SlowSedan
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
damn those are great numbers...
Originally Posted by Will_GS400
DAAAMN

Your car went beast mode on the last run
Thanks guys. The cars performing great. Exceeded expectations with that clutch setup. Just an ACT perf street setup in the transmission right now. Awesome seeing it hold the power on a single disc.

Still a few things to button up on the build. But can’t wait for the finished product.
Old 10-15-18, 08:09 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

Wow. Over 1000 wheel is impressive. Awesome build man! What diff are you running in the rear? Also keep us updated on how the trans holds up long term. I keep seeing conflicting info on if the CD009 can hold power. Some people say they're bulletproof and others are saying its good as long as you don't dump the clutch and powershift.
Old 10-15-18, 02:55 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
Wow. Over 1000 wheel is impressive. Awesome build man! What diff are you running in the rear? Also keep us updated on how the trans holds up long term. I keep seeing conflicting info on if the CD009 can hold power. Some people say they're bulletproof and others are saying its good as long as you don't dump the clutch and powershift.
Thanks man, was a bit of a surprise that we were able to achieve the 4 digits. On paper the build was capable but actually achieving it is a whole other thing lol. Surprisingly this is on the stock open diff, would have swapped the Torsen for a clutch lsd to be safe if it had come with one. We are still deciding which direction we want to go rearend wise. This isn’t really built as a drag car so not going to launch hard on the stock rearend. The car walks a bit under initial boost so will have address it but will do that for next year. Yeah I’ve read all the mixed feelings on the CD009s as well. But since a brand new one is like $1900 and I can just swap all the SerialNine CD-Pro parts over it seemed like the smart option. You have 1250whp drag 350’s using them at one extreme, so I’ll keep you posted on how the CD00A performs. Other option would have been the T56. I’m running what I thought would have been a way weaker clutch (surprised it held on the dyno as much as it did) so that should go first before the transmission.
Old 10-15-18, 07:05 PM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

I'm really wanting to do a manual swap and eventually a GTE swap with a single aiming for about 700 wheel. Nothing too crazy. Under $2k for a new trans is a really good deal. I was thinking of going with the T56 magnum but as you know its like twice as expensive as a CD009. I'd love some updates about the trans as you drive the car more.
Old 10-23-18, 04:28 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Got to drive the car for this past week giving it a last shakedown before she's parked for the winter again. Here's the final race fuel dyno graph without smoothing the car hit 1032whp.

Had a funny moment where the car lost spark for some reason and stranded me on the side of the road. Luckily it happened to be during a shop lunch outing and had both mechanics in the car along with the shop owner haha. We got that sorted and the shakedown went really well. The car pulls ridiculously hard when it can hook. Rolling burnouts in 5th gear are pretty crazy. This is with the old wheels and not so great tires still on the car. Next year with the R compound drag radials it will be interesting to see how she holds. Drove her around for a few days and then had a small mishap with the turbo oil feed line.

Luckily I had been prepared for an incident like this happening on the shakedown. Best $29.99 I've spent. Was on the highway and idling down to a red light at the edge of town and smoke started pouring out of the hood and through the transmission tunnel at the shift linkage. Pulled over and saw that the bearing housing of the turbo looked like oil had been running down it. Made the choice to try and limp it to the shop, then got this weird feeling. Pulled into the next 7-11 about 300m down the road, popped the hood and the oil had flashed and was on fire. Grabbed the extinguisher and put the fire out. The culprit was a split end on the threaded on hose. Calle handled everything super well, organizing a flat deck to grab the car and get it to the shop. Picked myself and my lady up and lent us the shop car for the day while they fixed the car. Can't say enough good things about Four Function Autosport and the team there. Love dealing with the guys and Calle. Had a hose ordered and installed the next day. Switched to hydraulic crimped hose ends for the feed line to prevent the same thing from happening. In the end it was just a little cleanup of the engine bay that was required.

Took the car down to Penticton to support Shawn from the shop and his Drift Union Drift Days. Was the last drive for me in the car this year. Enjoyed the cruise home with a couple of the guys who were at the event.

Car is back at the shop now getting the last few things cleaned up and installed. Have a couple toggle switches that we can choose from to use for the AC clutch engagement so next summer I have AC. Also the electronic E-Brake we ordered showed up and that will be getting installed soon. I'll post some photogs of that install when it's completed.

Last edited by SlowSedan; 10-23-18 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-24-18, 11:32 PM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Good thing you had that fire extinguisher with you...never leave home without it now!
Old 12-18-18, 04:57 PM
AzGsTwan
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Slow sedan amazing build brotha!!! How much to have that catch can/ ps resivor to be built?
Old 12-19-18, 02:01 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Originally Posted by AzGsTwan
Slow sedan amazing build brotha!!! How much to have that catch can/ ps resivor to be built?
Thanks, getting close to finishing it. I'll take a look back on what it cost to build it and get back to you. Going to say all in it wasn't cheap with all the AN fittings we used, but it is super clean.
Old 12-30-18, 02:27 PM
AzGsTwan
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowSedan
Thanks, getting close to finishing it. I'll take a look back on what it cost to build it and get back to you. Going to say all in it wasn't cheap with all the AN fittings we used, but it is super clean.
You're welcome brotha, definitely one of my favorite builds! And congrats on the making the 1000whp club. Pm when you find the price, definitely still interested in one.
Old 01-20-19, 12:08 PM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad you had that fire extinguisher handy you definitely saved your baby. The blacked out motor looks amazing

Old 02-18-19, 08:52 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Some progress on the build. Been slower this winter as had the car at the body shop and now just getting finished up with the wrap. Then we have some work to do on the car before spring arrives.

Loaded the car car up to send to the body shop. Bumpers getting stripped back down to chase the spiderweb cracking.

Sitting at Mirror Image waiting patiently for its turn to get wrapped.

While the car has been away a few of the parts for the build have arrived. We are focusing on building the rear end and addressing some of our concerns from the first drives.

For the rear end we are sticking with the 200mm and installing an OS Giken Super Lock 1.5 way LSD and currently have some 1400hp axles being built by The Drive Shaft Shop ( including hubs). Surprisingly we got the LSD overnight as we lucked out with it being in stock at one of the shops suppliers, the last one they had.

We are going to fab a rear steer lockout bar as well. And replace all the bushings to finish up the work in the rear.

Next up we are going to drop the oil pan and install this baffle plate to help with the front sump design and prevent oil starvation under hard acceleration another lucky order as this item is no longer in production apparently.

Doing a little work in the transmission area as well. We’ve received a 6 puck to replace the single disc we had in the car, keeping the same pressure plate to try and keep the drivability close to the same. Picked up a transmission blanket as well because safety first. We will be fabbing up a proper driveshaft hoop as well.

Should be getting the car back fully wrapped this week. May have to hunt down some of the Chrome window trim as the boys said they were having trouble during the disassembly prior to wrapping.
Old 02-18-19, 09:57 PM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Good idea on the wrapping. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Planning on coming into the lower mainland over the summer? Would be cool to check it out in person.
Old 02-20-19, 08:14 PM
Arussto
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Extra plug on jdm climate for radio presetd

Yep. Those 1 thru 6 buttons on the climate control plugs to the deck that came with the climate which uses those buttons for presets! So proud to teach U something u didn't already know.. gotta go continue reading your build
Old 02-20-19, 08:49 PM
Arussto
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Air conditioning compressor

Read in a few places maybe clubaristo or similar where the AC used a negative signal to switch on and when using standalone then needs the POS from the stand alone to trigger a relay wired to send a negative to the air. Con. An aftermarket relay . This is my vague recollection of the common issue. If I come across it I will send a link but I suspect a Google search or forum search would bring it home.

Quick Reply: SlowSedan’s 2000 Aristo V300 Build