Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

Auxive's 98 LS400 Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-18, 01:18 PM
Auxive
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It's been my trend to get new wheels every year, so got some DAD Zuenglein DR302s / Garson Deep Ryugi.
About to send them off for relipping and refinishing the faces. Still deciding on colour.

Old 03-12-18, 05:49 AM
t4l
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure why I missed it before, but those infinity mirrors in the doors are about the coolest thing ever!
Old 03-13-18, 11:13 PM
Auxive
Driver

Originally Posted by t4l
Not sure why I missed it before, but those infinity mirrors in the doors are about the coolest thing ever!
I know right? Thank you.
I ended up using white LEDs, but still been waiting to find time to piece everything together.
Old 03-21-18, 01:13 PM
Auxive
Driver

Finally put together my headlights after being lazy for over half a year.
For anyone wondering, these are Starry Night Halos.

Demo video below. There are 200 or so modes, hard to capture everything with Instagram's time limit.

View this post on Instagram

Also have several big parts arriving in a few days from Boulevard Luxury. More updates and progress coming soon.

Old 03-22-18, 08:18 PM
Auxive
Driver

Got my LS400 Aimgain Euro bodykit from Boulevard Luxury today.

Old 04-24-18, 03:43 PM
Auxive
Driver

Put my bodykit on, will upload a picture once everything this put together.

In the meantime, I got an LS400 Garson DAD center cabinet with the optional armrests.

Old 06-29-18, 07:09 PM
Auxive
Driver

Finished up the LS400 infinity door cards I designed. Looking pretty good.
View this post on Instagram

Last edited by Auxive; 07-19-18 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-29-18, 09:57 PM
Auxive
Driver

Designed, laser cut, and engraved a new shifter plate from glossy black acrylic. Garson DAD logo pattern with light-up green letters.
Hard to tell in the photo, but looks amazing in person.

Old 06-30-18, 08:26 AM
driftsucky
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

dopaliscious.
Old 06-30-18, 04:44 PM
DVL5WRK95
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

This build is sickeningly beautiful
Old 08-01-18, 10:54 AM
Greg5OH
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you decide to part with those Ryugis I would be interested. Always on the lookout for some chrome face 19 ryugis.
Old 08-08-18, 06:41 AM
Auxive
Driver

Originally Posted by Greg5OH
If you decide to part with those Ryugis I would be interested. Always on the lookout for some chrome face 19 ryugis.
I can part with the faces for quite cheap if you're interested. The chrome is peeling though, would need to be refinished. Both front and rear are hi-disk to clear BBK. Message me if you're interested.
Old 08-08-18, 07:09 AM
Auxive
Driver

Quick update:
Build has been delayed several times because of bad luck and issues.

Here's what happened so far with just the wheels.
- Bought lips from Threepiece.us and they sent me lips where the holes don't line up the the face or barrel. Tried contacting them to resolve it, got no response and then got blocked by them and any friends that tried contacting them for me also got blocked.
- Final Automotive Finishes in Illinois took my wheels to cut the welds, refinish, and relip. They destroyed my lips and barrels trying to cut them apart. Didn't even finish the job and went out of business. Luckily got my wheels back, even though the lips and faces are trashed.
- Took my wheels to another shop locally ( don't want to bad mouth their name since they've done work for me before ), sat in their shop for 1 month before they basically told me they don't want to do it.
- Ordered another set of Garson faces that are lo-disk so I can get more lip since I have to buy new ones anyways. New faces were to be powdercoated and shipped to me from a vendor in Russia ( don't want to name him because he refunded me for the powder coating ). They arrived damaged because of poor packaging.

There are other little things here and there that are holding the build back, but hopefully by October I'll have my wheels complete with the rest of my car.

Below is the headaches I'm dealing with:

Old 08-08-18, 07:15 AM
Auxive
Driver

In the meantime, I've managed to snag some of the leftover DAD parts from Ken's build partout which inspired me to build a Garson DAD LS400.

I managed to get a Garson DAD luxury potato holder and Garson DAD parking permit.
Parking permit seems appropriate for how long my car has been sitting now.

Old 08-09-18, 12:07 PM
DVL5WRK95
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Auxive
Quick update:
Build has been delayed several times because of bad luck and issues.

Here's what happened so far with just the wheels.
- Bought lips from Threepiece.us and they sent me lips where the holes don't line up the the face or barrel. Tried contacting them to resolve it, got no response and then got blocked by them and any friends that tried contacting them for me also got blocked.
- Final Automotive Finishes in Illinois took my wheels to cut the welds, refinish, and relip. They destroyed my lips and barrels trying to cut them apart. Didn't even finish the job and went out of business. Luckily got my wheels back, even though the lips and faces are trashed.
- Took my wheels to another shop locally ( don't want to bad mouth their name since they've done work for me before ), sat in their shop for 1 month before they basically told me they don't want to do it.
- Ordered another set of Garson faces that are lo-disk so I can get more lip since I have to buy new ones anyways. New faces were to be powdercoated and shipped to me from a vendor in Russia ( don't want to name him because he refunded me for the powder coating ). They arrived damaged because of poor packaging.

There are other little things here and there that are holding the build back, but hopefully by October I'll have my wheels complete with the rest of my car.

Below is the headaches I'm dealing with:

i can always takena drive down to Threepiece’s physical location for you. They can’t block me in real life. Seems as of recently with the release of Heritage wheels, they’ve become *******s. Also, seems they are selling their imported used JDM wheels way overpriced lately. I’ve found the same wheels they have been importing for way cheaper.

Quick Reply: Auxive's 98 LS400 Build