Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

First sc400 project

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-17, 08:10 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02SDGS
You wouldn't happen to be in Buffalo would you?
No I'm not from buffalo but I did purchase it from up by buffalo
Old 09-04-17, 05:07 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Ah, I figured it was the car I saw on craigslist for a while. Glad it went to someone who could give it what it needed.
Old 09-05-17, 12:12 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Originally Posted by 02SDGS
Ah, I figured it was the car I saw on craigslist for a while. Glad it went to someone who could give it what it needed.
I'm glad I gotnit before some one else did. Its getting hard to find them in a good condition like this one is.
Old 09-05-17, 01:05 PM
dadswrld
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel

Would you happen to have the 3-spoke steering wheel? If so do you have any pictures of the actual wheel?

shipping to 14902 Lewiston NY.

Thanks in advance.

Jr.
Old 09-07-17, 09:22 AM
gearhead7
Rookie

Originally Posted by dadswrld
Would you happen to have the 3-spoke steering wheel? If so do you have any pictures of the actual wheel?

shipping to 14902 Lewiston NY.

Thanks in advance.

Jr.
sorry I don't have any other ones besides what's in my car.
Old 02-11-18, 05:25 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

It's been some time since I posted an update seeing I really haven't had anything to update about. But to get to the good stuff finally getting ready to do the cd009 swap I the car now that I have everything I need. My Collins adaptor kit arrived a few days ago

Adaptor plate
6 puck sprung clutch disc
Pressure plate
Flywheel
Clutch line and throw out bearing
Pilot bearing, bolts and driveshaft adaptor for rear diff
Driveshaft
Serialnine shifter
Borgwarner s366 for the future plans
Ls400 break calipers, just order ebc slotted rotors and ebc yellow stuff pads and steel braided break linesHopefully here soon I'll be able to get started on the manual swap, also sending out the gauge cluster for new lights and needles
Old 02-12-18, 07:08 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Wicked cool project. You're gonna fall in love with that 1UZ after you put a manual behind it.
Old 02-22-18, 04:05 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Made some small progress yesterday with the cd009 swap, do to it being colder today not going to work in it today but this weekend I'm hoping to have the cd009 in and working on getting ever thing buttoned up. Let the fun begin
Getting the lower part of the dash taken apart to give myself room to work getting the clutch pedal assembly installed. Made it a lot easier getting the drill in there for drilling out the holes for the clutch master cylinder
Removed the center console in preparation for removing the auto gear selecter
Holes for the clutch master cylinder drilled. Used a 35mm hole saw for the larger center hole. I don't know right off hand the size drill bit for the 2 smallwe out holes
Clutch pedal, and sc300 oem manual brake pedal installed. The mk4 supra clutch pedal assembly worked perfect. Just had to shift the upper part of the bracket to get the bolt started.
Sc300 clutch master cylinder
Old 02-25-18, 12:49 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice progress, like the caliper paint too! Do you have the ls door handle swap on your SC, or is it the glare from the camera?
Old 02-26-18, 10:43 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Nice progress, like the caliper paint too! Do you have the ls door handle swap on your SC, or is it the glare from the camera?
Thanks man! And honestly Idk if it has is door handles or not lol the chrome ones where in there when I bought the car a year ago.
Old 02-26-18, 11:07 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Well I've run into a few small issues with getting the swap done. The rear main seal that in had ordered was wrong luckily one of my local parts store was able to get one. Installed the rear main then went to install the flywheel from the Collins kit to only find out it is the wrong flywheel.
Cd009 on the left stock auto on the right
Bellhousing cut off the cd009 and adaptor plate installed
Stock auto U1 bellhousing and t56 throw out bearing installed

Getting the wiring done jumped the nss wires black/white and black together and the reverse lights on the same plug pink/black and yellow. The cd009 reverse switch pig tail has yellow and orange/silver, to get the reverse lights wire the yellow to yellow and pink/black to orange/silver
Tested the reverse lights with some extra length of wire to make sure they worked
Pilot bearing bushing adaptor installed into crank
And here is where the issues stared the bolt hole diameter on the flywheel is slightly smaller than the crank
And the pilot bearing adaptor stick out to far past the flywheel.
Hoping to get the right flywheel asap and get the swap finished up. Everything else is ready to go just gotta get the flywheel and clutch installed and the trans put in then button up all the small things
Old 02-27-18, 09:20 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Huge amount of work, but it'll be well worth it. My buddy's 1uz/W58 combo is such a blast I love the idea of having a manual behind that engine. I need to get a single piece driveshaft for my car I've just been too damn cheap.
Old 02-27-18, 09:49 AM
gearhead7
Rookie

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Huge amount of work, but it'll be well worth it. My buddy's 1uz/W58 combo is such a blast I love the idea of having a manual behind that engine. I need to get a single piece driveshaft for my car I've just been too damn cheap.
It has defenantly been a lot of work but not as bad as I expected. I think the worst part was getting the bolts for the bellhousing out and it's probably going to be worse putting them in bc the cd009 is a larger trans. I can't wait to see how much of a difference it's going to make with the manual compared to the auto. Just going to be shorter geared with the cd009 and the 3.92 rear end
Old 02-27-18, 11:07 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

I'm so spoiled now with my 2jzge that I forgot how hard it is to get around the 1uz and auto trans even from underneath. You're going to be stoked on this
Old 02-27-18, 07:05 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Originally Posted by RudysSC
I'm so spoiled now with my 2jzge that I forgot how hard it is to get around the 1uz and auto trans even from underneath. You're going to be stoked on this
When I first got this sc I was thinking to going 1j or 2j then decided to keep the 1uz and go against the grain a little bit

Quick Reply: First sc400 project