Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

First sc400 project

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-18, 07:51 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Originally Posted by gearhead7
When I first got this sc I was thinking to going 1j or 2j then decided to keep the 1uz and go against the grain a little bit
I've owned, modded, and maintained both on various occasions. The 1UZ is a killer power plant that any car is lucky to have! It's going to run like a raped ape with a manual trans behind it.
Old 02-28-18, 02:01 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RudysSC
I've owned, modded, and maintained both on various occasions. The 1UZ is a killer power plant that any car is lucky to have! It's going to run like a raped ape with a manual trans behind it.
I can't wait to get this swap done. Just waiting on the correct flywheel and my gauge cluster to arrive soni can get it put back together. Both parts are in the mail so hopefully soon
Old 03-01-18, 08:12 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Keep us updated man!
Old 03-01-18, 07:53 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Keep us updated man!
will do! My gauge cluster is scheduled to be here tomorrow and the flywheel is scheduled for saturday but kinda have a feeling it my get delayed bc of the snow storm we are getting hit with now. I'm hoping ever thing gets here when it's supposed to
Old 03-03-18, 05:07 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Just a small update, I received my gauge cluster back from tanin auto that I had sent there for repair. I initially sent it there for light and needle repair but was informed my rpm motor needed a rebuild and the Speedo board needed to be fixed as well. But here is a before and after Before
After
Beside puting the cluster back in I started puting the center consol in. Lengthened the hole in the trans tunnel about an 1 inch on the back side to make sure the serialnine cd999 shifter clears. Also cut off the back part of the auto shift bracket that had the supports for the center consol by the cup holder to make sure the center consol had it's normal support.
Old 03-05-18, 12:14 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Lookin good!!
Old 03-13-18, 11:20 AM
gearhead7
Rookie

Finaly was able to get the fly wheel on the car yesterday after using 4 washers to space my starter back a little bit So it wasnt hitting the flywheel. Tried to get the trans put in solo but wasn't able to get it done. Hopefully in the next couple days I'll have it in the car when I can get a few extra helping hands
Old 03-15-18, 11:02 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Finally wrapping up the cd009 swap with the help of a good friend of mine we were able to get the trans in, got the clutch bled, filled the trans with red line mt85. Fired It up and went threw the gears to make sure ever thing was kosher. Now to get the interior put back together, wire up the Dakota digital speed interface, fix some things with the exhaust and it will be good to go when the nicer weather decides to come around and hopefully it does soon I can't wait to drive it and see how much of a difference it is compared to the auto.

This was the only pic I took was to busy trying to get this done. And a bit of advice if anyone plans on doing this swap get a tick performance remote speed bleeder for the t56 throw out bearing it will make it so much easier when it comes time to bleed the clutch.
Old 03-16-18, 07:00 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

You're going to be so pump the first time you hit an on ramp...
Old 03-17-18, 07:00 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Well today I finaly was able to get the car on the ground and was able to take it for a test drive. It's a completely different car now. Tm I just need to get the Dakota digital speed interface wired up to get the Speedo working then putbthe interior back together the off to the exhaust shop for a new exhaust bc I had to cut the exhaust off to do the swap and I wanted to remove the cut outs one of the previous owners put on the exhaust.

The position of the serialnine cd999 shifter where it comes up through the trans tunnel

The cut outs that where on the exhaust

Old 03-18-18, 09:25 AM
atoledo
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Dude nice work! Way to stick with it and finish it up just in time for summer : ) What happened with the flywheel? Did Collins send you the wrong one?
Old 03-18-18, 07:14 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Originally Posted by atoledo
Dude nice work! Way to stick with it and finish it up just in time for summer : ) What happened with the flywheel? Did Collins send you the wrong one?
Thanks man! And yes Collins sent the wrong flywheel but they where pretty quick about correcting the issue,
Old 03-18-18, 07:23 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Well I buttoned up the interior today and attempted to get the Speedo working with the Dakota digital speed interface but no luck will have to go let with it later. But I have noticed it is hesitating in low rpm. The last time I had this issue it was the maf. Going to have see what I can figure out to fix this issue

Interior all back to gather. This is how the sc400 should have came. Hopefully tm it will be getting exhaust work done

Last edited by gearhead7; 03-18-18 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-19-18, 08:29 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Jealousy ensues!! Lookin good man. Let us know about your driving impressions.
Old 03-19-18, 06:03 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Jealousy ensues!! Lookin good man. Let us know about your driving impressions.
as if right now it's kind of a weird feeling lol. It's extremely short geared 1st gear will go no faster than 30mph lol. But I will say it is a completely different car. I need to have the exhaust work done and figure out what's causing the hesitation in lower rpms. I don't have any check engine light on but last night when I brought it home from my parents my abs, trac and trac off lights where on. I know my battery is completely shot. As soon as I get all the issues figured out I will let you know.of my impressions on how it drives

Quick Reply: First sc400 project