ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

very cool build man. subbed.
Old 05-27-17, 08:00 AM
UnLowGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All right.. It's a new day. I'm going to try to rewrite what I wrote yesterday that got messed up. Today I plan on raising the car and inch all around, finish mounting drivers side skirt and then mount passenger side skirt, put OEM bumpers on, AND DRIVING IT! I have friends coming from Alabama and Pensacola to come crack a cold one because Saturday is for the boys.. If you haven't seen that meme that sentence will sound really stupid. ANYWAYS. Yesterday I had intended on making the car driveable and maybe even putting on the rear bumper and passenger side skirt.. I bought the extreme dimensions kit which.. I don't know.. I didn't expect perfect but literally only the skirts are usable and they aren't even the ones that were supposed to come with my kit.. neither was my rear bumper.. The front bumper was the only thing I actually ordered. I love my skirts I love my rear bumper but that still set me off at first.. Front bumper does not line up properly, the tabs that go between the headlights are 100% useless and are no where near where they need to be, the other two front mounting points don't reach the holes.. The drivers side under the headlight has a big gap and doesn't line up where it meets the fender..

This is a 2GS forum so I shouldn't have to explain what you see in the picture above.. that tab is 2 inches total. no where near what I need it to be. Oh and it doesnt bend or curve. It sits straight up.. Fear not, I have a solution but it will take some time.. It is just fiberglass and again I know I bought a cheap kit but if anything I thought things might need to be trimmed I didn't think I would have to add fiberglass.. I cut the mounting tabs off of Genes old OEM bumper and my paint guy is going to basically fiberglass over those and the new bumper to make it work hopefully..

I wrote the whole post and for some reason none of the pictures worked.. My luck has been down lately.. I Saved what I wrote so i'll take pictures today.. Sorry guys

Last edited by UnLowGS; 05-27-17 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-27-17, 02:20 PM
Jordanf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. Any idea how much negative camber you were able to get out of those Megan UCAs?
Old 05-28-17, 12:58 PM
UnLowGS
Driver School Candidate

Let's see if tinypic will cooperate today so I can show you all the exciting stuff that's been going on...

My buddies and I made plans for them to come out Saturday so I wanted the car to be driveable and the coils aren't broken in so I had to raise it and undo what you see in the picture above but we knocked it out quickly and made a lot of progress in one day..
Slammed/Static Gs300 Build-jzqq4j3.jpg

We started the day knowing we needed to raise the car to a drivable height, (pardon my spelling? idk) fit and mount passenger side skirt, and install OEM bumpers. Raising the coilovers went much smoother we knocked it out in no time. While the car was still raised we removed the mufflers and I have to say.. I'm a huge fan. It sounds wonderful. All the videos I hear of muffler delete sound super raspy but in person it's a very smooth deep tone and I love it!

Timmy, a sheet metal guy offered to do my fenders because my original guy didn't do it in the time i needed it done and he had other stuff going on no big deal.. HOWEVER!!! TIMMY KILLED IT OH MY GOODNESS! I am so glad he did it. I'll show before and after pictures..
BEFORE

WHEN MY MANS ROLLED UP
Slammed/Static Gs300 Build-qnnwq77.jpg

AFTER!!!
Slammed/Static Gs300 Build-bwgopvy.jpg
Tiny pic can **** right the hell off idk why i wasn't using imgur this entire time. Picture problem solved lets continue... If this is the last thing on my post.. I'm still writing it so be patient
Old 05-28-17, 01:24 PM
UnLowGS
Driver School Candidate

Let's see if tinypic will cooperate today so I can show you all the exciting stuff that's been going on...

My buddies and I made plans for them to come out Saturday so I wanted the car to be driveable and the coils aren't broken in so I had to raise it and undo what you see in the picture above but we knocked it out quickly and made a lot of progress in one day..
Attachment 491574

We started the day knowing we needed to raise the car to a drivable height, (pardon my spelling? idk) fit and mount passenger side skirt, and install OEM bumpers. Raising the coilovers went much smoother we knocked it out in no time. While the car was still raised we removed the mufflers and I have to say.. I'm a huge fan. It sounds wonderful. All the videos I hear of muffler delete sound super raspy but in person it's a very smooth deep tone and I love it!

Timmy, a sheet metal guy offered to do my fenders because my original guy didn't do it in the time i needed it done and he had other stuff going on no big deal.. HOWEVER!!! TIMMY KILLED IT OH MY GOODNESS! I am so glad he did it. I'll show before and after pictures..
BEFORE

WHEN MY MANS ROLLED UP
Attachment 491575

AFTER!!!
Attachment 491576

IT LOOKS SO AWESOME!! So of course nothing can go perfectly right.. After Timmy finished the front fenders I was super excited to get it out of Gene's driveway and take the first gas station picture because that's what us kids do.. WELL I RAN OVER A SCREW. It was a short 10m screw not sure where it came from but that sucker was in there and I figured if I kept driving it would wear down.. Here's a picture of the exact moment I found out it was a screw in my tire... (Still a good picture, thanks Braulio)
Slammed/Static Gs300 Build-swt8xq1.jpg

My buddies from Alabama were waiting for me near my house and he doesn't have AC in his car so I was in a rush to get to them so I filled up with gas and headed that way paying no mind to the screw because I had a ton of other parts that were being driven on for the first time so I was just worried in general.
Slammed/Static Gs300 Build-sep857t.jpg

The dust is from cutting the side skirt to fit. Ok anyways. Met up with Chuck and Cody and headed home to shower and get ready for an awful meet I don't even have pictures of because there wasn't anything that caught my eye other than the cars I see often around here so nothing crazy.. But here's us at my house.. I love his car. I know people hate on beat up cars but it just shows how hard this car gets driven and I think it's super rad. I'd rather see this than an m3 on coils/bags and wheels. Yes I know that's what it looks like from this picture but he put a lot of work into this thing and it's super dope.
Slammed/Static Gs300 Build-mcvpasm.jpg

So here is where the day gets worse. about 5 minutes from the meet after 30 minutes of driving.. Screw popped out thought it was just a rock so I kept driving and then *PFFFFFFFF SKKKKKRRKRRKKKKK* De bead> Pull over > check lips because i dont give a **** about my barrels> Barrels Good> Tires are good> DONT HAVE A ****ING TIRE IRON but I do have a spare and my wife was at home so we waited for her.
Slammed/Static Gs300 Build-mysxtf2.jpg

Put the spare on and still went to the meet for a few minutes then headed home, Chuck and Cody left, and we drank a few beers and made plans to get the tire fixed tomorrow and figure out why my passenger side front was making weird noises. The car was home though and that made me so happy even if it was on a spare. I knew my tire was good, didn't give a **** about my barrels as long as a tire could be mounted on them again so we drank a lot of beer, passed out, and Braulio and I got up early and waited in the Pep Boys parking lot for them to open.
Slammed/Static Gs300 Build-sxo6p7e.jpg
Slammed/Static Gs300 Build-zpegj49.jpg
ACCIDENTALLY HIT THE BACK BUTTON ON MY MOUSE AND I HAD A HEART ATTACK THANK YOU CL FOR AUTO SAVE!!!!
Ok where was I.. Yeah, yeah at Pep boys..
Slammed/Static Gs300 Build-wsvroby.jpg

My two guys weren't working so I was worried but my 245/40 on x12.5 didn't need a cheetah it just needed a lot of air pressure so I told the guy that and he got it done! This is all for now. It heads to paint wednesday so I'll drive it to work for two days with a smile on my face and then off it goes again! Thanks again for checking out my thread!
Slammed/Static Gs300 Build-s3dqagu.jpg
Slammed/Static Gs300 Build-2p1j610.jpg
Slammed/Static Gs300 Build-7bas0lx.jpg
Old 05-28-17, 04:24 PM
UnLowGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jordanf
Looks good. Any idea how much negative camber you were able to get out of those Megan UCAs?
Honestly not sure of numbers yet but I'll keep you in mind when I get my alignment
Old 05-31-17, 12:47 PM
Pynoxim
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Dude, your thread is awesome as is your car, love all the work you're putting in, keep it up man (Or down, low down)
The following users liked this post:
UnLowGS (05-31-17)
Old 05-31-17, 02:06 PM
UnLowGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Pynoxim
Dude, your thread is awesome as is your car, love all the work you're putting in, keep it up man (Or down, low down)
I really appreciate it! I'm glad you enjoyed the thread. I tried to make it personable and informative so someone who might not be a CL member can find answers. Something I feel like I needed before I started buying parts.
The following users liked this post:
Pynoxim (06-01-17)
Old 06-02-17, 10:18 PM
GSdarksol
Driver

Love the build and your story telling...
Old 06-05-17, 08:27 PM
Blaze876
Advanced

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts

Subbed! Nice build! I am not a fan of huge camber but I can still appreciate another person's vision. You're putting in alot of work and making things happen really quick. Unlike me who took almost 2 years to just get coilovers haha.
Old 06-23-17, 05:41 PM
kraven9
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good work.
Old 06-24-17, 12:57 AM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Man, great progress man. I wish it was that easy for me to find someone to do body and paint on my car.
Old 06-25-17, 05:40 PM
friday9x
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

low and slow. nice
Old 08-15-17, 02:34 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Been a while since the last update! Sick thread though! All that typing ad uploading pictures lol I hate it, I wish someone could just do it all for me including taking pictures because I always get into working on my car and forget to take pictures of the process
Old 10-17-17, 12:55 AM
freddie07
Driver School Candidate

You car is going to look sick when is done. I can't wait to see it. Keep up the good work sir.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Slammed/Static Gs300 Build