Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

The Triple Oh Geez Build 😱😱😱

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-18, 10:59 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default The Triple Oh Geez Build 😱😱😱

This build has been on pause for like 2-3 years, just focused on life for a little bit. Finally back on track and in full effect. Big changes this year, and totally out of the box, sorta, build.

Just a refresher, I picked up this original 5 speed, black on black '96 SC300 back in 2013 as a replacement to my '95 SC400.

Here was my '95 SC400, it was a PITA, but drove it til 212k miles before selling it and moving on. It had PBM coilovers, Euro.Tek 19" staggered wheels, JDM side markers, polished LS400 front brake calipers, and that's about it as it continuously drained my funds with repairs.

And the '96 SC300 for the past 5 years. It has 19" staggered Garson D.A.D VIP wheels, Supra front & rear brake calipers, Vertex clear lens side markers, Rideskinz Fujin lip, and that's just about as far as I got with it...

Last edited by OG Dada; 10-01-18 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-11-18, 11:16 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

**drum roll**

A couple months back I got extremely motivated to start building it up again. I had the opportunity to be a part of Toyota Fest, and had a couple months to build something custom and totally out of the box to blow people away. Now I know there's gonna be mixed feelings about my build, but then again, it's my build. So here it goes...

Last edited by OG Dada; 10-01-18 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-12-18, 01:43 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

A little something about the lights, the headlights were LS460 triple projector headlights inspired. I did a two-tone gunmetal and black color for the bezels. I used the exact gunmetal Toyota/Lexus loves to use with accent trimming like the Supra headlights, the door window panels, the grille, etc. The bezels are custom molded to fit the two Morimoto Matchbox projectors and the low beams with a bi-xenon Morimoto Mini H1 2.5" with authentic BMW E-46 projector shrouds. All the projectors also got RGB Profile demon eyes remotely controlled via Bluetooth through a phone app with iOS or Android compatibility. The DRL strip is also a true DRL, meaning it automatically turns on once the engine is on, and is also RGB, meaning it changes to whatever color you may desire for any occasion with strobe features.

The side marker were also deleted and a custom LED array were installed in the headlight as side marker.

The high beams were fit with a huge Morimoto Mini D2S 3" bi-xenon also with an authentic BMW E-46 projector shroud. The bezels fluting were shaved and flattened before getting a spray of black.

The fog lights are truly special to me, mainly because they were a lot of work. I fit another huge Morimoto Mini H1 bi-xenon in it, with custom projector retrofit brackets for a full adjustability just like stock. The bezels were custom molded with a projector shroud, while the lip was hand-polished to mirror-finish before getting masked and sprayed black. Needless to say, the entire front lighting received a Clear Lens Conversion for a more updated look and make everything seamless. The rear end was also extended to be able to fit the projectors and keep everything air/water tight seal.

Last edited by OG Dada; 10-01-18 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-12-18, 02:01 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

The tail lights. The tail lights are more than the eyes can see. Everything about the tail lights are custom made. I've always loved how sleek and stealthy the park lights on the SC look. I think, most modern tail lights nowadays were copied from this. When I was designing the tail lights, I wanted to make something that would stay true to its design and also have something modern. The brake light and turn signal light shapes were inspired by the new Lexus styling by incorporating the "L" in everything. The tail lights were also fitted with an RGB strip just like the front lighting. Its also controlled remotely via Bluetooth through a phone app with iOS and Android compatibility, for its show/dancing/chasing features.

Last edited by OG Dada; 10-01-18 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-12-18, 06:18 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

King P - Really happy to see this thread! Nice chronological buildup to current. Your headlights and fogs are the best in the business. I appreciate everything put into the tail lights, I do like your old ones in the day time though and personally prefer a little red on the tails in the day time. The 97+ spoiler really does balance the rear out though. Night time however is a whole other story though! Simply phenomenal when lit up!

With that said, its pretty much perfect from the outside IMHO. I'm excited nonetheless for further evolution of your SC.
Old 07-12-18, 12:00 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Absolutely in love with all of the lighting. Nice work and great thread!
Old 07-12-18, 11:47 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aswang
King P - Really happy to see this thread! Nice chronological buildup to current. Your headlights and fogs are the best in the business. I appreciate everything put into the tail lights, I do like your old ones in the day time though and personally prefer a little red on the tails in the day time. The 97+ spoiler really does balance the rear out though. Night time however is a whole other story though! Simply phenomenal when lit up!

With that said, its pretty much perfect from the outside IMHO. I'm excited nonetheless for further evolution of your SC.
Thanks man! Here's the story about the tail lights, at first I was gonna do an LC500 infinity mirror style tail lights. The problem was, I only had 2 weeks to make it happen. 3 days before Toyota Fest, I realized I needed more time, a lot more time. So I worked all nighter after all nighter to redesign everything that would represent everything I truly wanted which was mentioned above. I'm still planning on pulling off the LC500 style tail lights, just need funds.

The tail lights are lightly tinted with a film to achieve a very stealthy look which I really wanted. I didn't really see any reason to keep it looking stock as the entire front lights are nowhere near stock looking. Another problem the red diffusers imposed was they don't look right with LEDs. The diffusers were designed to diffuse a light source that's coming from the middle which is why the fluting are concentrated from the middle and spreads as it goes further. With multiple light sources behind it, LEDs spread out, it'll look "forced" rather than looking factory, which is always the goal.😬

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Absolutely in love with all of the lighting. Nice work and great thread!
Thanks Rudy! Truly appreciate it!

Last edited by OG Dada; 07-13-18 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-17-18, 10:27 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

I know, I'm annoying, nobody cares about clean builds anymore, everyone just wants horsepower, speed, fast...

Old 07-18-18, 07:16 AM
Farhan
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^Not at all, man. Your car's inspirational! I can't get over your lights setup. You should feel really proud of your work, it's amazing!
Old 07-18-18, 08:17 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Awesome video, really looking forward to your LC 500 style tail lights!
Old 07-18-18, 05:22 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Cant wait to see the final version of the tails.
Old 07-21-18, 11:06 AM
Aviid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it man. those tail lights/headlights are insane.
Old 07-22-18, 11:26 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys! Here's the photo set from the video shoot if y'all don't mind. Haha

And a random food stop...

Last edited by OG Dada; 10-01-18 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-22-18, 09:05 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Pictures and video can never do your work justice.

This is the slowest loading thread every time I try to look at it.
Old 07-23-18, 11:00 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Pictures and video can never do your work justice.

This is the slowest loading thread every time I try to look at it.
Thought I was the only one having that problem. Haha Thanks bro, appreciate it!

Quick Reply: The Triple Oh Geez Build 😱😱😱