Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's "Double M.P." BUILD THREAD. Molten Pearl & Money Pit

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-17, 10:40 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,513 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
thank you, i sell these if you are interested. i have a few diff colors. i like the attention to details .
OK, I'll hit you up when I decide to install a catch can! One of these days

Originally Posted by DEMIK
Both you boys have killed the game, glad to see some high quality Rcf builds . Love it.
Haha! it's an addiction!
Old 03-12-17, 11:16 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I, too, prefer the polished wheel detail. It reminds me of the Neiman Marcus/non US-spec OE wheel with the polished blade. It certainly won't be easy to clean, but of all the RC F wheel options, I can honestly say I prefer this one.

I'm really enjoying your build process. Each part came together nicely, just as it did with your previous IS F.
Old 03-12-17, 11:37 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
I, too, prefer the polished wheel detail. It reminds me of the Neiman Marcus/non US-spec OE wheel with the polished blade. It certainly won't be easy to clean, but of all the RC F wheel options, I can honestly say I prefer this one.

I'm really enjoying your build process. Each part came together nicely, just as it did with your previous IS F.
Thanks man, means a lot coming from an OG ISF member on here

. What not a lot of people know, i was working A LOT the last couple years owning the ISF. i was putting more into my career rather the car. finally when i was ready to, i was about to drop A LOT of money on it. one the biggest reason for a different car was to fit a wide wheel/tire set up. i was going to get custom widened fenders on the ISF but backed out because its such a waste of nice paint that was already on there and the body shop wanted to repaint most of the car to make everything match.

yes exactly like the NM / non US oem wheels. they stand out more while looking classy and expensive. at least you can still fit your hand in-between the spokes. ill be using the E-Z mini detail brush. lol . we have similar taste. I enjoy your build but you are already aware of that
The following users liked this post:
bnizzle87 (03-13-17)
Old 03-12-17, 08:10 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

looking very good boy all time classic TE37 thataboy
ISFPOWER (03-13-17)
Old 03-13-17, 02:08 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks man, means a lot coming from an OG ISF member on here

. What not a lot of people know, i was working A LOT the last couple years owning the ISF. i was putting more into my career rather the car. finally when i was ready to, i was about to drop A LOT of money on it. one the biggest reason for a different car was to fit a wide wheel/tire set up. i was going to get custom widened fenders on the ISF but backed out because its such a waste of nice paint that was already on there and the body shop wanted to repaint most of the car to make everything match.

yes exactly like the NM / non US oem wheels. they stand out more while looking classy and expensive. at least you can still fit your hand in-between the spokes. ill be using the E-Z mini detail brush. lol . we have similar taste. I enjoy your build but you are already aware of that
Work hard, play hard. But above all else, we all should appreciate what we have. It's way more important to work on the career than the car. But to be able to invest time, energy, and funds into a project car that you so deeply care about- the end results will be completely satisfying.

I've always appreciated your build especially because we all know the aftermarket support for the IS F, even now, is still quite small compared to what is offered for RC F and GS F. And I got a strong sense you are the type that methodically decides on that next mod, which makes it even greater from my perspective because it shows you genuinely care about the car. This isn't just something for social media or for car shows- it's personal and it has a great deal of invaluable investment that simply can't be measured by a dollar figure. Your Molten Pearl stands out in my mind because I've seen what you've done with the IS F, and though it's just the start, your RC F will be even better because of the greater support from vendors and companies out there.

I, too, felt your paint when it came to thinking about widening the rear. My shop was set to go ahead and work on the fenders so that I can accommodate a wider wheel/tire combo, but honestly it would've been a lot harder to work with. RC F's lines are so sleek and directive that going wider makes it looks even more aggressive, and that's a visually stimulating look. Trying it on the IS F, I knew it'd be hard to maximize a wheel/tire combo without doing some sort of custom work. At times when I revisit looking at the rear and going over initial specs the shop has drawn up, I already know it'd be opening a larger can of worms with the flaring and how to design it so that it keeps in line with the body lines; of course, this was before Artisan Spirits created the over fender look.

All in all, I'm glad this build is off to a great start. And Molten Pearl is a very hard color to find, even in California. Enjoy it fully, my friend!
ISFPOWER (03-13-17)
Old 03-13-17, 05:55 AM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Work hard, play hard. But above all else, we all should appreciate what we have. It's way more important to work on the career than the car. But to be able to invest time, energy, and funds into a project car that you so deeply care about- the end results will be completely satisfying.

I've always appreciated your build especially because we all know the aftermarket support for the IS F, even now, is still quite small compared to what is offered for RC F and GS F. And I got a strong sense you are the type that methodically decides on that next mod, which makes it even greater from my perspective because it shows you genuinely care about the car. This isn't just something for social media or for car shows- it's personal and it has a great deal of invaluable investment that simply can't be measured by a dollar figure. Your Molten Pearl stands out in my mind because I've seen what you've done with the IS F, and though it's just the start, your RC F will be even better because of the greater support from vendors and companies out there.

I, too, felt your paint when it came to thinking about widening the rear. My shop was set to go ahead and work on the fenders so that I can accommodate a wider wheel/tire combo, but honestly it would've been a lot harder to work with. RC F's lines are so sleek and directive that going wider makes it looks even more aggressive, and that's a visually stimulating look. Trying it on the IS F, I knew it'd be hard to maximize a wheel/tire combo without doing some sort of custom work. At times when I revisit looking at the rear and going over initial specs the shop has drawn up, I already know it'd be opening a larger can of worms with the flaring and how to design it so that it keeps in line with the body lines; of course, this was before Artisan Spirits created the over fender look.

All in all, I'm glad this build is off to a great start. And Molten Pearl is a very hard color to find, even in California. Enjoy it fully, my friend!
Feeling a lot of love here haha.
Old 03-13-17, 08:11 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

i wanted to get home and situated before replying. i appreciate the kind words and you are right. The IS-F is the sole reason why I'm driving what i do now. With the IS-F, less was more. it was not about how much modifications your put on your car that people can see. it was about changing what is already there to the little details. not fitting dream spec'd wheels was the biggest let down. i don't want wide wheels/tires just to have them, the car actually needed traction, it was a monster around town. And yes, knowing a bit of paint and body shop, flaring out fenders is not easy especially on a double seam welded quarter panel. it also kills the rear body fender line arch. and when you talk about metal work, fender liners and such won't fit and it will look tacky if not done right. i was looking into spending about 8-10k with having metal work and a pretty much full repaint. i didn't need a paint job at all. i traded my IS-Fwith 2-4 rock chips total on the whole front end of my car.

i'm very fortunate to have all of these mods and all getting put on before spring/summer. my body has been paying the consequence during the work week but it's all worth it at the end. stay tuned, i hope to do the little things now and enjoy the car .
Old 03-13-17, 11:06 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISF4life
looking very good boy all time classic TE37 thataboy
lol thanks man, sorry didn't mean to skip your comment. Not all of us can be cool like you though, ISF and GTR.
Old 03-14-17, 02:29 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Ah hahaha none taken sir 😊, u could got the gtr too bit u chosen not too . Long as u got what u want its all cool 😍
Old 03-14-17, 06:34 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Ah hahaha none taken sir 😊, u could got the gtr too bit u chosen not too . Long as u got what u want its all cool 😍
lol, yeah you're right. i wanted to modify right away after getting another car, with the GTR, not possible. because mods are expensive and endless on that car. love what you are doing with it already.
Old 03-14-17, 08:04 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

i pulled the car out to measure something and decided to take some iPhone pics.

the fitment all around...

Old 03-15-17, 01:12 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

For Iphone pics, you car looks great! Awesome job..
Old 03-15-17, 08:25 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
For Iphone pics, you car looks great! Awesome job..
thank you! i appreciate it. I'm glad i worked on this car because it has sparked that fire i needed to keep modding . everything that has been added , has improved the car in some type of way so thats good. this car has so much potential. hoping to see some updates on your RCF soon.
Old 03-15-17, 10:10 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

some Meisterschaft goodies came today. quality is awesome. excuse my grease prints on pipes. the flanges feel and look great.

Old 03-16-17, 12:03 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MisterEun
Feeling a lot of love here haha.
Much better than the negativity a good number of us have been reading regarding these two platforms. I'm glad there's still great respect. In the end, we're all a part of the F heritage.

i wanted to get home and situated before replying. i appreciate the kind words and you are right. The IS-F is the sole reason why I'm driving what i do now. With the IS-F, less was more. it was not about how much modifications your put on your car that people can see. it was about changing what is already there to the little details. not fitting dream spec'd wheels was the biggest let down. i don't want wide wheels/tires just to have them, the car actually needed traction, it was a monster around town. And yes, knowing a bit of paint and body shop, flaring out fenders is not easy especially on a double seam welded quarter panel. it also kills the rear body fender line arch. and when you talk about metal work, fender liners and such won't fit and it will look tacky if not done right. i was looking into spending about 8-10k with having metal work and a pretty much full repaint. i didn't need a paint job at all. i traded my IS-Fwith 2-4 rock chips total on the whole front end of my car.

i'm very fortunate to have all of these mods and all getting put on before spring/summer. my body has been paying the consequence during the work week but it's all worth it at the end. stay tuned, i hope to do the little things now and enjoy the car .
Completely agree. Seeing how flared and aggressive the RC F's rear is makes me want to revisit the additional body work done. Or it could be that I'm running out of things to do on the car aesthetically. Enjoying the car is the key. Mods are fine and dandy, but at the end of the day, it's all about enjoying what we drive.
ISFPOWER (03-16-17)

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's "Double M.P." BUILD THREAD. Molten Pearl & Money Pit