 1/8th mile track. Figured I’d support the cause and go have a days worth of learning the car in a safe and legal environment. Haven’t done many launches in the car so it was a good learning experience and a hell of a lot of fun. With it being Father’s Day the turnout wasn’t the greatest but I had fun nonetheless. Here’s some photogs from the day’s event. My personal best for the day with a spin it to win it attitude was a 8.405 @ 92.78mph with a 2.161 60ft

Always a good opportunity to gather some data on the car. Logged a few runs. 2nd gear was hooking hard and sloshing oil around so had to add a little oil to the engine right up to the full line. Had no issues afterward.

After the import races were done, did some time only passes and went up against some quick muscle cars.

Obligatory photog demand by the lady haha ‘Put your helmet on it’ll be cute’. End result, goofy photog.

Not a bad day to hangout at the track with some friends and the lady. My dad had to work otherwise the parents would have been out at the track as well. Weather was nice and held up for us all day.

IM1U (Import, Car 1, Unlimited) My best run from the day. Learning to launch the car has been the biggest challenge so far. My 60ft isn’t the greatest so room for improvement.

Racing a Datsun 200sx all day that has an old school stroked 2.3L with a big 125 shot of nitrous. He was super consistent all day running 8.0xx until he ran out of nitrous. Street tires vs slicks makes a big difference, larger than I expected.

Last edited by SlowSedan; 06-17-19 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-17-19, 04:29 PM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

"F** yeah" lol

And man that thing goes once it hooks up. Some in car video would be awesome to see.
Old 07-19-19, 10:14 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Started getting everything ready for rebuilding the Equip 05's to new specs and for installing them.

Picked up a set of Ichiba V2 Wheel Spacers 20mm to help the Equips clear the LS400 brakes.

Also ordered new lips and barrels for the wheels finally from Sensei6. Should hopefully have some time in the next month to finish disassembling the last two wheels and prep them for assembly.

Keeping the fronts 9.5" wide and changing the rears to 11" wide.

Once they arrive I will prep and paint the barrels black. Then have to decide on whether I'm going to powercoat the lips gloss black again. Been enjoying the chrome lips on the 19's they suit the car but love the gloss/matte black combo as well. Have some time to mull it over so hopefully have the wheels all finished and on the car shortly.
Old 03-26-20, 03:22 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

It's been a minute since I've updated progress since the end of last year's car season. Have done a few small projects along with a small tear down after another turbo oil feed line issue (More on that later). For now a little update on the wheels.

Received all of the barrels and lips to rebuild the Equips. Started out by painting the inner barrels black didn't require too much prep work or cleaning to get them all setup.

Had a little date night with the lady prepping and assembling the wheels haha

All assembled, prepped up and ready to seal with RTV. So satisfying peeling the tape afterwards haha.

Some test fitting of the wheels after letting them set for a few days. This is with the 20mm bolt on spacers on the front to clear the front brakes, I may add a small spacer to the rear for fitment.

Will see and make final adjustments to the suspension after I mount the rubber here soon and then I can dial in the final requirements for a rear spacer.

Last edited by SlowSedan; 03-26-20 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Added photogs
The following users liked this post:
Will_GS400 (03-27-20)
Old 03-27-20, 11:04 AM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

Hope you got some beefy tires to go with that setup!

Quick Reply: SlowSedan’s 2000 Aristo V300 Build