Project Osaka: 12' SFP on Red

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-17, 08:36 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks team! Shame you don't make a system for the IS-F

Originally Posted by Magnaflow
Very tastefully done, John! We love the subtle looks of it right now with wheels and a proper lower. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-20-17, 07:06 PM
awdson
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very niceee
Old 12-03-17, 06:54 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Default Stoptech Sport Pads

December 1st, 2017
Stoptech Sport Pads

My front brakes pads were due for a change as they were at 3mm. I measured my rotors and they still have over 1mm thickness left in them so I decided to just do pads. I wasn't too keen on the oem pads as far as the performance for how much dust they made. I've ran Stoptech products in the past and have been satisfied so I decided to give these a shot.
So far I'm loving them, the bite is awesome and the dust seems to be less than OEM Brembo. The bite is solid and nice for daily driving, I have yet to really put consistent pressure on them though.

Old 12-03-17, 07:03 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

December 3rd, 2017
ZITO ZF01 18x10 - 285/35/18 Square Setup

I've been waiting for these to be available in 18 for some time now and finally they are. Weighing in at 23.8 lbs. for 18x10 et42 with an obnoxious load rating, I'm satisfied. I haven't done a HPDE since I'd rather go on a wheel and tire setup that will be suited for it, as well as economical as far as rotation and flipping. The wheel and tire together weigh 53lbs, 3.5 lbs heavier than the OEM 12' fronts and 2lbs heavier than the OEM rears. A small price to pay for going from 225/255 to 285 all the way around in my opinion. Despite them being heavier by a couple pounds the driving dynamic of the car is much more fun, although I don't have any data to really back that up.
With the overall diameter in mind 285/35/18 was the only choice. I've seen 285/30/18 be ran but that's just too small for me as well as the 275/35/18 setups.
Well, with some semi-extensive fender and wheel-well treatment these fit no problem at my low ride height.
I opted for gloss black to go with more contrast from the gunmetal I was running before, and ceramic coated them for cleaning ease.
enjoy:

Last edited by JohnMorgan; 12-03-17 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 12-08-17, 05:08 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Great pics. You've done a beautiful job with this build, one of my favourites for sure!
-R
Old 12-08-17, 08:46 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Thank you so much man, let me know if you ever want to part with those CCSP parts 👀

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
Great pics. You've done a beautiful job with this build, one of my favourites for sure!
-R
Old 12-16-17, 11:07 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

December 16th, 2017
Figs Engineering Front LCA Rear Mount Bushings

I've had these since before I even got the IS-F, as they and the rest of the Figs Essentials kit was intended for my IS250 project that I got over.
I decided to tackle them today since I had some time and built up the confidence after watching Lam Le's DIY on YouTube.
I'm now kicking myself I haven't installed these earlier. The steering is sublime and brake control is on another level. With every mod I do to this car, I fall in love with it all over again. It's crazy to think there's SO much potential in this chassis.
Anyways, on to pictures:

Upon installing them, I had the unpleasant surprise of finding coolant all over the bottom of the car and dried up on the trans. I looked in the engine bay for a leak (Valley Plate) but there were literally no signs of a leak.

Old 01-12-18, 02:32 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

January 12th, 2018
CCSR Prototype Grille and Fiji Green Calipers

Couple mods I did to start the year right, and I'll have more detailed pictures when these are completely done:
Got the same mesh as the CCSR (small hexagons) and used an OEM grille emblem to try to emulate the CCSR front. A fun discovery was finding out the plastic mesh grill center weigh's 1 lb. With the mesh weighing nothing, that's 1 lb cut. Unfortunately the mesh I ordered was just a little short on the upper corners so I have to re-do it but this works for now.

I had BMW Fiji Green on my Brembo's when I had my M5, so it was time to do it on the F. I still have to have the Brembo stickers cut, but for those that are curious I'm going to run the Race Bubble text (classic text). I'll update the post once they're all done.

PS. Wheels are still wet from a fresh wash.
Old 01-12-18, 04:41 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Dude I like that color! Really goes well with sfp. More pics of the grill when you get it fixed.
Old 03-26-18, 09:07 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Those wheels don't fit under the stock arches without fender mods correct?
Old 04-01-18, 04:03 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

That is correct, even at stock ride height I wouldn't recommend running this setup. Bare minimum the front and rear fenders need to be rolled. If you drop the car there will be more work to be done to get them to fit without a headache.

Originally Posted by FinLIFE
Those wheels don't fit under the stock arches without fender mods correct?
Old 04-02-18, 01:59 AM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Any plans for performance mods? (headers, exhaust, tune)
Old 04-02-18, 12:31 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Yessir, going to punch my cats this year and do some sort of custom exhaust setup. From what I've seen all over the forum there's not a major difference between headers and gutted cats- maybe 5whp difference. No interest in the tune right now despite how many people are running it. I'd like to see more miles on it before I do that.

Originally Posted by ImportISF
Any plans for performance mods? (headers, exhaust, tune)
Old 04-04-18, 08:01 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Talking

So,

I'm somewhat jumping the gun on announcing this but, anyone in my position would be just as ecstatic.
I recently came across a CCS-P kit and ended up pulling the trigger on the pieces except the hood (for now).
I used AshBecan's as a base car to render what mine will look like. Hopefully I'll have the pieces on my car before the end of this month since I'm still waiting for them to ship from Japan!

Old 04-05-18, 08:45 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

^do we dare ask how much?

Quick Reply: Project Osaka: 12' SFP on Red