Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

Maizz's Forever Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-17, 08:36 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker4096
Are those the eBay yellow fogs I see for sale on there?
Yes, but as an update I strongly discourage them. I had a little moisture inside so I blew some compressed air and all the yellow tint had chipped off.
Old 10-25-17, 02:27 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by MAizz
Yes, but as an update I strongly discourage them. I had a little moisture inside so I blew some compressed air and all the yellow tint had chipped off.
Thank you for the warning.
Old 01-25-18, 02:02 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

I haven't updated this is a very long time so I'll try to keep up a bit, tough to remember what exactly was done when..

Made a trip to RR Racing, met Simon and Rafi and can't speak highly enough of them. Their knowledge and passion for what they do is amazing and love supporting people like this. I had them install their USRS and AOS. Amazing for the driving feel, makes the F feel the way it should around curves. Being from the city, it was incredible driving on country back roads through PA and NJ with the upgrades.

Old 01-25-18, 02:07 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

I've always loved the reverse lights on the 09+ ISx50, I found a local sale for a set of 2011+ and grabbed them and replaced my Spec-Ds. I like the idea of running lights without additional wiring so that was the deciding factor for me. I replaced the turn lights with red LEDs to avoid egg yolking in the housing.
Old 01-25-18, 02:10 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

I had pulled my TSW Nurburgrings off my IS350 before selling it and they cleared the front brake calipers so I decided to dedicate them to winter mode since they had some wear and were VERY conservative specs. They are 18x8 +35 with 225/45/18 all around.

Old 01-25-18, 02:14 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

While I had my summer wheels off the car, I decided to experiment with some new plasti dip. People are either against it or for it I realize. I think in certain applications it is perfectly acceptable. I've familiar with how to properly use it and yes you can get a very nice finish on it. Anyways, new plasti dip product: Ultrasonic Blue! For approx. $11 in store, I gave it a shot and here are the results and comparison to USB 1.0

Old 01-25-18, 02:19 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

At this point, I stated to get more serious about my interior. I decided to sell my original carbon fiber interior and redo the entire process and really work on my craft, I can say I am very happy with this set and will not remove this one. I added a little USB plasti dip for an accent - not completely sold on these side bezels, I might do carbon fiber but not sure yet.

Old 01-25-18, 02:23 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Since my interior was filled with carbon, I decided to get a carbon wheel and complete the look (for now). I grabbed a wheel, controls and paddle combo to match perfectly.
The wheel is thicker, flat bottom, carbon top and bottom with F emblem, blue stitching and blue ring on top. Paddles have blue - and + inset.

Old 01-25-18, 02:33 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

At some point along the way, I came to a point where I was questioning what I was trying to accomplish with my carbon fiber craft. I undoubtably have made some nice items and helped build my own and others' vehicles, but felt like I wasn't actually creating anything, just covering things. It was at this point I decided to challenge my skills and push to make myself better. I realized I need to create full carbon items, not just wrap them, so I decided to make something easy that would be very exclusive.. Radiator cover!

I need to replace one clip to make it sit flush along the weather strip, however, this is 100% carbon fiber. No overlays. No fiber glass. Pure carbon. I would say this is more rigid than the OEM plastic, while weighing just under 1 pound.

I'm starting to really enjoy where my F is at: carbon fiber grill surround, USB front emblem to match, blue HPS intake tube, blue oil cap, custom painted engine cover and blue tubing on the AOS. Stay tuned for more. Happy modding.
Old 01-25-18, 10:25 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Wow, great job Adam !!!
The following users liked this post:
MAizz (01-26-18)
Old 02-23-18, 06:08 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Trying to be better about updating a little more regularly. I removed my badgeless grill and just color matched the front L. I secured the radiator cover since I had a broken clip it attached to and now sits more flush.

I also added a new custom piece: carbon fiber speedometer bezel. I had painted my 350 bezel 1G1 and always liked the subtlety or this piece. This one is far from perfect, but is okay until I can make another one. As always, no vinyl wrap, just the real stuff.

Old 02-23-18, 08:17 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Despite all of my prior posts about tail lights....

I opted to again update the look and went with the new Vland 3IS style lights. I've had just about every tail light option out there, these are hand down the closest to a 3IS design by a long shot. Simple plug and play, no external resistors and full LED. The bars are much cleaner and crisper than any other brands. The color is a nice deep and rich red. IMO, all other lights looks aftermarket to an extent, these look like a factory option.

Old 02-24-18, 02:39 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Did a 2 stage paint correction using a variety of foam and microfiber pads and various Griot's Garage compounds, polish, sealant and waxes. I followed up with a little photoshoot using the DSLR. Here's a few of my favorites..

Old 02-24-18, 06:33 PM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

Very impressive carbon fiber work and solid build thus far!
Old 02-25-18, 03:12 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hwcustoms
Very impressive carbon fiber work and solid build thus far!
Thank you, trying to be tasteful about where the carbon goes.

A few more shots I've gone through:

Quick Reply: Maizz's Forever Build