Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

first sc300 build

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-17, 11:21 PM
mims334
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first sc300 build

hello everybody, so a week ago i bought my first sc300. i have never worked on a car before so im counting on all of you to help me through this process ive read some great things from all of you guys. im going to be changing the spark plugs, wires and valve cover gaskets and cleaning out the intake manifold. any tips of things i should replace while im doing this. foe all of you with the ge what intake manifold do you have and why do you like or dislike it. the exhaust manifold has some cracks so i need to replace it but want to wait til i get a turbo so i dont have to redo the whole exhaust again. what are your thoughts. and what turbo do you have. im looking in the engine bay and it looks like there is no space for anything. what are some things i can replace to free up space. im not the best mechanic. however i just started to learn how to weld and also work as a machinist so i can do a decent amount of modifications to parts. honestly i just want all of your advice so this build can work out. i just have no idea where to start and feel very anxious and nervous about opening up my first engine. please give me any advice you guys have it will be very appreciated. once i start doing some stuff ill be posting. but as of now everyone's seen stock soo.........