Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

Maizz's Forever Build

Old 06-26-17, 08:39 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker4096
Wow you do such good work with carbon fiber. What did you do to the silver carbon rear center piece?
Thank you! They aren't perfect on the finish but I think I can be a little too critical of my work sometimes since I'm trying to go for OEM quality, they photograph well though. I have the silver rear tray just sitting in my basement for now, I can sometime be indecisive about which look I like so it's good to be able to switch things up at a moment's notice. I'm going to have to re-clear the rear tray at some point to get a better finish so that'll be a place holder.

Old 06-26-17, 08:44 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

So uhhh, can you do some of my parts? lol
Old 06-26-17, 08:54 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

So uhhh, can you do some of my parts? lol
post #3.. not allowed here on CL..
Old 06-26-17, 10:43 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Lol true I like your work though. For the silver, is it carbon fiber or the texalium stuff?
Old 06-26-17, 11:23 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Lol true I like your work though. For the silver, is it carbon fiber or the texalium stuff?
Carbon fiber only comes in the black. All other colors are some sort of fiberglass or dyed fibers. The silver I used was a dyed fiberglass with a reflective coating which gave it the metallic look in sunlight. Here's my color versus stock IS-F, I think it's close enough since they aren't directly next to one another.
Old 07-07-17, 07:21 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Couple updates for now...not sure about the blue LED puddle lights, might change them to white to be more functional.
Just waiting to instal the Project Mu brake pads - from ModInJapan, thanks!

*On the taillights.. This is the second set I purchased (previously on my 2012 IS350), they are advertised as 06-08 but can say with twice the confidence, they work on 2009+ and even F models. Plug and play.

Blue LED puddle lights
Old 07-14-17, 07:20 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

I ended up selling my rear splitters to a local 2IS owner since I was a little unsure of them. I decided to fab my own set, still figuring out what exactly I want/how to do it, I'll post some pictures once these are installed though.. 100% home made for now
Old 07-19-17, 11:26 AM
akoster
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking good man! Glad to see you were able to upgrade to an IS F!
Old 07-20-17, 03:22 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by akoster
Looking good man! Glad to see you were able to upgrade to an IS F!
Thank you, I have not looked back or regretted it once! Also glad I waited for the right one.
Old 08-10-17, 07:53 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Just some quick updates on my progress, my love for carbon fiber is pretty obvious at this point. I was able to salvage my front grille surround, far from perfect but looks good from anything beyond 2 feet so I'll leave it for now. I decided to also make a custom center console since the chrome around the shift gate was peeling. I made the cutout resemble a manual transmission, not trying to fool anyone but it does cut down on people making the "oh it's an automatic " comment.

I also got my mufflers deleted which really made the car a lot more fun to drive, couldn't bring myself to drop some serious $$$ on a true exhaust system at this stage, but eventually I will go that route. Had a local shop fab a custom pipe so the stock muffler section can go back on at anytime without extra modifications.

Cool group of cars my friends have: 1969 BMW 2002 and a 1968 Pontiac Firebird convertible- naturally the American car was having issues

Old 09-03-17, 06:51 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Couple more updates - Finally got around to installing my Wald rep spoiler and TSW Nurburgrings (used for winter mode). Still waiting on the custom F emblem for the rear spoiler so it's a little incomplete.

TSWs looked good for a winter setup IMO. Specs are 18x8 +35 all around (narrow tires = better snow/ice traction and ability to rotate fully). I wanted to run these wheels for a little bit to make sure there was no rubbing/fitment issues. Unfortunately the tires didn't want to cooperate, waiting to mount some fresh Blizzaks on them in a few months.

Also going to do a nice little custom work on the front emblem, but for now a little color shift black/blue plastidip.

Old 09-03-17, 06:54 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Did the tire break the bead just parking?
Old 09-05-17, 04:34 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Did the tire break the bead just parking?
One of the tires had a slow leak which caused it to break the bead. Not a big deal since there was no wheel damage and the tires were being replaced come winter time. The setup looked decent enough to pull off for several months so I'm happy.
Old 10-16-17, 08:45 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Couple shots from a Cars and Caffee event in Paramus, NJ

My latest project, mesh front grill, carbon grill surround and blue horns. I need to upgrade to hella horns and get an emblem for up front -something custom of course

LED 6000K fog lights in yellow housings
Old 10-22-17, 07:16 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Originally Posted by MAizz
Couple shots from a Cars and Caffee event in Paramus, NJ

My latest project, mesh front grill, carbon grill surround and blue horns. I need to upgrade to hella horns and get an emblem for up front -something custom of course

LED 6000K fog lights in yellow housings
Are those the eBay yellow fogs I see for sale on there?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Maizz's Forever Build