Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

First sc400 project

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-18, 06:40 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Can't wait! As for the lights, it's possible that a low-voltage from the battery could cause all of that to pop up. Throw a fresh battery in and see what happens first (or if you have a spare from another car lying around).
Old 03-20-18, 07:36 AM
JasGS350
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile Manual Swap

Originally Posted by gearhead7
as if right now it's kind of a weird feeling lol. It's extremely short geared 1st gear will go no faster than 30mph lol. But I will say it is a completely different car. I need to have the exhaust work done and figure out what's causing the hesitation in lower rpms. I don't have any check engine light on but last night when I brought it home from my parents my abs, trac and trac off lights where on. I know my battery is completely shot. As soon as I get all the issues figured out I will let you know.of my impressions on how it drives
Great job! I finished my SC400 manual swap a month ago on a supercharged 1UZ. I used a w58 though. No first gear as well as the supercharger doesn't help it much either. I as well have low rpm hesitation with no cell lights on at all. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the ECU thinking the car is in neutral, because of the NSS fix, and not providing the correct fuel/info for when the car is starting to move. I've read this quit a few times and wanted to see if my swap did the same thing....it did. People have mentioned running a wire to the gear selector "L" for this to go away, and another wire to the clutch pedal for starting the car. I'll let you know what I find out. Keep up the good work! Love seeing another manual SC400, not many around.
Old 03-20-18, 09:18 AM
gearhead7
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Can't wait! As for the lights, it's possible that a low-voltage from the battery could cause all of that to pop up. Throw a fresh battery in and see what happens first (or if you have a spare from another car lying around).
I can't either man! Hopefully here in the next few days I can get a new battery for it.
Old 03-20-18, 09:23 AM
gearhead7
Rookie

Originally Posted by JasGS350
Great job! I finished my SC400 manual swap a month ago on a supercharged 1UZ. I used a w58 though. No first gear as well as the supercharger doesn't help it much either. I as well have low rpm hesitation with no cell lights on at all. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the ECU thinking the car is in neutral, because of the NSS fix, and not providing the correct fuel/info for when the car is starting to move. I've read this quit a few times and wanted to see if my swap did the same thing....it did. People have mentioned running a wire to the gear selector "L" for this to go away, and another wire to the clutch pedal for starting the car. I'll let you know what I find out. Keep up the good work! Love seeing another manual SC400, not many around.
Awesome let me know. I also spoke to a guy the has done the same swap the cd009 swap had the same issue as I'm having now. He's said he adjusted his TPS and it fixed the issue. Son that could be something to look for as well
Old 03-20-18, 10:32 AM
JasGS350
Pole Position

Awesome let me know. I also spoke to a guy the has done the same swap the cd009 swap had the same issue as I'm having now. He's said he adjusted his TPS and it fixed the issue. Son that could be something to look for as well
Good to know....I will give it a try. Car is at my buddies house/garage, so it will happen this week at some point. Also, get you some aftermarket seats when you can. The stock ones are SUPER heavy and make a big difference when you swap them. I put MKIV supra seats in my SC300 that's a factory 5spd with no sunroof, and it made a huge difference in weight savings.

Last edited by JasGS350; 03-20-18 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Add
Old 03-20-18, 12:17 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Good to know....I will give it a try. Car is at my buddies house/garage, so it will happen this week at some point. Also, get you some aftermarket seats when you can. The stock ones are SUPER heavy and make a big difference when you swap them. I put MKIV supra seats in my SC300 that's a factory 5spd with no sunroof, and it made a huge difference in weight savings.
Keep me updated man! I've been thinking of supercharging mine instead of turbo but Idk yet. And seats defenantly on my check list I would like to sit a little lower in the car I'm 6"1' and my head is almost touching the roof lol. I'm not sure if I'm going to do seats next or coil overs
Old 03-22-18, 07:12 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Been a good day today got out of work and got the Dakota digital speed interface rewired and the Speedo working.
adjusted the tps and fix the hesitation issue. Replaced the battery, spent the past few hours driving the car around and it's absolutely amazing it is a completely different car now. It's really shortly geared but makes it fun. Now just trying to get some miles on the clutch. I will put in a write up here for getting the Speedo working using a Dakota digital speed interface for a cd009 swap. Seeing as anywhere that I've looked the info is no where to be found. So I feel I should put it out there so look for it here a little bit later
Old 03-22-18, 08:51 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

This is my quick right up on getting your Speedo and odometer working again after a cd009 swap

First thing you will need is a Dakota digital speed interface. Inhale the model sgi-5c which is an older model the newer on is the sgi-5e,

First you want to pull back your passenger foot well carpet yo gain access to where the ecu and abs/Trac module is

You want to locate this green plug it. This plug houses the wires to the abs sensors. I used the the right rear abs sensor to get a signal from. The right rear sensor has a blue wire green stripe that is the sensor signal wire and a blue wire yellow stripe that is the sensor ground, the left rear sensor has a white wire that is the sensor signal and a orange wire that is the sensor ground.

Using quick splice connectors or your preferred method of splicing to tap into the abs sensor wires. Makes sure you use the signal and ground from the same sensor. Then run the tapped wires to where ever you decide to mount your Dakota digital speed interface. I personal mounted mine in the center consol under the cup holder.

Now running the wires to the Dakota digital speed interface starti mg from left to right. The first wire (red) is a 12v accessory, I tapped into my cigarette lighter 12v. The second wire (black) is a ground to the chassis. The third wire (black) is sensor ground from the abs, the fourth wire (red) is the sensor signal from the abs. The fifth wire (red) is the wire that send signal to the speedometer and odometer, this wire is a blue wire with a red stripe. This wire can be found and a trans plug that was used on the auto for the speed sensor. I spliced I to this wore with the but connector and ran it into the cabin next to the shifter. Once all the wires are connected you can use this to calibrate your speedometer using GPS to get it accurate on the dash.

I hope this helps out any one that is looking to get the Speedo working after a cd009 swap. I looked everywhere and couldn't find a write up to get this part of the swap done so I felt i needed to put the info out there. It's not that complicated like I made it when I was trying to figure it out. But after talking to other people that have done intend finding the right wiring diagram I was able to get it accomplished

Last edited by gearhead7; 03-22-18 at 08:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mrmj2u (01-14-20)
Old 03-23-18, 06:26 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Saweeet! Quite jealous - sounds like she's a beast. I'm surprised to hear that about the gear ratio, but I've only driven a manual 1uz w/a w58 behind it.
Old 03-23-18, 07:35 AM
gearhead7
Rookie

Saweeet! Quite jealous - sounds like she's a beast. I'm surprised to hear that about the gear ratio, but I've only driven a manual 1uz w/a w58 behind it.
It's defenantly a fun now. Really torquey now compared to the stock auto. This is the first manual sc400 I've driven. I never got a chance to drive my buddies old one that was w58 swapped.
Old 03-26-18, 04:04 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Been putting some miles on the clutch the last few day and the car is running great, ran into a small issue with the 4 drive shaft bolts backing out a little bit causing slop in the drive shaft and having an issue with the starter not catching ever time and grinding on start up. Had the exhaust fixed had 2.25in pipe ran from the cats to and x pipe to the stock mufflers and it sounds amazing really enjoying the car now the manual swap was worth every cent
Old 03-28-18, 07:53 AM
JasGS350
Pole Position

Default Tps

Been a good day today got out of work and got the Dakota digital speed interface rewired and the Speedo working.
adjusted the tps and fix the hesitation issue. Replaced the battery, spent the past few hours driving the car around and it's absolutely amazing it is a completely different car now. It's really shortly geared but makes it fun. Now just trying to get some miles on the clutch. I will put in a write up here for getting the Speedo working using a Dakota digital speed interface for a cd009 swap. Seeing as anywhere that I've looked the info is no where to be found. So I feel I should put it out there so look for it here a little bit later
Nice. Did you use a multimeter to adjust the TPS?
Old 03-28-18, 07:37 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Nice. Did you use a multimeter to adjust the TPS?
No I didn't. I'm going to do it properly when I get a chance. But it's been running perfectly fine
Old 03-29-18, 07:56 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

This makes me miss my 400 so much! Love me a JZ, but there's just something about that sweet Japanese V8 sound that's hard to match.
Old 03-29-18, 05:58 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

This makes me miss my 400 so much! Love me a JZ, but there's just something about that sweet Japanese V8 sound that's hard to match.
The 1uz has such a unique sound and in love it but don't get me wrong I love a good sounding 2j especially a boosted 2jz

Quick Reply: First sc400 project