Ciggy's 14' IS350 AWD Ultra White Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-17, 07:31 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Bravo22
thanks for the info ciggy! A bit more complicated than what I thought 😎
Took me a an hour or 2 to figure out why the console wouldn't fit. Took me 10/15 minutes to remove the plastic and have it installed. So just knowing this info will make it very painless.
Old 07-22-17, 04:34 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Cf antenna cover
Old 07-29-17, 07:10 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

NYC in the distant background. Look close you can see the freedom tower.
The following users liked this post:
sixbanger (11-13-18)
Old 08-17-17, 02:43 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Installed the illuminated door sills today. Very easy thanks to SpecONE's YouTube video. Jazzed up the rears with a little f-sport logo.
ItsJulz (03-06-22)
Old 08-17-17, 06:08 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Ciggy

Installed the illuminated door sills today. Very easy thanks to SpecONE's YouTube video. Jazzed up the rears with a little f-sport logo.
very nice man.
btw i got that video coming up for you explaining the magnetic license plate mount very soon. (just need to sit down and edit the footage)
Old 08-18-17, 08:31 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by specONE
very nice man.
btw i got that video coming up for you explaining the magnetic license plate mount very soon. (just need to sit down and edit the footage)
thank you, think i'm going to give it a shot tomorrow.
Old 08-19-17, 05:04 PM
TJR14IS350
Pole Position

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I love your car. Just simple and clean.
Old 08-21-17, 06:48 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TJR14IS350
I love your car. Just simple and clean.
Thank you. I did a bunch of front end work this weekend. Next season hoping to pick up some wheels.

Old 08-21-17, 06:58 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

My fog light install didn't go as planned. First off if you think you've provided the correct power, and you successfully got the relay to switch (you can hear it) chances are the polarity on the actual fog light is incorrect. Easy fix. Mine were wrong.

I ordered the entire kit including blinker stalk as I knew my car had the 2 wires from the stalk to the ECU ready. Pins 10/11 were both present.

I provided power to the fog lights and connected the yellow(on signal) wire to PIN 10 on the stalk. When I turned on the fog light switch the dash would light up fogs on but the fog lights did not activate. After testing some things I determined the yellow wire needed a 12v power to tell the fogs lights to turn on. So I did some more research and attempted to make that happen. I supplied 12v power to PIN 11 and connect the yellow signal wire to PIN 10. This blew out the 12v power supply fuse which was the interior lighting.

We replaced the fuse and all seemed good. I wired the fog lights into the BSM power for now so they come on with the car for a short term solution.

However, I've now created a problem that I can't seem to figure out. The fog light indicator no longer lights up on the dash, maybe there is another blown fuse? Also my remote start has stopped working. I know this is related because I use it often and it has just now stopped working.

Going to test all of the fuses later today, also going to see if I can get a friend of a friend to take a look with me today.
Old 08-21-17, 01:29 PM
TJR14IS350
Pole Position

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

May I ask where you got the carbon grill surround?
Old 08-22-17, 09:11 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TJR14IS350
May I ask where you got the carbon grill surround?
Made by SAGA Carbon, based in Taiwan.
Old 11-09-17, 06:53 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

I haven't done much in the past couples months. Works got busy and I've been happily enjoying my car.

It's November here in the Northeast and the cold is starting to set in. I'll spend the next 2 weeks winterizing my IS.

First up is a Yakima roof rack, I've got all the parts I just need to fit them on the car.

Tonight or this weekend i'll be getting under the car and raising it an inch. While also adjusting the dampening for a little softer ride.

Once the car is raised I'll be installing some Blizzak's on the F-sport wheels and removing the wheel spacers. This should put me at a good ride height with maximum traction and control for this winter. I do A LOT of snowboarding. At least once or twice a week when the weather permits. So i spend a lot of the winter driving North to PA, Upstate NY, and even Vermont for some real riding.

This means next season I removed the f-sport wheels to store them for the spring/summer and buy some new larger, wider performance wheels and ditch the spacers for good.

Last but not least I ordered a Thule Flow roof box that I'm anxiously awaiting. Time permitting I'll be getting it wrapped in a sharp snow camo to make it look sexy.

I'll have some updates in the next few weeks showing off my winter mode.

For now here's a photo of how she sits this morning. Covered in poop from the trees dropping all their leaves. NBD

Next year I have a few things I'd like to do to the car including new wheels, finish the hydro dipping of the interior, install the front strut brace I bought from Cusco.
I'd also like to open the b-pipe of the exhaust up with a wider pipe and get the RR-Racing tune for a few more pony's.
Old 11-11-17, 03:09 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Winter mode progress:

ItsJulz (03-06-22)
Old 11-26-17, 01:18 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

ItsJulz (03-06-22)
Old 11-27-17, 08:19 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

what kind of camber are you running in the rear with the camber arms? no rubbing with the spacers?

Quick Reply: Ciggy's 14' IS350 AWD Ultra White Build