Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

First sc400 project

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-17, 06:24 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My auxbeam led headlights came in the other day. I wet with the f16 series for both the low beam 9006 type and high beam 9005 type. I must say they are a huge improvement over the stock headlights

stock headlights
Led (passenger) vs stock (driver) side by side

Both leds installed

Sorry for the crap pictures.
Old 03-05-17, 07:28 PM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by gearhead7
honestly I got home from work probably 2 or 3 nights after I posted about the check engine light and decided to unplug the maf sensor and start the car. The cel and track off light didn't come on and it didn't start misfiring or stall plugged the maf back in and it hasn't had the issue sense
glad it worked out in your favor. Nice updates
Old 03-05-17, 08:01 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2KHarrier
glad it worked out in your favor. Nice updates
thanks man! I'm doing my best about keeping this updated somethings I forget to take pictures of like the molding of the radio mounts but it's info I found in the forums on here
Old 03-06-17, 05:34 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Today I swaped out all my interior lights to led lights. Did all except the ignition ring and driver foot well
Dont mind the center consol being torn apart. Still waiting on my kenwood head unit to get delivered

tomorrow my rear tires should be here then I can finally get get my new wheels I stalled on the car and go get a front end alignment and inspection and I can finally start enjoying the car now that the weather is getting nicer
Old 03-06-17, 08:24 PM
1uZLeX
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking dopeee. Can't wait to see how it sits on the new rims
Old 03-07-17, 01:17 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1uZLeX
Looking dopeee. Can't wait to see how it sits on the new rims
thanks man! And I can't wait either!
Old 03-07-17, 01:21 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

My kenwood head unit was delivered this morning. Test fitted it on my lunch break now to figure out the wiring for it. I have both the metra wiring harnesses the 70-8112 and the 70-1761.
Old 03-09-17, 10:31 AM
gearhead7
Rookie

Finally the day has come where I was able to get my tires mounted and balanced and installed on the car. And I'm in love with this car even more The car is filthy. Hopefully i can get an appointment for an alignment and inspection today
Old 03-09-17, 12:42 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Got the climate control and radio installed but still have to wire up the radio hopefully have that done tonight with the help of a friend of mine
Old 08-30-17, 11:29 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

It's been quite some time sense I've posted on here. The car hasn't changed much just a few small thing here and there, had the ecu rebuilt, swapped out my low beams housings for ones that where in better shape
is300 steering wheel and painted wood trim
And started gather what I need for my cd009 swap Cd009 from a 2006 350z
Toyota supra mk4 clutch pedal assembaly

An auto brake pedal that i cut down but found out the limb will be really close to the clutch pedal limb and there may be a posibily of my foot hiting brake limb when i press the clutch so i went ahead and ordered a oem 5 speed brake pedal so i wobt have any issues
Oem 5 speed shifter bezel and boot. The boot needs to be replaced
Dakota digital speed interface sgi-5c to get the speedo working again after the swap is complete. From what i here you can tap into the abs sensor to get signal and calibrate it to het the proper mph on the dash butni have not been able to find any write ups on doing this so of any one has done this and info would be great. I still need to get the swap kit from collins adapters, clutch master cylinder , fluid and probably a few other thing that I'm forgetting about hopefully soon be able to dive into getting this swap done but it will most like be a winter project when the car is put away
Old 08-31-17, 12:42 PM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

Nice progress so far, car is looking good. That manual swap should be fun. Keep us posted with you progress.
Old 08-31-17, 05:21 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Originally Posted by BiGEZ
Nice progress so far, car is looking good. That manual swap should be fun. Keep us posted with you progress.
Thanks man! And I'll try my best to keep this updated
Old 08-31-17, 05:44 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

You wouldn't happen to be in Buffalo would you?
Old 09-03-17, 06:45 AM
dadswrld
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a lot of fun ahead. I, like most, will likely be heading down that path as well. Have fun doing what your doing and try to keep us updated, especially for those like me, who will be doing what your doing. What model is that Kenwood?
Old 09-03-17, 08:08 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Originally Posted by dadswrld
Looks like a lot of fun ahead. I, like most, will likely be heading down that path as well. Have fun doing what your doing and try to keep us updated, especially for those like me, who will be doing what your doing. What model is that Kenwood?
thanks man! The Kenwood is the ddx773bh.
I should be ordering the kit for the trans swap here soon. Then gathering the last few things it will probably be a winter project if I can find a place to put the car for the winter and be able to work on it. I'm going to try and do a detailed write up of the prosses

Quick Reply: First sc400 project