Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Ciggy's 14' IS350 AWD Ultra White Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-17, 03:49 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Questions...when you open the sunroof is the wrap all the way inside and wrapped around the edge so you don't see any white of the body color?
The shark fin...did they wrap it without any joints? (Like at the back) Did they take it off the vehicle?
I'm considering doing my own roof wrap in gloss black and just purchasing an Obsidian antenna from the dealer...the cover is actually pretty cheap ($35 i believe)

I had this done by semi professionals. They have just recently started their business but do nice work.

Inside the sunroof the wrapped inside part way and then used a black sealer tape to make a straight line. It came out very nice I can get a picture in the sun this week.

There are no seems on the antenna. They removed the antenna by removing the light housing in the ceiling in the back and removing a single bolt. I'm sure their are instructions on the forum.

Your idea isn't bad. You may be able to tell the antenna is a different color. I went with satin vinyl so it's nice that the antenna matches the same shade. However obsidian and gloss will be very close.
Old 03-19-17, 07:07 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Thanks for the info Ciggy...it's a great help.
If it's not too much trouble a pic of the sunroof opening would be great! I think that tape you mentioned is called Edge tape...I could be wrong though.
I know the antenna can be challenging to wrap without any seams, and for $35 I'm definitely giving the Obsidian antenna a try. Worst case it will give me time to wrap the original antenna while the Obsidian one is on the vehicle.
I' can make several failed attempts at my leisure.
I had searched the forum to see if anyone has taken off the antenna through the rear map light opening, but wasn't able to find anything.
I took down the map light and it looks possible...certainly fairly easy to take out...maybe putting back might be challenging.
If they did it that way, then I know it's possible. I may post a DIY if I'm successful...I have no desire to drop the headliner.
Old 03-31-17, 08:05 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Thanks for the info Ciggy...it's a great help.
If it's not too much trouble a pic of the sunroof opening would be great! I think that tape you mentioned is called Edge tape...I could be wrong though.
I know the antenna can be challenging to wrap without any seams, and for $35 I'm definitely giving the Obsidian antenna a try. Worst case it will give me time to wrap the original antenna while the Obsidian one is on the vehicle.
I' can make several failed attempts at my leisure.
I had searched the forum to see if anyone has taken off the antenna through the rear map light opening, but wasn't able to find anything.
I took down the map light and it looks possible...certainly fairly easy to take out...maybe putting back might be challenging.
If they did it that way, then I know it's possible. I may post a DIY if I'm successful...I have no desire to drop the headliner.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...F3b1BlRk53TWJR
Old 03-31-17, 12:02 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the pic!
Really helps to see it in the opening...and the finishing tape.
Old 05-03-17, 01:03 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Seibon diffuser installed. F-Sport exhaust tips extended about 3.8 inches.

Big things to come in the next week or so. Stay tuned
The following users liked this post:
ItsJulz (03-06-22)
Old 05-03-17, 05:55 PM
IreneIS350
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How does it sound?
Old 05-04-17, 06:43 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IreneIS350
How does it sound?
I've had the F-sport exhaust on for a month or 2. It sounds really good. I just had a custom exhaust shop chop off the tips and extend them out about 4 inches to match up to the new Seibon diffuser.

Believe it or not I feel like this modification made the exhaust a little quieter. Maybe because it's not tucked under the car anymore.
Old 05-04-17, 07:30 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Bam. Spoiler installed. Not sure it's perfect and may need to give it another go but it sure looks sexy!
Old 05-04-17, 10:36 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ciggy

Bam. Spoiler installed. Not sure it's perfect and may need to give it another go but it sure looks sexy!
Looking good!!! Like the carbon fiber spoiler...it may be a tad too far to the left.
Old 05-11-17, 06:07 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

The car is slammed rite now. RS*R Coils installed, SPC rear control arms installed. A few bolts had to be cut out of the car.
Didn't realize the 20mm H&R spacers did not have the studs built in so they were not installed. Returning and ordered Ichiba spacers.
Heading to the shop today to raise the car to about a 1 finger gap and full alignment.

Here are some sick photos of this thing sitting super low. I'm rubbing in all 4 corners. Especially in the front with the spacers.

Old 05-22-17, 06:15 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Old 05-27-17, 07:29 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Just installed my 2017 center console I purchased from whiteis33. Had to do a little custom work but she's installed.

I had my buddy hydro dip some interior parts and some center console parts while it was off the car. I plan to dip everything that's light Grey in the car black carbon fiber.

Here's a photo of today's work. The wrist wrest is missing the buttons as my dip guy forgot to do the 2 little pieces. I'll have them back next week.

Also ordered the cf layover for the shift **** from ebay. If you look close. Even the cup holder trim is cf now!
Old 06-05-17, 06:49 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Old 06-06-17, 11:02 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Looks good. Curious of the durability of hydro dipping. How does it compare to vinyl? Can you go back to stock if you wanted?
Old 06-06-17, 11:26 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nathantse
Looks good. Curious of the durability of hydro dipping. How does it compare to vinyl? Can you go back to stock if you wanted?
Hydro dip is essentially the same thing as painting but with some extra steps. This means the durability is determined by the quality of paint work. The parts you see here have an extra few coats of clear to make sure they don't get scratched up when dragging things across them. No these can not be returned to stock. However, just like we were able to remove them from the car and paint/hydro dip they could be removed again and re-painted any color of desire.

Vinyl typically has a life time. It may get old, shrink or crack or show wear from things coming in contact. The paint on these parts after being hydro dipped should last forever. Of course this 100% depends on the quality of the job that is done.

I chose Hydro dip over vinyl as I feel the quality and durability are superior. Carbon fiber vinyl doesn't look that great and the versions that do (5D Carbon) are low quality vinyl and wont last all that long especially baking in the sun. The high quality carbon vinyl that does exist doesn't look nearly as real or as nice in the sun as this hydro dip job does.

Hope i answered your questions. I've seen people go both ways. A lot chose to go with vinyl as you can wrap a bunch of items with-out taking them out of the car.

Quick Reply: Ciggy's 14' IS350 AWD Ultra White Build