Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1GS owner vehicles

1991 Toyota Aristo in the United States (Legally!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-16, 08:26 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DetAristo
LOTS of the GS300 parts (as far as OEM replacement) do not fit. For example, the windshield. If anything happens to this windshield, I am screwed.
I need the heater selector valve on the firewall with the bracket. I need the rear parcel shelf. I am looking for an OEM shifter. Just random bits and pieces.
Seriously? Why is the windshield different? I get it that there are different standards for the glass but I thought the body itself was the same. The rear parcel shelf too?

Originally Posted by DetAristo
I will absolutely check them out. I am not afraid of a little markup for rarity. I know how rare these first-gen Aristos are becoming and that most manufacturers have stopped making parts. The 98-07 is far, far more popular.

Thanks man. For the info. It is greatly appreciated!
In my experience, I wouldn't be worried about rarity of old Japanese car parts in Japan. If you're trying to find old American car parts in Japan, you might have trouble but they have stockpiles of old parts for Japanese cars.They don't use pick and pull lots. They actually take a car in a the junkyard, strip every part off of it, including the glass and derivetting body panels, then they package and wrap it all up and stick it on a shelf. Even aftermarket parts. For instance I found an ARC International radiator for my FD RX7 and that company had gone out of business in 2008 I believe. It was originally like $700 brand new and I got it for $60.

Other parts like headlights and suspension have normal or slightly cheaper than US prices but its just the shipping that kills you. Wheels and exhaust parts are super cheap for some reason. It seems like Japanese people change wheels and exhaust once per year.

If you had an R32 Skyline, I'd say you have cause for concern but with the number of these Aristo's on auction and still on the road, there are boatloads of parts in Japan.
Old 10-11-16, 08:42 AM
DetAristo
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Aristo uses the RHD windshield. The symmetry on the bottom is vastly different than the LHD version. The rear parcel shelf might be the same. I was considering just having mine leather-wrapped when I have the interior done. Mine's missing a cover, but that's not a big deal to me.
Old 10-11-16, 10:37 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Thanks for the explanation. I guess LHD/RHD isn't the same as manual vs automatic where they use the same chassis. There's a guy on this forum selling a "RHD converted" IS300 and now its got me wondering how he pulled that off if the windshields are different too.https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...-must-see.html
Old 10-11-16, 11:22 AM
DetAristo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mandrake
Thanks for the explanation. I guess LHD/RHD isn't the same as manual vs automatic where they use the same chassis. There's a guy on this forum selling a "RHD converted" IS300 and now its got me wondering how he pulled that off if the windshields are different too.https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...-must-see.html
He didn't do the A-pillars. It looks like it was a firewall swap. In which case, it's the LHD windshield and LHD wipers/wiper motor.

My wipers move from left to right. Where LHD cars move from right to left.
Old 10-11-16, 11:24 AM
DetAristo
Rookie

Actually, now that I look more closely at it. his wipers are correct.

The IS might not have different windshields like the Aristo/GS do. Remember, the Aristo came out two full years before its little retarded LHD brother.
Old 10-11-16, 03:09 PM
boosted6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kamlung
love the plate!!!
Agreed the plate is very smart. ; )

Hey DetAristo, there is a place here in australia called Importnation, they sell many parts for Aristo's, thought if you get stuck you could maybe try them. : )
https://www.facebook.com/importnationaus/
Old 10-11-16, 05:00 PM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Can you post more pictures of those tail lights? Maybe a night shot? I don't understand why the amber LED's are dancing like that. Is that supposed to be your hazard lights or does it just do it all the time?
Old 10-11-16, 06:47 PM
DetAristo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mandrake
Can you post more pictures of those tail lights? Maybe a night shot? I don't understand why the amber LED's are dancing like that. Is that supposed to be your hazard lights or does it just do it all the time?
They are chasing LED tails. Those are when the "demo" mode is set. They flash in the pattern I select from like 11 patterns when I turn my signal on. They are like the Mustang sequential turn signals. Lots of tuner cars in Japan have them.
Old 11-23-16, 04:17 PM
Mandrake
Pole Position

DetAristo, mine is arriving in Seattle on December 8th! I'm pretty stoked. I chose to drive it back though which might not be too smart.
I already picked up a Nissan CD009 6 speed transmission for it
Old 02-19-17, 05:59 PM
DetAristo
Rookie

Should be more updates soonish. Spring is coming here to Detroit and it'll finally be time to take her out of storage.

Until then, Here's my steering wheels with a quick polish:
Old 03-07-17, 06:10 PM
DetAristo
Rookie

Got some things and stuff:
KTS System Beta. 18Kg/mm Front and 14Kg/mm rear

Old 09-04-17, 04:11 PM
DetAristo
Rookie

Been doing work as I can. This **** gets expensive! RHD Tax + Supra Tax are the best things EVAR!

Still need to:
Repair the broken tabs on the front bumper
Install the oil cooler
Install the trans cooler
Install the power steering cooler
Install the water temp sensor
Wire up the electric fans
Install the oil pressure sensor
Install the intercooler (4" core Mishimoto)
Drop the car off to FenFab to have the downpipe, Y-pipe, and intercooler piping welded up
Buy longer shouldered studs for the struts so I can put the factory strut bar back on
Finish the amplifier wiring (Hide it and make the amp tray for under the passenger seat)
Install the Walboro 450 fuel pump
Move the battery to the boot (Trunk)
Source +20mm fenders that won't cost me a billion USD to ship to the states
1991 Toyota Aristo in the United States (Legally!)-ahnrjdm.jpg
1991 Toyota Aristo in the United States (Legally!)-nfmfmse.jpg
1991 Toyota Aristo in the United States (Legally!)-iy3gzvf.jpg
1991 Toyota Aristo in the United States (Legally!)-3bljcgh.jpg
1991 Toyota Aristo in the United States (Legally!)-djlkxv0.jpg
Old 12-30-18, 06:03 PM
AzGsTwan
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good bro, have you had any tuning issues with auto trans and ProEFI?
Old 04-14-20, 07:38 PM
ImDaBomDig
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93' Aristo

Hey man I just recently bought my 93' Aristo and I'm looking for some performance parts for it. Is there a website for JDM performance parts? I'm just nervous ordering parts for a 93' Lexus GS300 because I'm just not sure if they would be right you know? Also, PLEASE tell me where you got those tailights because they're pretty sweet. Also, I know the wing on the back came stock on some of the older Aristos, do you know where I could find one of those as well?

Last edited by ImDaBomDig; 04-14-20 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-15-20, 09:50 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by ImDaBomDig
Hey man I just recently bought my 93' Aristo and I'm looking for some performance parts for it. Is there a website for JDM performance parts? I'm just nervous ordering parts for a 93' Lexus GS300 because I'm just not sure if they would be right you know? Also, PLEASE tell me where you got those tailights because they're pretty sweet. Also, I know the wing on the back came stock on some of the older Aristos, do you know where I could find one of those as well?
Welcome! nice aristo. You can find the stock rear wings all the time on ebay or check out drag international from florida. As far as JDM performance parts the only place i recommend is rhdjapan, but since you have an aristo which shares almost everything with the US twin turbo supra you can use a wide variety of performance parts from places like titan, realstreet, radium and more.

Quick Reply: 1991 Toyota Aristo in the United States (Legally!)