Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-17, 08:48 AM
Turintsev
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)

Hello.
First of all i'd like to bring my apologise for grammar and future language mistakes in my bad english.

In 2016 we've chadged our Caddy CTS to 2008 Lexus LS460L Ottoman Seat.160 000km.
Dark Grey colour and Black leather interior.
Bad condition - minor scratches all over the body, broken bumpers, no mirrors, broken plastic covers under the hood, etc...

First pics are attached.
Story of it's Re-born soon 8)
Attached Thumbnails From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-img_9635.jpg   From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-img_9636-23-.jpg   From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-img_9637-24-.jpg   From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-img_9638.jpg   From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-img_9639.jpg  

From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-img_9640-27-.jpg   From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-img_9641.jpg  
Old 03-22-17, 09:17 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Turintsev
Hello.
First of all i'd like to bring my apologise for grammar and future language mistakes in my bad english.
In 2016 we've chadged our Caddy CTS to 2008 Lexus LS460L Ottoman Seat.160 000km.
Dark Grey colour and Black leather interior.
Bad condition - minor scratches all over the body, broken bumpers, no mirrors, broken plastic covers under the hood, etc...
First pics are attached.
Story of it's Re-born soon 8)
Welcome to Club Lexus! Don't worry about your bad English. My Russian is absolutely horrible .

With a little bit of service and maintenance, your car should give you lots of enjoyment for many years. I look forward to seeing pictures of the re-born car!
The following users liked this post:
Turintsev (03-23-17)
Old 03-23-17, 04:47 AM
Turintsev
Driver School Candidate

Hi
First of all, I've decided to made service maitenance for engine, transmission, suspension, engine cooling systems, brakes.
We've changed all technical fluids all around - engine oil, ATF, gear oil, coolant, , brake fluid.
Also were changed brake disks all around, brake pads, filters, ribbed belt, spark plugs, brake pad sensors, suspension sensors.
All part numbers in pictures.

Old 03-23-17, 04:56 AM
Turintsev
Driver School Candidate

Because of poor condition of stock R18 rims and tires, we've bought kit of used JDM Crimson Club Linea R20 rims and Dunlop Winter Sport SP02 Fronts 245/40/20 and Rears 275/35/20 tires for winter mode. These rims will be restored later - polished and painted after summer kit will be installed.
Front rims were installed with 30mm spacers for good fitment.
I've installed kit of 2012MY side mirrors, but without connection to stock side markers. Maybe I'll do it this summer.

Old 03-23-17, 06:23 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

It's really great to see that you have invested a lot of time and money to ensure that this car is back up to peak condition. With regular maintenance, the car should definitely be good now for at least 100,000 km! It will be nice to see more pics of the car inside and out after you have completely cleaned and detailed it.

So, can you share details of this car? Was it imported into Russia new? Does the Nav screen display in Russian or English? I wonder if it has features that are not seen in the North American market. Can you share how much you paid for it, and how much it cost to fix with all these OEM parts (and labor)?
Old 03-23-17, 08:48 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Congrats to you and welcome to CL!!
I see you have purchased an elusive Executive Package... Great score!
I was curious, are you performing all of these items as preventative, or are many/all of the things your tackling necessary "to-do" items?
Old 03-23-17, 09:00 AM
Turintsev
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by comotiger
It's really great to see that you have invested a lot of time and money to ensure that this car is back up to peak condition. With regular maintenance, the car should definitely be good now for at least 100,000 km! It will be nice to see more pics of the car inside and out after you have completely cleaned and detailed it.

So, can you share details of this car? Was it imported into Russia new? Does the Nav screen display in Russian or English? I wonder if it has features that are not seen in the North American market. Can you share how much you paid for it, and how much it cost to fix with all these OEM parts (and labor)?
Hmmmmm 8) I'll try to answer
This car was imported from JPN to Russian Official Dealer new and sold in South part of Russia in 2009.
But it was a company's car, and service maitnance was not made properly.
After the company came bankrupt (not sure about using this term properly), this car have been blocked at bank parking for 3 years without any driving or maitnance.
I sure that this car have less options (like adaptive cruise - this option was blocked by our FSB) than North American market.
Also I'm still nave no any information about Tire Pressure Monitor System (I'm not sure is this car equipped TPMS or not), DVD video in stock Navi system, etc.
The Navi screen and all systems display information in English, Navi system too.
I paid for this car a little more than 10K USD, but i already spent over 10K for maitnance and repair.

I'll share all my info a little bit later - i'm going to make 2012MY look outside and change part of the interior to 2012 parts.
I've already ordered ARTISAN SPIRITS bodykit, AIMGAIN 21' rims, 2012 hood, bumper, foglights, etc.

Last edited by Turintsev; 03-29-17 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-23-17, 09:16 AM
Turintsev
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Congrats to you and welcome to CL!!
I see you have purchased an elusive Executive Package... Great score!
I was curious, are you performing all of these items as preventative, or are many/all of the things your tackling necessary "to-do" items?
Hello and thanks for congratulations.
As I mentioned above - it has no any driving for 3 yrs, so because of this, all oils and fluids have to be changed.
After diagnostics I've already changed the main radiator, all front cambers, arms and bullshings. Addition to mentioned above parts.
I still have some problems in electronics: climate system didn't work correctly, rear seats didn't move in some directions...
I'm very boring - I have to repair all functions for my satisfaction, and no difference I use it or not (like rear seats) 8)))
I think I will make a nice project 8))) I have a great experience with my previous project - custom widebody CL9 Honda Accord (Acura TSX at USDM)
Attached Thumbnails From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-16bdd9es-960.jpg   From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-ccfdd9es-960.jpg   From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-e1bdd9es-960.jpg   From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-8fdd9es-960.jpg   From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-2cfdd9es-960.jpg  

Old 03-23-17, 03:49 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Turintsev
Hmmmmm 8) I'll try to answer
This car was imported from JPN to Russian Official Dealer new and sold in South part of Russia.
But it was a company's car, and service maitnance was not made properly.
After the company came bankrupt (not sure about using this term properly), this car have been blocked at bank parking for 3 years without any driving or maitnance.
I sure that this car have less options (like adaptive cruise - this option was blocked by our FSB) than North American market.
Also I'm still nave no any information about Tire Pressure Monitor System (I'm not sure is this car equipped TPMS or not), DVD video in stock Navi system, etc.
The Navi screen and all systems display information in English, Navi system too.
I paid for this car a little more than 10K USD, but i already spent over 10K for maitnance and repair.

I'll share all my info a little bit later - i'm going to make 2012MY look outside and change part of the interior to 2012 parts.
I've already ordered ARTISAN SPIRITS bodykit, AIMGAIN 21' rims, 2012 hood, bumper, foglights, etc.
Thanks for the details. The car has got to have the TPMS - just push the Display button on the steering wheel to cycle through the information on the display next to the speedometer. Since you have the Executive package, I would guess you have the rear seat entertainment system or at least the DVD player on the front dash.

You have an ambitious plan of mods for this car with the body kits and wheels. From the looks of your Honda Accord, you have a clear idea of what you want, and have the resources to do so. I am looking forward to seeing the build as it happens. Good luck!
Old 03-27-17, 04:16 AM
Turintsev
Driver School Candidate

Hi
We've got the Artisan Spirits Sports Line (Non F-Sport) 2012+MY bodykit -
Front half spoiler
Side steps
Rear half spoiler
Front fenders
Trunk spoiler
Roof spoiler
Number plate bolts (4pcs)
ARTISAN front fender labels and rear label
Great quality of FRP, I hope we can try them on ASAP.

Old 03-28-17, 04:47 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

wow looks like you're in for a 2014+ front/rear end conversion as well.
Old 03-29-17, 08:45 AM
Turintsev
Driver School Candidate

A few LS mods has come and installed - DataSystem ASС680L air suspension controller + H-087G wiring harness
Old 03-31-17, 04:31 AM
Turintsev
Driver School Candidate

Summer wheels and tires has come:
AIMGAN wheels (matte black):
Front 10,5x21 et +9
Rear 12,0x21 et +16
I hope we can roll and shave fenders under this setup

Old 05-29-17, 07:00 AM
Turintsev
Driver School Candidate

AIMGAIN Wheels already installed.
WideBody coming soon 8)
Attached Thumbnails From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-img_1127.jpg   From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-img_1128.jpg   From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-img_1129.jpg   From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)-img_1130.jpg  
Old 08-09-17, 05:25 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Turintsev - I'm impressed with all you have done and are doing. And you're English is great, infinitely better than my Russian.

Might I suggest you consider a set of Exhaust Vents? The OEM exhaust on an LS is like listening to a really great singer, but singing with a folded pair of socks in her mouth. The Exhaust Vents takes the sock out of her mouth. But at the same time, it does not make the LS too loud, it retains a very nice elegant sound, but lets others around you know you're rolling with a V8.

Anywho - Your car is very nice, my car is very similar, same color. Check out the links in my signature. Exhaust Vents would be the frosting on the cake, and you would be my very first Russian customer.

Jason Oliver

Quick Reply: From Russia with love (2008 LS460L)