Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Review my parts list for NA-T

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-17, 02:49 AM
ar3
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Review my parts list for NA-T

This is all just for the engine. I will have a spare 97 engine on a stand to work on since the SC is my daily. The tranny I still have to decide on either FX400 kit for my W58 or if I find a good price on a R154 (found a few soarer R154's for around 1500-2200 ) ~300-450HP goals.

- T70 Turbo, 4" Air Inlet
- Stainless Steel manifold
- 50mm 10 PSI Wastegate, with Dump tube
- Oil Feeding line kit, Sandwich
- 3" Downpipe
- 4" Intake and Air Filter

2) Oil Feed and Drain

-IS300 union bolt w/Gasket
-Is300 union bolt to 4an feed fitting
-Driftmotion AZ Oil drain Pan Flange
-5ft of 4an SS oil line
-3ft of 10an SS oil line
-Black boostec fittings for feed and drain -oil lines
-4an turbo feed flange
-10an turbo draim flange
-OEM 2jzgte oil drain pan studs w/bolts
-Permatex high temp sealant for the is300 union bolt to 4an fitting

tools for oil return

-M8x1.25 tap kit
-7/8 holesaw for drain hole
-Angle chuck for your drill

3) Intercooler & BOV

-Black Cxracing 4" Intercooler 32x12x4
-Xspower Black 50mm BOV
-2.5" pipe with bov flange
-Cxracing 2.5" piping/couplers/clamps
-Black 6 port vaccum manifold for ease of running vaccum to boost gauge, wastegate, bov, etc.
-Cxracing 2.5" intercooler piping kit X2
16 assorted pipes, 16 couplers, 32 clamps

3a) Extra

-Glowshift 7 color Boost gauge w/Rev9 gauge mount
-Titanium Turbo Blanket
-A/F guage

4)Maintenance

-ARP Head Studs
-gates racing timing belt
-gasket set (valve cover, seals)
-oem thermostat
-oem water pump
-oem supra mkiv motor mounts
-GTE or GE oil pump??
-GTE or GE water pump?
-oem idler pulleys/tensioners

TT ECU mod

-JDM 6spd Supra ECU
-TT MAP
-IAT sensor
-MAPECU
-VVTI coils/igniter COP
-440c injectors low imp
-obd1 lower runner conversion

Let me know if I'm missing anything, got a headache from doing research these past nights so I might have missed something. Thanks CL!
Old 01-23-17, 02:58 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Moving this to the Build Thread so anything about your car(s) will be in one thread. If you want the title be changed to a more meaningful description , you can PM any moderator .

Good Luck !
Old 01-23-17, 11:11 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

looks good, you wont need the map ecu if you are running 440cc injectors unless you just want to have it.
if you do run the map ecu you wont need the tt map sensor. if you don't run the map ecu then you will need the tt map sensor.
Old 01-24-17, 05:45 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Your lines are probably too long but i made the same mistake and they are just routed so they fit... eventually i'll get the right sizes since i'm working on getting a fx400 clutch in, its sort of on the to do list.
Old 01-27-17, 02:40 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

On any moving part and parts that play a very important role for a boosted car , I would suggest only use reliable named brand . I would assume that T70 and wastegate are the cheap unnamed parts sold on ebay ?

Trying to cheap out on those parts can be catastrophic and take with it a lot of parts including your engine.
Old 01-27-17, 03:59 AM
ar3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
looks good, you wont need the map ecu if you are running 440cc injectors unless you just want to have it.
if you do run the map ecu you wont need the tt map sensor. if you don't run the map ecu then you will need the tt map sensor.
Ok thanks I forgot that wasn't needed. I read through your whole tt ecu mod and it actually doesnt sound too hard to do. Ill be tackling it soon once I get the spare engine.

Originally Posted by scsexy
Your lines are probably too long but i made the same mistake and they are just routed so they fit... eventually i'll get the right sizes since i'm working on getting a fx400 clutch in, its sort of on the to do list.
I can always cut it at any length right? I'm also thinking about replacing the lines with better known branded one, not sure yet.

Originally Posted by gerrb
On any moving part and parts that play a very important role for a boosted car , I would suggest only use reliable named brand . I would assume that T70 and wastegate are the cheap unnamed parts sold on ebay ?

Trying to cheap out on those parts can be catastrophic and take with it a lot of parts including your engine.
Yes Ive been told to replace those components. I'm keeping intercooler/downpipe/manifold and replacing the turbo/wastegate/bov with reliable known ones. I'm having a hard time choosing the perfect turbo. Should i go for like .61AR for low end torque?
Old 01-27-17, 04:03 AM
ar3
Pit Crew

Parts arrived! Got it from Nova in the FS threads. It's still a pretty good deal even though I'll replace the turbo, wg, and bov with something better. Not everythings pictured, I have the TT ECU and sensors almost ready for wiring. Just waiting for the spare engine I'll be picking up.

Old 01-27-17, 04:13 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ar3
Yes Ive been told to replace those components. I'm keeping intercooler/downpipe/manifold and replacing the turbo/wastegate/bov with reliable known ones. I'm having a hard time choosing the perfect turbo. Should i go for like .61AR for low end torque?
Nice looking car ! Collecting parts for your boosted car build is the fun and exciting part.

Once you know the purpose of your build meaning you know what the car is for then you aim for a power goal . Do you want the power and torque on the left or right of the power band ? Knowing your goals you then collect parts based on that goal .

Always choose the smallest turbo (with the right wheels sizes and housing sizes) that will attain your power goal so lag will be minimal . Saying .61A/AR is very vague without knowing intent of use for car , power goal and size (model) of turbo.
Old 01-27-17, 04:42 AM
ar3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gerrb
Nice looking car ! Collecting parts for your boosted car build is the fun and exciting part.

Once you know the purpose of your build meaning you know what the car is for then you aim for a power goal . Do you want the power and torque on the left or right of the power band ? Knowing your goals you then collect parts based on that goal .

Always choose the smallest turbo (with the right wheels sizes and housing sizes) that will attain your power goal so lag will be minimal . Saying .61A/AR is very vague without knowing intent of use for car , power goal and size (model) of turbo.
Thanks it hasn't even been a year yet (got it in August) but it I'm hyped to get it boosted. I want the power more to the left/middle of the power band. Around ~400hp. Still need to do more reading on BOV and wastegate sizing as well.
Old 06-17-21, 10:10 AM
Turbostar
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ar3
Thanks it hasn't even been a year yet (got it in August) but it I'm hyped to get it boosted. I want the power more to the left/middle of the power band. Around ~400hp. Still need to do more reading on BOV and wastegate sizing as well.

Any updates on this? Its been years!
Old 06-17-21, 12:49 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Turbostar
Any updates on this? Its been years!
Sold the 1/120 car. Bought another 97 SC400 . Manual swapped it with the UZ. Now it’s getting a 1JZ VVTI 6speed T56. Wow time flies lol. I got an email that someone replied to my post and I totally forgot I made this. Might make another build thread because I’m not selling this SC. I regretted that the first time.

Old 06-17-21, 01:17 PM
Turbostar
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks for the update! I'm going to be starting my own build thread soon. I just have a few more parts to assemble.

1993 SBM 5-speed. Pretty clean and bone stock, but I cant resist modding it.