Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

Maizz's Forever Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-18, 05:17 PM
ISFCOBRA
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Carbon looks amazing. If you sell this let me know.
Old 02-27-18, 12:32 AM
Howiefied
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great work Maizz, the tail lights fantastic on USB.
Old 04-17-18, 07:49 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Little update.. I ended up mounting my USB matched factory wheels back on the F and was on the fence about the look. I had my fiance take the car in for a slow leak in one of the tires about a week later and the tire blew while on the highway, nothing outside the tire being toast. Tire was replaced by Lexus at no cost (insurance package), but in the tire mounting process the dip was obviously ruined, so back to normal color.

Old 04-23-18, 04:50 AM
Jsmooth86
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great.....love the carbon work
Old 04-25-18, 02:15 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

I swear you just blew a tire, and then again. your car must hate tires.
Old 05-19-18, 05:06 AM
AutoAddict
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent work with the carbon fiber pieces. That’s one of the things I would love to learn to make at some point, even just little pieces. Beautiful work.
Old 08-02-18, 02:14 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

For the anniversary of having my F, I took it to get a full paint correction and high/low solids ceramic coating professionally done by Unique Car Care in Andover, MA. I would highly recommend their work to anyone in the area and has made cleaning a lot easier.

My newest creations of carbon fiber were Novel style fender ducts, custom front splitters and new "F" badges for the side fenders. I found the OEM emblem was too close to F sport and wanted to make a subtle change. I also picked up some Tom's style side skirt extensions. Unfortunately my carbon fiber grill surround had to be removed until I can troubleshoot some manufacturing issues. I redid the surround with truck bed liner and actually looks pretty good, IMO. I had picked up a carbon fiber wheel, but ended up replacing it due to a chip after just over a month of ownership. I also decided to put my name on the interior of my car, I had so many spare parts laying around I decided to do a little creative freestyle, not sold on it but its an ongoing evolution.

Enjoy and happy modding!

Post-ceramic coating

Custom F badge

All the new carbon accessories - and my dog for proof it's a practical vehicle

Truck bed liner grill surround, USB emblem and OEM F badge (recycled from the fenders)

My instagram name, still need to work out the color scheme

New carbon/alcantara wheel, carbon interior, sport pedal (e-brake), Prius shifter, TRD start stop

Last edited by MAizz; 08-30-19 at 07:30 PM. Reason: removed personal content for privacy
Old 08-02-18, 04:42 PM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

that is jawdroppingly beautiful!!! WOW!!!!!
Old 08-02-18, 06:55 PM
Jsmooth86
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on the marriage man!!...car looks great btw lmk if you’d like to meet up
Old 10-07-18, 03:04 PM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MAizz
I redid the surround with truck bed liner and actually looks pretty good, IMO.

Truck bed liner grill surround, USB emblem and OEM F badge (recycled from the fenders)
Little update.. I ended up mounting my USB matched factory wheels back on the F and was on the fence about the look.

Your car looks good, man.

That truck bed liner looks good and doesn't look like it has much texture. Do you remember what brand you used?

Also, the PlastiDip wheels are almost a perfect color match to the factory USB. Is it a standard color that can be bought off the shelf?
Old 10-11-18, 03:41 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DekNgo
Your car looks good, man.

That truck bed liner looks good and doesn't look like it has much texture. Do you remember what brand you used?

Also, the PlastiDip wheels are almost a perfect color match to the factory USB. Is it a standard color that can be bought off the shelf?
Truck bed liner was whatever brand aerosol Autozone had on its shelf. I think the plastidip actually held up better to rock chips, etc. Maybe a roll on liner would be more suitable.

The plastidip was part of their "Luxury Metal" line and features a USB LC500 on the can, pretty much identical color, just obviously has the plastidip finish. Might be able to achieve a gloss with some of their other products but I have not done that personally.
Old 10-12-18, 06:27 AM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Truck bed liner was whatever brand aerosol Autozone had on its shelf. I think the plastidip actually held up better to rock chips, etc. Maybe a roll on liner would be more suitable.

The plastidip was part of their "Luxury Metal" line and features a USB LC500 on the can, pretty much identical color, just obviously has the plastidip finish. Might be able to achieve a gloss with some of their other products but I have not done that personally.
Thanks man. I think I'll pick up some of the Plastidip - I don't know what for yet, but I'm sure I'll find something to paint.
Old 03-11-19, 09:56 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Really sad to post these.. this is likely the final state of my F as she's up for sale. I couldn't be happier with the look of it and the effort it took to get here.

Old 03-11-19, 12:54 PM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Why are you selling? You will miss her.
Old 03-12-19, 10:07 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Why are you selling? You will miss her.
Putting the money elsewhere for a truck and home stuff.

Quick Reply: Maizz's Forever Build