Search this Thread

Old 06-23-17, 10:16 AM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Phresh2010
Can you provide the link where you bought the rep fsport grille? Thanks
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS250-...xW4wU4&vxp=mtr

Had to trim off some extra plastic but nothing major. I painted mine with Krylon Gloss Black spraypaint for plastic etc, about 5-6 coats (because I wanted to empty out the can) and 2 coats of clear.
Old 06-23-17, 10:53 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Aspect
eBay from a seller named xtremeautosalon but was shipped to me from modifymystang, a little weird but I didn't really mind as long as it came to me. Still waiting on the replacement set to be sent... they gave me a tracking number for the package but the shipping tracker only says that the label has been created and it's been a couple of weeks now... compared to getting them within a week for the original set. I've messaged them about it and so far no response.

They had the best prices at the time but now I'm thinking that it's not even worth it given all this hassle. I'm waiting for the delivery window to be over to enter into another eBay CS resolution because they clearly don't really care about answering messages. I've never had problems ordering things from eBay before.

I'd personally stay away from these lugs I had a set and the caps come off very easy and the biggest issue I had was the key actually cracking on me, I had it welded and it cracked again in a different spot so I just gave up and ran the Muteki SR35 which are comparable in size. Otherwise if you have the funds just get something high quality.
Old 06-23-17, 11:17 PM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by lysis250
I'd personally stay away from these lugs I had a set and the caps come off very easy and the biggest issue I had was the key actually cracking on me, I had it welded and it cracked again in a different spot so I just gave up and ran the Muteki SR35 which are comparable in size. Otherwise if you have the funds just get something high quality.
Thanks for the advice! The seller is giving me a PITA experience getting a new set to my door so after I get my money back I'll look into them. I was trying to find something affordable, good looking, and had a security feature like the heptagonal shape key. I've seen some from like Mishimoto and such but in aluminum. If nothing works I might just stick with my stock chrome acorns with mcguard locks
Old 06-25-17, 05:22 PM
friday9x
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hows the LED conversion kit? I was looking to get one for my wifes car.
Old 06-25-17, 08:09 PM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by friday9x
hows the LED conversion kit? I was looking to get one for my wifes car.
Doesn't quite fit behind the dust cover. Somehow one side fit and the other side has a cm of gap space so the install was pretty amateur.

I really wanted something brighter than my halogens, they really light up the area in front of the car like fog lights but don't have the throw of halogens. If you drive a lot on dark unlit highways I'd stay halogen or go HID.

Ill adjust them again later to see if I can make it better. They look good though so I really want to make them work
Old 06-26-17, 07:04 AM
240harrier
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice build! Quick question in regards to swaybars installation, do the shocks need to be removed? Thank you
The following users liked this post:
Aspect (06-26-17)
Old 06-26-17, 07:09 AM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by 240harrier
Nice build! Quick question in regards to swaybars installation, do the shocks need to be removed? Thank you
Nope. Aside from the sway bar we removed the end links since they needed replacing anyways, but no need to remove the suspension
Old 06-26-17, 10:38 AM
240harrier
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aspect
Nope. Aside from the sway bar we removed the end links since they needed replacing anyways, but no need to remove the suspension
Thank you! Appreciate your prompt reply!
Old 06-27-17, 12:56 PM
StackzIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was debating on purchasing these headlights but hadn't seen anyone in Canada with them... How much duties did the queen charge ya at the border? lol

Nice build thus far btw!
Aspect (08-11-17)
Old 06-27-17, 01:13 PM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by StackzIS
I was debating on purchasing these headlights but hadn't seen anyone in Canada with them... How much duties did the queen charge ya at the border? lol

Nice build thus far btw!
Thanks! I don't see that many modded ISs here in Ottawa but I got them anyways. I paid like 100-150 in duties? I don't remember
Old 07-07-17, 01:07 PM
Aspect
Racer

Finally got my replacement set of Project Mu lugs in and installed. Locking overkill with both McGard and P.Mu Heptagonal lugs. I plan to remove the McGard lock as well as I don't need that much protection on my wheels plus it'd look better, but I lost my lock key so I'm waiting on a new key to be delivered.

I like the new look. First steps away from the monochrome black and silver look which I still really love but wanted a change.
Old 07-19-17, 03:14 PM
Aspect
Racer

Installed redouts on my taillights today. Probably needs 2 or 3 more layers since it's still amber up close. Perhaps this brand is too light compared to everyone else's as the DIYs all have 1 layer installed. Oh well, from afar it looks red.
Old 07-21-17, 02:49 PM
Aspect
Racer

F Sport License Plate Frames Installed..

Old 08-02-17, 12:47 PM
Aspect
Racer

Got new spark plugs after finding out through flowrider that the eBay plugs were pretty likely counterfeit. Also got a new lip in the mail today, and I'll apologize to CL that I've joined the dark side and got an eBay replica lip(Wald rep I think). I know the bad rep about replica lip fitment and the ethics of it but I couldn't justify spending 1k on a lip.

just quickly put it up against the bumper to see how it'd look.
Old 08-05-17, 06:51 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

The build is looking quite nice. My red outs are definitely darker. Ill see if I can track the seller down .
Attached Thumbnails Aspect's 07 IS250 AWD-img_5654.png  
Aspect (08-05-17)

Quick Reply: Aspect's 07 IS250 AWD