Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's "Double M.P." BUILD THREAD. Molten Pearl & Money Pit

Old 04-24-17, 07:15 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by pheen619
Naw, I am just not as committed as you to install my parts like you. I do it in spurts. I really love the quality of your build.

it's weird because I get excited when I see you update...

Lol, like wise. its funny you say that. i use to follow a guy on a diff forum in my younger days. literally get excited to see his updates. every single thing he did was good. i appreciate that you feel like that. what i love about this car is everything I'm doing, it feels like an improvement in some sort of way. everything just feels like quality and makes the car feel expensive and classy. I'm slowly getting better at pics. I have a new method. take about 200 pictures and ill get at least 2 good ones .
Old 05-07-17, 08:25 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
Orange calipers finally came in. first time was damaged through shipping. they put a clear plastic on the faces of them so i left that on there for now until its installed. you get the idea. these things are massive off the car. light as well. ill have my black oem brembo calipers for sale . Pm if interested.

new oem rotors and pads are going on the front (going back to the stock pads and not the updated low dust pad). i might try to order Figs 2 piece rotors. i haven't received any calls back after leaving them a few messages and calling at least 10 times already. just want to make sure they are in stock.

Added a couple of more pics to show how massive these things are in person.

Probably a little late to the party on this but, love this added touch to the car. There was another thread I had started trying to find a source for the F logo to have calipers done. I couldn't make the commitment to purchase all new calipers. Also, I didn't think Orange would work with Liquid Platinum but, it MORE than works with your car. Interesting note. Did you notice that the prongs of the F are facing in different directions on each side/corner of the car?

Lf Fr - prongs down
Lf Rr - prongs up
Rt Fr - prongs up
Rt Rr - prongs down
​​​​​​​
Old 05-08-17, 01:18 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by weswork
Probably a little late to the party on this but, love this added touch to the car. There was another thread I had started trying to find a source for the F logo to have calipers done. I couldn't make the commitment to purchase all new calipers. Also, I didn't think Orange would work with Liquid Platinum but, it MORE than works with your car. Interesting note. Did you notice that the prongs of the F are facing in different directions on each side/corner of the car?

Lf Fr - prongs down
Lf Rr - prongs up
Rt Fr - prongs up
Rt Rr - prongs down
thanks man! they came out better than i thought. orange would go great with liquid platinum to be honest. i know to some, orange on orange might be a bit too much but i wanted to keep a factory feel to everything.

thanks man.

so as far as prongs. from my previous dealer installed TSB pads, the same directions were used for these new oem pads.

RR - L prongs up, R prong down

LR - R prong up, L prong down
Old 05-08-17, 04:07 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

so those new mats i bought, the shop took awhile to do it. its been done a few weeks ago but haven't posted pics. there is maybe like 1 or 2 spots where stitching wasn't perfect but after installing, its not noticeable at all so I'm actually pretty happy about them. got the front and rear mats done for matched and cleaned look on the F blue stitching to match my door panels, steering wheel, steering wheel hood, etc.

The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (05-14-17)
Old 05-09-17, 10:50 AM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

so those new mats i bought, the shop took awhile to do it. its been done a few weeks ago but haven't posted pics. there is maybe like 1 or 2 spots where stitching wasn't perfect but after installing, its not noticeable at all so I'm actually pretty happy about them. got the front and rear mats done for matched and cleaned look on the F blue stitching to match my door panels, steering wheel, steering wheel hood, etc.

Pure quality!!! Can't wait to see it!
ISFPOWER (05-14-17)
Old 05-14-17, 03:40 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

sorry for the lack of updates lately. been working a lot at work and home on a few projects.

Good news is that i picked up a new daily driver. New to me of course. The car i was driving everyday was hit in a parking lot pretty hard and I've been looking for a diff car since. took me all winter but i came across a GS300 with black interior which is rare. i had a previous 1994 LS400 white with black interior and i bought that because of the color combo. Im fascinated with with older Lexus' with black interior for some reason. its a rare treat. This car came with navi, stock auto leveling HID which is actually brighter than i thought it would be , premium sound ..etc. the sound system sounds better than my IS-F ever was with the mark levinson. there is no rattles or nothing with this car, rides smooth and quiet. I purchased the car without looking at all so it was kind of scary. Overall, besides the interior being dirty when it came and needing a new front bumper because of rock chips, I'm happy with my purchase.

i use to tell myself that i won't modify my daily driver. but i already bought a few things for it, lol. i have a sickness with no cure. I know this has nothing to do with my build but this car will haul every thing i ever need for the RCF if i have to use it. Having two lexus' again is a great feeling. the camry wasn't cutting it, i personally just don't like FWD anymore even as a daily.

Plans are

-woodgrain steering wheel
-lowering springs just to kill the front gap
-back up camera
-buff the paint
-50% ceramic window tint

what I've bought
-complete front suspension overhaul of arms /bushings/etc
-all maintenance stuff to do in the engine bay
-full LED interior lighting swap

-

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 05-14-17 at 03:46 PM.
Z3NK1 (05-15-17)
Old 05-14-17, 06:16 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,511 Likes on 655 Posts

Nice find! Congrats! My dd is a 2005 IS300, love it!

Last edited by JT2MA71; 05-15-17 at 01:42 PM.
ISFPOWER (05-16-17)
Old 05-14-17, 10:05 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Awesome taste! I had the GS400 and still regret selling it, such a great car.
ISFPOWER (05-16-17)
Old 05-15-17, 02:01 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pheen619
Awesome taste! I had the GS400 and still regret selling it, such a great car.
i looked into 4runners. they are expensive. our family has had a lot of them but they are pricey for the mileage i want. there really was no cheap SUV option as a daily and i really tried to not lease a new car. i think i made a good choice.
Old 05-19-17, 10:32 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Big thanks to JT2MA71, always having and sourcing the best and rare JDM parts. Got the Toms carbon lip spoiler. looks great as expected from Toms. did a quick test fit. hopefully ill have some time over this weekend for install. thanks again Ron. i appreciate it.

Also got tons more LEDs. i have a habit of buying a lot of random bulbs. i really like the color and output on these in the RC-F. i will transfer current LED bulbs to the gs300.

Ill pull out the DSLR and take better pics after install.
BossMoss (05-27-17)
Old 05-19-17, 11:10 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,511 Likes on 655 Posts

Big thanks to JT2MA71, always having and sourcing the best and rare JDM parts. Got the Toms carbon lip spoiler. looks great as expected from Toms. did a quick test fit. hopefully ill have some time over this weekend for install. thanks again Ron. i appreciate it.

Awesome! Glad you like it!
ISFPOWER (05-20-17)
Old 05-29-17, 09:04 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

awesome day for the rc-f. Got to meticulously put the toms lip wing on yesterday. i had one shot to make it perfect. did measuring, tape off all other parts to make sure its even. i wanted the wing to come off the edge of the oem wing about 2mm to give it a nice lip look to it. luckily all everything went perfect and I'm pretty happy about it. it looks awesome with the wing down.

wing down:

wing up:

Old 05-29-17, 09:19 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

i got to put 100 miles on the car today which is a lot in one day for me. my personal review of this car after 4k miles . the 100 miles today was very hard driving.

this car is FAST. it shifts fast at redline, its a monster from any type of roll and especially after 100mph. even if you put it in D and just stomp on the gas, this thing moves and breathes easily up top. every car i raced today with friends, have more HP or torque than me at the wheels. (evo 9, evo x, camaro SS, e92 m3, gt500 2008 model, all modded of course) yet i still beat each and every one of them which was surprising to both parties. i believe its due to the fast shifts on the transmission and the my lighter wheel/tire set up. one thing to note, the gears in the rcf are long. almost 70mph at the end of second gear. being in the right rpm is CRUCIAL when racing in this car. it has a huge difference . i raced a friend from 3.5 rpm and was beaten by 4 lengths . raced again at 5.5rpm and i beat him by 2 lengths.

handling wise, i got a great alignment last time. me and the tech spent a lot of time getting it to where i want with me in the car. i have never been so happy with handling and steering feel in a car until now. this car is stiff but is quiet and smooth. i was carving corners today at speeds i shouldn't be posting. it felt so good. in town driving, the steering response and turn it is so good. I'm just so happy my car looks and feels great. something i though try ISF was good at but this car feels so much better . i feel like its working less but performing more than the ISF ever did. i can't wait to put in the headers and exhaust.

of course I'm no where near done modding but i really underestimated this car thinking its just a 2 door ISF. its a lot more than that. I'm just surprised how smooth and quiet this car is on the inside . i guarantee you guys will see how much popular the rc-f will be when pricing gets more affordable. having my RCF perform better than it did stock while looking good, I'm quite happy right now. this car feels and looks expensive, and performs perfectly after everything is dialed in.
Old 06-02-17, 03:17 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

going to incorporate this takata tow strap on my car for a signature jdm look. i got the black one with the green lettering as well, ill see which one looks better. but it will be a custom job regardless what i do so i ordered another tow hook cover to dremel a cut out with.

Old 06-02-17, 03:37 PM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Crazy I thought about ordering a "Black" one...HAHA...

Where did you put up yours?

going to incorporate this takata tow strap on my car for a signature jdm look. i got the black one with the green lettering as well, ill see which one looks better. but it will be a custom job regardless what i do so i ordered another tow hook cover to dremel a cut out with.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's "Double M.P." BUILD THREAD. Molten Pearl & Money Pit