Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

The anti-VIP build

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-17, 05:51 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Finally got the PS line and PS bushings in this weekend. Sheared two of the rack bolts clean off! thankfully they made that hardware easy to replace.

Got my JZA80 Spats strut bar in with a little angle creativity... as much as I like the Spats sticker on there I might remove it to refinish... although the patina on it kind of fits the car

The anti-VIP build-erda6c4.jpg
The anti-VIP build-3cc1ad7.jpg

$12 Russian poly sway bushings for my '98 sway.... shipping takes forever but so cheap they are worth the wait.

The anti-VIP build-t1v4ml5.jpg

size comparo, stock '95 sway is slightly thicker than a Sharpie! Its been wet out and I haven't been brave enough to really suss out the difference

The anti-VIP build-utabgfz.jpg

I'd like to get a heat shield and duct built for the intake and relocate the battery over the winter.

I also want to keep going with the rest of the bushings but also want a new bumper....decisions decisions
Old 12-06-17, 06:05 AM
blumagic
Rookie

3 out of 4 of my fenders were trash so I decided ZG flares were it. I have the drivers side all cut and mocked up. I still need to trim the rear and panel bond the inner to the outer.

The anti-VIP build-4sus3ae.jpg
The anti-VIP build-nzfj1gw.jpg
The anti-VIP build-uk8hwi2.jpg

i need some wider wheels!
Old 12-22-17, 10:01 AM
blumagic
Rookie

flares done, did my very first welds... looked like poo but i cleaned em up..

Last edited by blumagic; 12-22-17 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-29-18, 06:12 AM
blumagic
Rookie

pulled off the old man pleated leather and wrapped my door cards in some 90's print faux suede

The anti-VIP build-wonexas.jpg

SuperPro front endlinks were a nice addition too, the car feels more solid up front
The anti-VIP build-ful4kxp.jpg

also once the weather gets better, I'll have some 10js going on

Last edited by blumagic; 01-29-18 at 06:22 AM.
Old 02-16-18, 07:33 AM
blumagic
Rookie

FYI the 98-00 ebay lip fits 95-97 pretty well

17x10 RPF1s are on, the 235s didn't stretch a lot which I am happy about. I may still get something a little wider when I burn through these.

The anti-VIP build-gqm8h5d.jpg

Old 02-16-18, 05:39 PM
93LS500
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

really like the car, these are my favorite year.

Is your strut tower bar on backwards? I had a supra bar on my car and it was nowhere near the little "L" on the intake manifold??
Old 02-16-18, 07:43 PM
EthanS
Pole Position

Received 77 Likes on 55 Posts

Daaamn this pulls off the 17's better than I have ever seen done. Way to go against the grain this thing is cool.
Old 02-19-18, 07:13 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Originally Posted by 93LS500
really like the car, these are my favorite year.

Is your strut tower bar on backwards? I had a supra bar on my car and it was nowhere near the little "L" on the intake manifold??
Probably, but it is the only way i can get my impulsive buy to fit without having spacers on the strut towers.

Originally Posted by EthanS
Daaamn this pulls off the 17's better than I have ever seen done. Way to go against the grain this thing is cool.
Thanks! Ever since I saw that Supermade s15 in Superstreet years ago I fell in love with running smaller wheels. I'm just not hardcore enough to swap to smaller brakes and 4-lug hubs like Yoshida
Old 03-12-18, 06:14 AM
blumagic
Rookie

So I have some more parts coming in, I decided to go with the godspeed arms since they are so affordable and users seem to have positive reviews. Not to mention my LCAs were corroded to the eccentric bolts and one was bent

The anti-VIP build-hdbn3kb.jpg

I have the other two arms coming this week, i decided to replace them too since they looked pretty gross.

I also started a headlight retrofit, I was an impatient idiot and cracked the glass on my first attempt so I had to order another.
The anti-VIP build-lblaq6u.jpg

painted housing
The anti-VIP build-pd60arq.jpg

I've successfully completed the passenger side, so you should see that soon.

These are going behind the oem fluted lenses. Since they are glass i don't really want to sand them down. There were some guys who did this when I was messing with volvos and the cutoff wasn't too bad. A little more fuzzy but still defined
Old 03-12-18, 11:44 PM
ankurdave
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you consider the DEPO clear headlights? They still seem to be available from a couple places.

I'm kind of tempted to get them and do a projector retrofit myself - wondering if there's a good reason not to. They are a bit expensive for me at $300.

Also, where are those projectors from?
Old 03-13-18, 06:32 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Originally Posted by ankurdave
Did you consider the DEPO clear headlights? They still seem to be available from a couple places.

I'm kind of tempted to get them and do a projector retrofit myself - wondering if there's a good reason not to. They are a bit expensive for me at $300.

Also, where are those projectors from?
Yeah but to be honest, I actually like the fluted look so I'm hoping it works. It has more of that 90's vibe, where the clears look a bit aftermarket.

Not to mention I only have ~$65 into this retrofit. This is a budget retrofit because I've never done one before. I figured something would go wrong and it did. I cracked a lens because I pried a little too hard. You have to heat all of the glue all the way around and scrape the outer layer of glue before doing any prying.

So I'm out a little more having to get a used light but if I had DEPOs and i messed up i'd have to drop another $3-$350.

I'd almost guarantee if you ordered right now you'd get an ETA shipping date sometime in the future. I'm pretty sure US stock is backordered at the moment.

The projectors are THESE

Which I believe are just unbranded Morimoto H1 7.0.... but the nice thing about these cheap ones is that they come with an H4 adapter ring. I did zero cutting, they are plug and play.

I also have done a TB/IM clean as well as a spark plug wire tuck

The anti-VIP build-rkxw75x.jpg
The anti-VIP build-qprmbzz.jpg

Last edited by blumagic; 03-13-18 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-14-18, 05:00 PM
timmy0tool

Received 416 Likes on 371 Posts

love the 98-00 lip on there and flares. awesome build!
The following users liked this post:
blumagic (03-29-18)
Old 03-14-18, 06:58 PM
ankurdave
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blumagic
I'd almost guarantee if you ordered right now you'd get an ETA shipping date sometime in the future. I'm pretty sure US stock is backordered at the moment.
Good call. I placed an order with Andy's Auto Sport and got an expected shipping date of May 1, 2018. Assuming that will actually pan out, I don't mind waiting.

I'd love to see a beam shot once yours are back together!
Old 03-28-18, 01:25 PM
sfearing
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You realize these projectors are for right hand drive cars, right? In the US we are left hand drive.

Originally Posted by blumagic
The projectors are THESE

Which I believe are just unbranded Morimoto H1 7.0.... but the nice thing about these cheap ones is that they come with an H4 adapter ring. I did zero cutting, they are plug and play.
Old 03-29-18, 10:58 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Originally Posted by ankurdave
Good call. I placed an order with Andy's Auto Sport and got an expected shipping date of May 1, 2018. Assuming that will actually pan out, I don't mind waiting.

I'd love to see a beam shot once yours are back together!
Nice, looking forward to seeing yours I might do that too eventually. I need to try to get a beam shot this weekend.

Originally Posted by sfearing
You realize these projectors are for right hand drive cars, right? In the US we are left hand drive.
Brah, you are taking the 10 cent an hour Chinese kid who wrote that ebay ad too serious.

I took a few legit pics yesterday. its got some rake but my dub *** took pics on a hill so it looks super raked.

The following users liked this post:
racer713 (06-14-21)

Quick Reply: The anti-VIP build