Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-19, 08:55 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 723 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by YannG
Those JDM fogs look great! I really want a set, and will check out Buyee.jp.

Looking forward to the install pictures
Sometimes it may be better to buy them individually rather than as a pair. Sometimes the pairs are in bad shape or one is good but the other has issues. Good luck and search on a daily basis.
Old 02-19-19, 11:22 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Received 125 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Romanova
It seems that the outboard lights on the JDM fogs only comes on when turning at low speeds. From a good friend who lives in Japan currently;

"Driving through the residential parts of a typical Japanese suburb in the winter is going to be dark with kids and cyclists running out in front of you at blind intersections. In the states, you have plenty of space for setback and even in urban areas you cannot build right up to the edge of a curb, so the system isn't as useful or necessary. "
Yeah that is like my Mercedes when I turn the fog light comes on for that side. Good luck with the install and wiring !
Old 02-21-19, 06:14 PM
jaxkxx
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you still have your 18" oem wheels?
Old 02-21-19, 07:55 PM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by jaxkxx
Do you still have your 18" oem wheels?
Yes, though something else is now in the works.
Old 02-22-19, 04:24 AM
jaxkxx
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Would you like to sell your 18” oem wheels?
Old 02-22-19, 06:37 AM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by jaxkxx
Would you like to sell your 18” oem wheels?
Sorry, will be keeping them for backups.
Old 02-22-19, 07:47 AM
Romanova
Racer

Ordered the dealer-optional BBS wheels last night. These wheels are forged, and are the same size as the factory wheel (18x7.5 +45). This will be perfect since I have no plans to modify my ride height. I looked for a long time to first identify these wheels and then to find them in the correct size and in usable condition. They should hopefully be here in about two weeks as they have to be shipped to the 3rd party in Japan where the tires will be removed, and then shipped via DHL to TX. One wheel will require a touch up and after that, they will be mounted up.
AFAIK, these will be the only set in the states. Toyota offered some neat options for the Celsior that we didn't get over here. Plus, Toyota and BBS seem to have a partnership as BBS wheels are offered for many Toyota models over there from the dealer.

They even have a special "BBS TOYOTA" center cap that I am now on the hunt for.

Old 02-22-19, 07:50 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Super cool upgrade again! Cant wait for the live pictures... I,m following this topic continuous.

That bumperkit, was that an option as well? Do you have some more pictures of that nice flyer?
Old 02-22-19, 07:56 AM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by NLLex
Super cool upgrade again! I,m following this topic continuous.

That bumperkit, was that an option as well? Do you have some more pictures of that nice flyer?
The OEM aero is highly desirable, but almost impossible to source in good condition. Trust me, I've been searching for awhile now hoping to find a NOS set and they just aren't out there. The used ones that are available are always cracked and trashed. I can't find the thread I started for the brochure, so here are the pics again. Plenty of options available from the dealer, though now most of them are difficult to find used. The sway bars never come up. Things like the trash box and the trunk trash box are rare even in Japan and go for well over $100.

Old 02-22-19, 09:26 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

Thanks for the update! I want those flag things in the bumper to show to all the w140 drivers that we are the big Japanese Bosses haha
There is many other cool stuff to I see. To bad its all written in Japanese.

About the kit. I could live with some damage. A bodyworker can do a perfect job with that. What do they pay for a front lip like that these days? And will that fit the rest of the car when thats all stock with no sidewings etc or will it just look naked and stupid?

This afternoon I just bought for my 430 one of the very last luxury carpet set fitting for the 460L (because they should fit quite good) and because its from the USA with tax etc it cost me a whopping 340 dollar but I had no choice because when I wait to long it will be just like in that nice brochure.....
Ill make a topic in the future about my 430 for sure to share all the things....
Old 02-22-19, 10:08 AM
Romanova
Racer

Usually you have to buy a front bumper with the lip already attatched at which point you're about $300 USD. You get the fog lights too most of the time which you could try and sell to recoup some money. Shipping would be expensive just due to the length of it.
Old 02-22-19, 12:51 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

Those wheels are pretty cool! I've never seen them before. if you come across the OEM aero kit for sale pleas let me know. I want one so bad.
Old 02-22-19, 01:51 PM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by Kira X
Those wheels are pretty cool! I've never seen them before. if you come across the OEM aero kit for sale pleas let me know. I want one so bad.
Central Pine has had them a few times but the price is always super high it seems. Revision Audio in Hawaii had them before but I think he only sells to the locals. If I ever find a set in great condition, I'm going to jump on it. It would be easier if you wanted something like the Tom's kit... there are NOS Tom's skirts on YAJ right now. To me though, the Tom's kit looks really bad as the front and rear bumpers are different.
Old 02-28-19, 10:49 AM
Romanova
Racer

Shipped this morning (USA time) from Japan and already in the USA. Scheduled to be here tomorrow. Unreal.
Old 02-28-19, 11:18 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Romanova
Central Pine has had them a few times but the price is always super high it seems. Revision Audio in Hawaii had them before but I think he only sells to the locals. If I ever find a set in great condition, I'm going to jump on it. It would be easier if you wanted something like the Tom's kit... there are NOS Tom's skirts on YAJ right now. To me though, the Tom's kit looks really bad as the front and rear bumpers are different.
I had contact with Central Pine. Called them personally about 4 times and the 5th time I got them on the phone. Asked about the Silk Blaze steering wheel and they had one for sale. After that I wanted to pay to make the purchase. No more contact. I give them 7 emails and several calls... no answer. When you are talking live to the guy its ok but when making deals I am very disappointed with this company.

Quick Reply: Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog