Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-19, 06:49 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 723 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by YannG
I am also very interested in seeing how this is done, as I am currently also looking for a set of fog lights with the yellow capsule!
If you're looking on YAJ, make sure you search for "UCF 31 フォグランプ". Over there, they are called fog lamps so if you try to search for fog lights, you'll come up empty. Expect to pay about $130-$145 after shipping and fees. If you have an 01-03 or UCF 30, I don't believe those ones had the yellow capsule.
Old 02-12-19, 09:27 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Received 125 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Romanova
If you're looking on YAJ, make sure you search for "UCF 31 フォグランプ". Over there, they are called fog lamps so if you try to search for fog lights, you'll come up empty. Expect to pay about $130-$145 after shipping and fees. If you have an 01-03 or UCF 30, I don't believe those ones had the yellow capsule.
That's a great price I paid much more for mine!
Old 02-12-19, 09:31 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Here's a shot of mine it was worth it for me because I like the look. Not great light output but went more for the look of the yellow capsule. Can't wait to see the progress on yours!
The following users liked this post:
Romanova (02-12-19)
Old 02-12-19, 09:37 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Here's another shot of how my Celsior fog lamps came out

Old 02-12-19, 09:38 AM
Romanova
Racer

I think I'm going to have a local Houston detailer give them the works before I install them, wetsand/polish/seal. My current ones are pretty blasted and they are difficult to polish while in place. I'm also after the yellow look rather than light output. Just need to decide what to do with the secondary bulb.

Thanks for sharing the picture!
Old 02-12-19, 09:40 AM
Romanova
Racer

Those are just plain bulbs with the capsule providing the yellowish look, correct?
Your car looks amazing BTW!
Old 02-12-19, 10:16 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Those are just plain bulbs with the capsule providing the yellowish look, correct?
Thank you I need to take some new pics with my K-break grill and Celsior visors soon! No, these are Cree 5k LEDs installed into the fog lamp housing with the yellow capsule. Side marker is Amber LED. I wet sanded and polished these lenses also before I installed them since they are much harder to work with once installed.
Old 02-12-19, 10:18 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

If you put a standard halogen bulb the color is very different
Old 02-13-19, 06:46 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 154 Likes on 81 Posts

Yeah those look really good onthelo!

I had the yellow capsule/ JDM fog lamps in my GS300, they looked awesome. It was indeed for the look more than the actual light output:

I have a question regarding the JDM fogs. There is a fog light bulb and a DRL ? or a sidemarker? Any ideas if we can just tap into the DRL or the sidemarkers? Or did the JDM celsior have an extra wiring harness that is a plug and play?

Thanks
Yann
Old 02-13-19, 07:31 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by YannG
Yeah those look really good onthelo!

I had the yellow capsule/ JDM fog lamps in my GS300, they looked awesome. It was indeed for the look more than the actual light output:

I have a question regarding the JDM fogs. There is a fog light bulb and a DRL ? or a sidemarker? Any ideas if we can just tap into the DRL or the sidemarkers? Or did the JDM celsior have an extra wiring harness that is a plug and play?

Thanks
Yann
Thank you. Yeah the additional side bulb needs to be wired into something our US spec car has no wiring provision for it. You can't tap into the DRL wiring that circuit only provides around 2.4 volts its not a true 12 volt source you could either tap it into the turn signal wiring like I did mines but if you run an LED you will need a flasher module to keep them working correctly. There are other ways to wire them on for me I didn't want them on unless using the turn signal because to me it looks funny with the fog light on and the additional light on even though there is a clear cutoff between the two it looks weird. If you could get the same color in the side and make it fully light up as one color that would be cool but nearly impossible since there is no yellow capsule on the side.
Old 02-13-19, 09:09 AM
Romanova
Racer

Fogs arrived in Japan. Total shipping is 6,600¥ which is about $50 USD. This includes shipping from the seller to the 3rd party, and then expedited shipping from the 3rd party to me. Should hopefully be here by next Wednesday or Thursday.
Old 02-13-19, 10:43 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Fogs arrived in Japan. Total shipping is 6,600¥ which is about $50 USD. This includes shipping from the seller to the 3rd party, and then expedited shipping from the 3rd party to me. Should hopefully be here by next Wednesday or Thursday.
Sweet excited to see !
Old 02-16-19, 10:24 AM
Romanova
Racer

Oh, those JDM fogs I ordered... yeah, they are here. Won them on 2/11 and received them on 2/16. Unreal. It's actually funny because the tracking number still hasn't been updated that it arrived at customs, cleared customs, arrived at my post office, etc, etc. Still, I'm not complaining. If you want to get JDM goods, Buyee.jp is a great resource. Don't let the negative feedback fool you. Does it cost money? Of course it does. But they ship quick and IMO, the fees are reasonable enough.
Sick JDM box!

Well packed...

Great condition!

That yellow capsule...

Gonna' read this JDM newspaper...

Fogs are in great shape and will clean up really nice. One had a piece floating around inside that ended up being a tiny piece of a plastic tab... not a big deal. I need to identify the bulb type for the secondary bulb and then figure out what to do with it... probably make it into a turn signal. Onthelo runs a LED bulb for his fog, I'm going to fool around with a couple types until I get the desired effect. Still need to get them polished and cleaned up to as perfect as possible.

It will be a few weeks until I get them installed since the front bumper has to come off. I will document everything in case any one else wants to do this in the future. These should be a great upgrade that 99% of the people won't even recognize. I really like an OEM+ approach to my car... small things that help to enhance it without really being visible or readily apparent.
Old 02-16-19, 03:41 PM
Romanova
Racer

It seems that the outboard lights on the JDM fogs only comes on when turning at low speeds. From a good friend who lives in Japan currently;

"Driving through the residential parts of a typical Japanese suburb in the winter is going to be dark with kids and cyclists running out in front of you at blind intersections. In the states, you have plenty of space for setback and even in urban areas you cannot build right up to the edge of a curb, so the system isn't as useful or necessary. "
Old 02-18-19, 06:48 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 154 Likes on 81 Posts

Those JDM fogs look great! I really want a set, and will check out Buyee.jp.

Looking forward to the install pictures

Quick Reply: Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog