Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

SlowSedan’s 2000 Aristo V300 Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-18, 01:57 PM
philippham
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome build and great attention to detail! What front bumper and side skirts are on the car?
Old 06-27-18, 10:14 AM
SlowSedan
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by philippham
Awesome build and great attention to detail! What front bumper and side skirts are on the car?
Thanks! This is the Rando Ryu LUX kit, without the fog lights. One of the reasons I repaired this bumper is because I haven't seen too many of them.

I thought about going to a poly urethane front so I could drive around aired down a bit, but the options for them were limited, and in a pre-order stage. I needed a timeline on production and that really wasn't an option. The guys I was looking at were KBD Body Kits ( @kbdbodykits ) and 01 Spirit ( @01_spirit ) / Garage Mutiny ( @_mvtiny ) have a couple in the works. With KBD more of a stock style and the 01 Spirit/Mutiny a full drift + wide body style.

Cheers.

Last edited by SlowSedan; 06-27-18 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Grammar...
Old 06-29-18, 08:52 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Head unit arrived today 👌🏼
With the release of the newer DNX-995s, I got a smokin’ deal on last years DNX-994s.

Being that I have an iPhone the new Wireless Android Auto isn’t a feature I’d push for anyways, stuck with the cord which shouldn’t be too bad. Get home midweek so should hopefully get this installation going along with some more updates on the cars progress. 👍🏼
Old 07-09-18, 01:24 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Just gathering the last couple components for the headunit install this week. But also received a couple other parts for the build. Needed some spare keys, only have one key at the moment so picked up a couple.

Just received my TRD gauge cluster from Japan, so I’ll be installing it this week as well.
The odometer will be pretty close I believe this one reads 136,xxx km and mine was at 133,xxx km

Waiting to get some parts back from powder coating. The to-do list is getting shorter. As of right now water/meth pump needs to be mounted and plumbed/wired, fuel pumps need to be wired, turbine side wastegate needs to be reworked, downpipe and exhaust fabbed, can gauge installed, and then base tune on wastegate spring pressure.

Got my vanity plates as well.

Should have an install update on the next couple days on a few things, cluster and climate control/stereo I’m thinking.
Old 07-10-18, 05:41 PM
hbradberry
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I looked up what the TRD Guage cluster looks like when it's on and wow. I don't know how you got it over from Japan, but that's an awesome find. If I ever get the chance to get one of those I'm not passing it up! Awesome build by the way
Old 07-10-18, 09:43 PM
Luxurious
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

This is going to be one epic build. Keep it up man
Old 07-12-18, 06:51 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Originally Posted by hbradberry
I looked up what the TRD Guage cluster looks like when it's on and wow. I don't know how you got it over from Japan, but that's an awesome find. If I ever get the chance to get one of those I'm not passing it up! Awesome build by the way
Bought mine through an UP Garage via the croooober website. There is a couple gauge clusters already in Canada and the US but I paid almost half the price all said and done and the shipping via EMS took 4 days.

Used this thread as a refresh on the dash teardown

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...requested.html

Installed.

Old 07-12-18, 07:07 PM
GS34B
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes
Old 07-12-18, 07:33 PM
hbradberry
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowSedan
Bought mine through an UP Garage via the croooober website. There is a couple gauge clusters already in Canada and the US but I paid almost half the price all said and done and the shipping via EMS took 4 days.
Thanks for getting me addicted to yet another website don't know how I hadn't found this site before. Thanks!
Old 07-12-18, 07:43 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

This post will have a few photogs of the where the build stands. The engine was pulled for the last time today to do the last of the turbo manifold modifications and to run some wires. Installing the Wiring Specialties harness and such.

Trunk setup is almost finished, just need to mount and plumb the water/meth pump and wire everything. Have a distribution block and the relays for the fuel pumps all set.

A nice gloss coating really sets it off. For all you OCDers out there, here’s the other side of the bulkhead under the rear of the car.

Also here’s what the SerialNine transmission kit looks like installed along with a custom one piece driveshaft with SerialNine solid rear bushing.

Engine work update would be that the turbo is finally mounted properly with the proper length studs, which allowed for fab work to commence. Shawn killed it on the intake with this massive full 5” cold air setup. It catches air from the driver’s side vent of the bumper.

Then he got the 4” downpipe started and ready to start the exhaust fabrication, only piece we have to workout is the flex location. It was a little tight in the engine bay. The plan for the exhaust is to run 4” oval under the car which will sacrifice a little in the restriction but save the exhaust from getting wrecked with a lowered car.

Another fun fact, VVTi heads are trouble for large fuel rails. The fuel rail got installed and Shawn got creative measuring and making this banjo fitting work.

My brother and I fit up the Kenwood deck and climate control unit. I thought the 2000 model used the multi display but looking at the wiring for the back of it I have one extra plug on the climate control unit and only two connectors on the wiring harness from the Navi that connect. I powered up the car with the 2/3 plugs connected and all the functions worked, but I need to do some more research into what the third plug is for. If anyone is scanning this and can let me know I’ll circle the plug I’m talking about below.

I’ve left the deck not wired as I’m getting Ferd and the crew at Custom Car Concepts to finish the install to complete the system they’ve setup for me. They may also be doing one more thing for me as well on top of it but I’ll leave that until later.

Last edited by SlowSedan; 07-12-18 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Clarity of issue
Old 07-12-18, 07:56 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Made a last minute decision based on one of my original wants for this car.

Messaged Gerard from SerialNine and they had their trunk in stock... Made the rash decision to grab one.

Really nice fitment, have to adjust the trunk a little more to make it close a little lower. Sitting a little high. Super easy install, all the holes are easily marked and ready to drill for the stock carpet if you’d like. I drilled and put mine back in but forgot to take a picture of it after I was finished.

So now hoping to have this car running soon on a base tune at like 15psi because of my aggressive wastegate springs.
Old 07-12-18, 08:08 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Oh one last thing, can’t really see it from this angle but my flex fuel sensor and bypass are tucked in right behind the surge tank to keep it clean. Have it tied into the -10 fuel feed right after the filter. I’ll take a better photog and attach it later.

Old 07-12-18, 08:21 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

love all of the custom fabrication on this thing!
Old 07-12-18, 08:49 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Very nice work, love the way this is coming together!
Old 07-14-18, 06:58 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowSedan
Really nice fitment, have to adjust the trunk a little more to make it close a little lower. Sitting a little high.

maybe do the reverse of what we do from this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...e-big-pic.html and drill a hole a little bit further back instead of forward so it provides less pressure and sits more flush

Quick Reply: SlowSedan’s 2000 Aristo V300 Build