Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Door moldings finally in place.

Class of 1995 in the driveway. Together with my -95 Supra RZ
Old 06-27-18, 12:42 AM
Bempa
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow really nice setup of cars, especially for being here in Sweden, we are far between us Toyota/Lexus addicts. I admire your skill and dedication for finding parts for the cars.
Old 06-29-18, 11:31 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Awesome picture of the two chassis together. Keep it up!
Old 07-01-18, 09:58 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Wow really nice setup of cars, especially for being here in Sweden, we are far between us Toyota/Lexus addicts. I admire your skill and dedication for finding parts for the cars.
Hi Bempa. Thanks! Yes it´s kind of tricky to find parts for these cars here in Sweden. You can´t just go to the scrap yard to look for parts. Kind members here on CL have helped me and I´ve bought many Soarer parts from the U.K.
When I bought this car, I checked with the "Swedish transport agency" how many Sc300/400´s there were here in Sweden. 10 all in all . I haven´t checked how many Soarers we have here, but it can´t be many. 20-30?

Awesome picture of the two chassis together. Keep it up!
Thank you Sir!

Old 07-29-18, 10:10 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

The rush headers on this car makes it kind of hot in the engine bay. Today I decided to do something about it.

A) Heatshields
The stock heatshields don't fit on the rush headers so I had to split a pair to be able to use the upper parts. Hopefully it helps a bit. Fixed with wire for now, sorry

B) Increased airflow
The grille on the facelift bumper seems to go to a dead end. The plastic shield in front of the radiator stops the air completely. (. Does it look the same on a +97 car?)
I have a spare bonnet that I decided to experiment with. I´ll modify it to let air from the grille pass above the radiator to the engine bay.

1) Custom air ducts of fiber glas covered with duct tape. , Ugly, but working . Leads the airflow upwards

Old 07-29-18, 10:18 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

2) Modified stock bonnet.
Removed the insulation and cut holes to let air pass above the radiator and into the engine bay.

Next step will be to open the hood in the rear a bit to let the hot air out.

Old 12-14-18, 03:55 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

New winter boots for the old lady.
Studded 235/45-17 on MkIV rims.

Much better looking than the sunken in stock -16 rims with +50 off set. Lexus should have put these on the SCs from factory.

Old 12-14-18, 05:37 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Pretty ....

Anders , next time we go to Europe again, I will make sure I will go and visit you . Every time you post in here , I am reminded of how you pulled off that Bastard MKIV project. That is something that is worth seeing in my books . You don't settle for less with your toys. That patience and determination is something I admire in you. Importing a lot of the parts too for your cars from the US which costs tons of money just shipping them.
Old 12-14-18, 10:47 PM
Lettut
Pole Position

Thanks Gerry! I really appreciate your kind words! This hobby of ours is time consuming and a deep money pit, but I still enjoy it a lot

Would be great if you and your wife came to visit up north! It´s just a 2 hour flight from London to Stockholm. Scandinavia during summertime can be quite nice.
Old 12-15-18, 01:31 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

The SC400 is looking very nice on the MKIV rims, Anders. You've really updated its looks and the paint work came out really well

I agree that those 17" TT rims and the 16" NA rims should have both been in the SC's option packages. They really match these cars.

I'm curious-- what brand and model studded winter tires are you using? And how do you find them in terms of traction and control over snow with your SC?
Old 12-15-18, 03:13 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

The SC400 is looking very nice on the MKIV rims, Anders. You've really updated its looks and the paint work came out really well

I agree that those 17" TT rims and the 16" NA rims should have both been in the SC's option packages. They really match these cars.

I'm curious-- what brand and model studded winter tires are you using? And how do you find them in terms of traction and control over snow with your SC?

Thank you Craig! Yes I´m very glad that I put some time and money into this car, to keep it reliable and a bit better looking. This car was my first love . Bought it back in 2006,

I´m a big friend of studded winter tires. They´re superior on ice compared to an unstudded one. We spend quite a lot of time up in the north of Sweden( where I grew up.) with winter conditions 6 or 7 months a year (yes, gloomy, I know ) Not as bad down here in the Stockholm area, but I like to be on the safe side and always be prepared for bad weather.
We usually use our RX350 when we go up north. (A very good winter car with permanent 4WD and adjustable air suspension .)
The downside with studded tires is that they make a lot of noise on the highway and the braking distance under summer conditions are not as good as for a regular tire. They probably have a negative effect on the gas mileage as well.
The Finns make the best studded winter tires if you ask me. Nokia (the same company that makes the cell phones) always score high in the yearly tests. I have Noka tires on the RX and the LS, but they are quite expensive, so I went for south Korean Kumho for the SC400. Half price compared to Nokia. I´ve just put them on but they feel ok so far