Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

Maizz's Forever Build

Old 05-18-17, 01:02 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Maizz's Forever Build

Most recent update:

Hey CL, I finally found my ultrasonic blue ISF. This car took forever to find and I intend on keeping it forever (hence the title). Background info from before I owned it: 2011, 1 owner in Houston, 60K miles (60K mile service completed), clean carfax/auto check, no open recalls, all service records available - basically the exact car I've been dreaming of. I believe the car comes with every option available except for PCS and headlamp washers, but I may be mistaken. The car was on the market for a total of 4 hours before I had a deposit down on it - know what you want and be ready when you see it.

My past two cars were both tungsten pearl IS350 (RWD 2006 and AWD 2012), but I've always been set on an USB IS-F. This thread is really just to track progress for myself, but maybe inspiring to others, enjoy. You can follow my instagram for more regular updates and pictures: MaizzRunner.

Stock pictures from the for sale ad.

Last edited by MAizz; 03-11-19 at 09:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Justin727 (05-18-17)
Old 05-18-17, 02:22 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

The day I brought her home (I was told to pose like this for the record).

Started my modding by throwing on the leftover items from my 350 that were interchangeable. It is being "daily driven" (only driven 2-3 days per week) and I have a dog who will be claiming ownership of the back seat so some items were essentials. Rain guard/wind deflectors, trunk net, rear seat belt pads (already had them so either this or throw them away), hammock for the dog and a custom mounted harness for him. Other items were a TRD start button and some LED bulbs all over, still waiting to get the last bulbs needed for the side mirrors and fog lights.

Dark smoke weathertech rain guard

6000K LED high beams

TRD start/stop button... because race car

Blue LED interior lights

Last edited by MAizz; 05-18-17 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-18-17, 02:31 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

One of my obsessions is carbon fiber, which I think accents the ISF perfectly. I make my own carbon parts and take pride in my work, I had made some parts to be ready for the F whenever I found it. The first item that went on were these fog light covers. (better pictures to follow). It's all I have finished currently but there will be more added, MUCH more.

*please do not ask for my services on ClubLexus, I am not a vendor and will ignore all requests/inquiries

Last edited by MAizz; 05-18-17 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-18-17, 06:14 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats on the purchase. USB is one of the best colors for the F!
MAizz (05-18-17)
Old 05-18-17, 08:46 PM
JPxMODz
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Nice! Looking forward to all your CF mods
Old 05-18-17, 09:29 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Always appreciate the love an owner has for this platform, and even more so when he or she wants to add that one-off mod to make the ride just a bit more unique. I know a few guys with the CF fog cover and it's a great detail to have, and surely beats the generic plastic look. It won't add any hp or help with aero, but sometimes having aesthetic parts can be fun too.

Looking forward to the rest of your build. And glad to hear forever means forever. It takes a lot of will power to ensure that nothing can compromise that, and there are only a handful that will lay claim to that as well.
Old 05-18-17, 09:36 PM
JPxMODz
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Always appreciate the love an owner has for this platform, and even more so when he or she wants to add that one-off mod to make the ride just a bit more unique. I know a few guys with the CF fog cover and it's a great detail to have, and surely beats the generic plastic look. It won't add any hp or help with aero, but sometimes having aesthetic parts can be fun too.

Looking forward to the rest of your build. And glad to hear forever means forever. It takes a lot of will power to ensure that nothing can compromise that, and there are only a handful that will lay claim to that as well.
Unlike most of the CF fog bezel covers that are used. His are a custom direct replacement
Old 05-19-17, 05:35 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JPxMODz
Nice! Looking forward to all your CF mods
Me, too! It'll be tough not getting carried away.

Originally Posted by bnizzle87

I am much more of an aesthetics person and this build should reflect that. Some performance parts will be added for sure, though. I'm planning on putting a decal of my IG handle so that should add between 3-4 hp

Originally Posted by JPxMODz
Unlike most of the CF fog bezel covers that are used. His are a custom direct replacement
+1, nothing wrong the the real carbon overlays attached with 3M at all, I'd rather have things molded to the OEM piece so lifting/fitment is never an issue.
JPxMODz (05-19-17)
Old 05-19-17, 06:52 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Congrats! Looking forward to some pics!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-25-17, 06:38 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

A couple new additions. I painted/dipped some of the engine cover to give it a little color in the bay, I need to redo it with a color closer to USB but it's fine for now. I also added a blue HPS intake. I'm still waiting on my registration so I haven't driven more than outside my neighborhood but so far I like the improvement in sound and throttle response, albeit a small improvement. I also had an old silver carbon rear tray laying around, decided to throw that in while I finish making my black interior trim - not perfect but again a nice little addition.

Last edited by MAizz; 05-25-17 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-01-17, 08:54 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Roof and side ducts wrapped with Vvivid XPO gloss black. The vinyl itself is actually really good, I've used 3M before but I think the finish on this is actually a bit nicer and easy to use. It's been a while since I've used vinyl so there's a couple user errors but still turned out well.

Old 06-20-17, 02:29 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Some more minor updates/upgrades:

Current state

Generic blue oil cap - matches the USB almost perfectly

Bayson R replica lip, generic side skirts and custom made rear splitters (cut from generic front splitters) are all matte black, I will wrap them will real carbon fiber - not vinyl wrap - at a later time.

I had wrapped my grille surround in real carbon fiber, but I had a slight issue with it adhering to the plastic, so I had to scrap it for now and just plastidip it.

Generic blue oil cap and HPS intake

Bayson R rep lip - carbon fiber grille surround - carbon fiber fog light covers

Custom made carbon fiber grille surround

Plastidipped black grille surround

My USB CT200h F-sport in the background

Custom made rear splitters... a work in progress

Some black woven changes coming soon
Old 06-23-17, 06:22 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 246 Likes on 172 Posts

Carbon fiber grill surround is crazy nice! Keep up the good work!

V.
Old 06-26-17, 07:54 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Carbon fiber grill surround is crazy nice! Keep up the good work!

V.
Thank you! I'm in the process of redoing the grille surround so hopefully it wont lift again.

I made some other carbon pieces, I need to touch up a few areas and will likely re-clear coat them but overall I like the look for now. All pieces are covered in real carbon fiber, no vinyl wrap here.

Old 06-26-17, 08:25 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow you do such good work with carbon fiber. What did you do to the silver carbon rear center piece?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Maizz's Forever Build