LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Just got an 04 ls430 ML ! New to lexus and need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-17, 11:53 PM
Lexustitus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Just got an 04 ls430 ML ! New to lexus and need help

Hey guys i just purchased a beautiful onyx blue 04 ls430 with 121k and I absolutely love it, but there are a few things that are not working on the car like the mushy brakes ,hood struts, lower control arm bushings....nothing major, but one thing I can't make sense of is the pass front window switch !? It will go down but not up and of course everything works fine from the driver controls. I can't find just the switch online,only with the wood trim and even those are rare.do they even come without the trim ?any other possible fix ?
Old 09-26-17, 09:24 AM
LS430Cat
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexustitus
Hey guys i just purchased a beautiful onyx blue 04 ls430 with 121k and I absolutely love it, but there are a few things that are not working on the car like the mushy brakes ,hood struts, lower control arm bushings....nothing major, but one thing I can't make sense of is the pass front window switch !? It will go down but not up and of course everything works fine from the driver controls. I can't find just the switch online,only with the wood trim and even those are rare.do they even come without the trim ?any other possible fix ?
Are you trying to do the one-touch up from the passenger side? I discovered in mine that only the driver gets the one-touch up and down for all 4 windows, but the passenger only gets one-touch down and for up you need to hold the switch. Not sure if that is normal behavior (I'm a newbie to this car) but it's what I've noticed.
Old 09-27-17, 05:00 PM
flyguyDoug
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Titus - I just brought home 2004 Lexus LS430 today for my mom (all night drive from Florida to Michigan). I have a list of a few things that I will need to fix for her as well. I am having the exact same issue with the front passenger window. Passenger can put the window down, but not up. Up function works fine from driver side.

Here is my list:
  1. I will need new trunk struts, found out the hard way when the trunk came crashing down on my back.
  2. The car was a Florida car... the dash is hopelessly blistered and has one of those dash mats on it right now.
  3. The steering wheel has me scratching my head as well. The top wood portion looks like cracked egg shells. I will have to find a good leather wrap of have it replaced.
  4. I don't feel the cool air moving through seat ventilation. Still researching if there is a filter change issue or if it's a lost cause
  5. Passenger window switch as mentioned above.
  6. New tires.
If anyone has any solutions for the above issues, advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-13-17, 09:22 AM
Carheart
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The trunk and hood struts are super easy and you get the ones for your car specifically at autozone. You just pull out the old and pop in the new. you'll be suprised how easy
Old 12-14-17, 06:17 PM
liazon
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Window actuator motor failure is very common in this era of Lexus/Toyota. The dealer will charge an arm and a leg. Do a search here on CL and there’s probably a do it yourself. That’s one of the best things about this era of Lexus is how easy it is to work on yourself . I’ve also heard people getting deep discounts on salvage parts but one has to be where you’re putting in a used part that will only fail again sooner