Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

New Lexus owner, couple questions, introduction.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-17, 11:04 PM
08treefidd
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New Lexus owner, couple questions, introduction.

What's up guys. Just bought my first Lexus, it's an 08' IS350. I somewhat settled on the color (Obsidian) but it had all the options I wanted. Mark stereo, luxury plus package, afs, even the laser sensing cruise control shenanigans. I am 29 years old and enjoying the hell out of this car while working on (quickly) making it my own.

First thing I did was detail it thoroughly. Detail interior and condition seats. I discovered the rear calipers had been neglected and the slider pins were seized. So I replaced the calipers, new slotted rotors and ceramic pads, Invidia catless mid-pipe, new plugs, Joe Z intake tube, AFE drop in filter, Grom bluetooth adapter, Rohana RC22 19's with new tires, H&R springs and alignment. Couple other small things, but I've owned it a week today.

It just hit 70k miles. Runs beautifully and I feel like the mods I've done upheld the comfort-ability while making it what my style is. To the point now, I hope I'm in the right forum or subsection for this additional question..

When I did my extensive detail and paint correction, the notorious rear spoiler adhesive issue arose. Where it lifts on the outer edges slightly. I saw a hard line of dirt and knew it had started to separate. So tonight I went out to remove the wing and through my own idiocy didn't notice/read that there were indeed 3 bolts holding it, not the TWO that I had read. So it ended up getting damaged and now I'm looking to repair/upgrade to an IF-S style rear spoiler. Does anyone have a solid disposition on which brand? I have searched endlessly tonight, I'm so pissed at myself for this but I will fix it right.

I'm looking either CF (should mesh ok with Obsidian paint and dark graphite wheels) or a paint matched version. However, I seem to have hit a wall where most have no holes for attaching the Lexus emblem or except you to tape it on. I'm looking for the most cost effective route if there is one these days? Every post my endless searches dug up had expired photobucket pics, unanswered questions, an so forth. So I'm cheating and hoping someone has solid input here in this matter.

Otherwise, love this car. It will be beyond meticulously cared for and hope to help others out as time goes. I'm very handy mechanically, but lack a bit of finesse it seems with certain regions of the car.
Old 08-18-17, 02:32 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Your emblem is mounted to the trunk , not the spoiler itself. I bought my OEM style spoiler color matched from eBay. Fitment is 100%. Paint is great as well. The manufacturer is Ikon motorsports. Post pics of your car and show her off.

Last edited by bbaugher47; 08-18-17 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-18-17, 09:43 AM
08treefidd
Rookie

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
Your spoiler is mounted to the trunk , not the spoiler itself. I bought my OEM style spoiler color matched from eBay. Fitment is 100%. Paint is great as well. The manufacturer is Ikon motorsports. Post pics of your car and show her off.
Thanks. I am ordering the painted version from a similar company (they are all the same price, only difference I see is some have adhesive backing supplied versus none) soon as it's clarified how they process painting. I'm aware how the new and old are mounted, my factory lip spoiler is sitting in two pieces from too much stress on it. Ikon has a lot of negative remarks in recent weeks and the competing companies have a fraction of that.

I haven't found a new photo host since Picturetrail took a dump. I'll find something soon an throw a couple pics up.
Old 08-18-17, 02:35 PM
bbaugher47

Whoops. Changed my post to read " emblem" not " spoiler".
Old 08-18-17, 03:31 PM
08treefidd
Rookie

Whoops. Changed my post to read " emblem" not " spoiler".
Gotcha. Yeah, ordered spoiler this afternoon. Went with an Obsidian painted version instead of starting carbon fiber stuff. I'll throw some pics up once it's not wingless and bugging me.
Old 08-18-17, 04:54 PM
bbaugher47

Lol understood. Did you go the ISF route?
Old 08-18-17, 06:18 PM
08treefidd
Rookie

Lol understood. Did you go the ISF route?
Yeah. I also picked up an ISF front grille. Window's get tinted on Monday and I'll be close to finished except maybe some further suspension when money permits.