Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Project GS-X

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-18, 11:59 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

looking forward to your progress, you have all the info available if someone wanted to "copy" it or will you not be sharing that?
Old 04-19-18, 09:02 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
looking forward to your progress, you have all the info available if someone wanted to "copy" it or will you not be sharing that?
Actually compiling all info to include into a new thread.
Nah, No secrets here. You know what these forums are actually for, you been here long enough..lol
Some ol' school guys were actually a big help posting pics and info of there S/C kits on here over the years.
Just gonna take me a bit to get everything together. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Tank; 04-19-18 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-20-18, 01:37 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by eskaeone
Actually compiling all info to include into a new thread.
Nah, No secrets here. You know what these forums are actually for, you been here long enough..lol
Some ol' school guys were actually a big help posting pics and info of there S/C kits on here over the years.
Just gonna take me a bit to get everything together. Stay tuned.
A bit late for me to post this but had I seen this thread sooner I would have been able to help you out with measurements. I've kept this kit for several years as its probably one of the last ones not junked or attached to an OG members car.
Old 04-22-18, 08:45 PM
Tank
Racer

Default Damn

Originally Posted by AlphaJZS
A bit late for me to post this but had I seen this thread sooner I would have been able to help you out with measurements. I've kept this kit for several years as its probably one of the last ones not junked or attached to an OG members car.
Dammmmmmm my guy, that is one sexy close up shot of the bracket that would have saved me some life..lol
Oh well.
A day late and a dollar short but I appreciate you wanting to help.
The kit not on your GS anymore?

Last edited by Tank; 04-22-18 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-22-18, 10:46 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Dammmmmmm my guy, that is one sexy close up shot of the bracket that would have saved me some life..lol
Oh well.
A day late and a dollar short but I appreciate you wanting to help.
The kit not on your GS anymore?
I bought it in pieces, and as with anyone who gets these who knew their value then (or even now?) attempted to reverse engineer it. I figured I'd hang on to it and not mount it until prices came down in the fabricating process....a special tool is needed to make the pulley but what you did is another option. I suppose one could go around all the wrecked GS's and buy up the pulleys and have them seamed together to bring down pricing. Anytime I come across a fabricator I usually have a photo on hand and ask what they think the costs would be to make such a kit. Unfortunately I don't think there are many people out there that would be interested anymore in this SC setup. The pulley and the bracket are probably the only hurdles and you can fabricate the tensioner portion fairly easily. Keeping an eye on your thread to see the outcome!
Old 04-23-18, 02:41 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

andy, your sick man.... so i assume you dont wanna sell this?
Old 04-23-18, 09:17 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

andy, your sick man.... so i assume you dont wanna sell this?
B, I am not willing to sell the kit however if you need/want to ever duplicate it for your own purpose I can provide the help. Looks like some of the members here have found other ways to get a drive pulley made from their local shops.
Old 04-24-18, 07:21 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

B, I am not willing to sell the kit however if you need/want to ever duplicate it for your own purpose I can provide the help. Looks like some of the members here have found other ways to get a drive pulley made from their local shops.
worth trying, we shall talk soon, you still have the same phone #?
Old 04-24-18, 09:57 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

worth trying, we shall talk soon, you still have the same phone #?
message sent. I think its worth getting in touch with the OP and anyone else who has actually had to fabricate pieces over the phone if you plan on getting one up and running in your ride.
Old 04-24-18, 08:10 PM
Tank
Racer

message sent. I think its worth getting in touch with the OP and anyone else who has actually had to fabricate pieces over the phone if you plan on getting one up and running in your ride.
In need of help just ask. just need to give me a bit as I mentioned before.
but I think I mentioned that the pulley I fabricated is made from 2 OEM pulleys. (post#39) I had 'cut out' the middle portion of one pulley and welded one to the other. I had 'borrowed' an oscillating spindle sander from Harbor Freight and sanded the burrs and the extra metal down. You need a good welder to align and weld both pulleys together perfectly. Then you should get the completed piece balanced so as not to put a strain on the P/S pump bearings.
Old 04-24-18, 08:11 PM
Tank
Racer

In need of help just ask. just need to give me a bit as I mentioned before.
but I think I mentioned that the pulley I fabricated is made from 2 OEM pulleys. (post#39) I had 'cut out' the middle portion of one pulley and welded one to the other. I had 'borrowed' an oscillating spindle sander from Harbor Freight and sanded the burrs and the extra metal down on the inside. You need a good welder to align and weld both pulleys together perfectly. Then you should get the completed piece balanced so as not to put a strain on the P/S pump bearings.
Old 04-24-18, 08:48 PM
Tank
Racer

I bought it in pieces, and as with anyone who gets these who knew their value then (or even now?) attempted to reverse engineer it. I figured I'd hang on to it and not mount it until prices came down in the fabricating process....a special tool is needed to make the pulley but what you did is another option. I suppose one could go around all the wrecked GS's and buy up the pulleys and have them seamed together to bring down pricing. Anytime I come across a fabricator I usually have a photo on hand and ask what they think the costs would be to make such a kit. Unfortunately I don't think there are many people out there that would be interested anymore in this SC setup. The pulley and the bracket are probably the only hurdles and you can fabricate the tensioner portion fairly easily. Keeping an eye on your thread to see the outcome!
Hey you never know.
Yea getting close to completion. cant wait to get it back on the road.
Hey, what size S/C pulley is that in the pic?
Old 04-25-18, 11:56 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Hey you never know.
Yea getting close to completion. cant wait to get it back on the road.
Hey, what size S/C pulley is that in the pic?
very cool, its the pulley the RMM original kit cam with 3.12. Reading your thread seriously has me thinking to just mount the thing. I still haven't found a v2 sq on the cheap yet. I see you already have the charger and it has the 90 degree elbow on it.....did you weld that on or did you source that from another make/model kit? also, what are you doing with the oil line since the v2 isn't self contained? From memory i believe the RMM originally ran a line to the oil pressure sending unit and t'd off there.
Old 04-30-18, 08:27 PM
Tank
Racer

very cool, its the pulley the RMM original kit cam with 3.12. Reading your thread seriously has me thinking to just mount the thing. I still haven't found a v2 sq on the cheap yet. I see you already have the charger and it has the 90 degree elbow on it.....did you weld that on or did you source that from another make/model kit? also, what are you doing with the oil line since the v2 isn't self contained? From memory I believe the RMM originally ran a line to the oil pressure sending unit and t'd off there.
3.12? that gave you about 8 PSI right?
Mount it. why not? you have 3/4 of all the major parts.
With the V2 I found it on ebay. It's the same version that MIllen used; V2 S-trim (SQ). I believe the reason I got it bellow the average price was the fact that it was a 90 degree angled version. I had to heavily modify the volute to make it work like the RMM version. I had the 90 angle cut off and a straight outlet welded on; the V2's don't come with 90's angled toward the pulley shaft only toward the impeller. After the straight outlet was welded on I cut it as much as possible and had a 90 elbow welded onto it and made sure the volute could still be adjusted. That's what Millen did; they welded elbows to all of the V2's that they included with the kit. the straight and 90 elbow were found on Amazon and Ebay. $20 bucks.
The V2's were included in a lot of Mustang S/C kits. they're out there man.
The oil feed and return are connected to the engine's oil supply. the bracket allows both lines to fit and be ran from under the S/C

Last edited by Tank; 04-30-18 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-01-18, 10:47 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

3.12? that gave you about 8 PSI right?
Mount it. why not? you have 3/4 of all the major parts.
With the V2 I found it on ebay. It's the same version that MIllen used; V2 S-trim (SQ). I believe the reason I got it bellow the average price was the fact that it was a 90 degree angled version. I had to heavily modify the volute to make it work like the RMM version. I had the 90 angle cut off and a straight outlet welded on; the V2's don't come with 90's angled toward the pulley shaft only toward the impeller. After the straight outlet was welded on I cut it as much as possible and had a 90 elbow welded onto it and made sure the volute could still be adjusted. That's what Millen did; they welded elbows to all of the V2's that they included with the kit. the straight and 90 elbow were found on Amazon and Ebay. $20 bucks.
The V2's were included in a lot of Mustang S/C kits. they're out there man.
The oil feed and return are connected to the engine's oil supply. the bracket allows both lines to fit and be ran from under the S/C
I never mounted the kit, so i don't know what it produces lol. I'm finishing up a GTE swap but after that I think I may just have to source a used mustang SC and cut the outlet like you did. Looking forward to your progress and troubleshooting.

Quick Reply: Project GS-X