Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Otakusan's 2016 IS350 AWD F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-17, 03:14 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by leigton
Very nice bulid! Noticed you had installed the rear SARD sway bars, Difficult to install? You feel the difference?
Hey sorry, I'm actually not getting them installed for another 2 weeks. (I forgot to put *to be installed* beside the listing)
I will update here again once it's on with first impressions. The install requires you to drop the rear sub-frame to access the sway bar bolts, but I'll see if I can just lower it enough to reach the bolts so I don't have to remove the whole thing. (an alignment will be required again after)
Old 05-13-17, 05:32 PM
leigton
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by otakusan
Hey sorry, I'm actually not getting them installed for another 2 weeks. (I forgot to put *to be installed* beside the listing)
I will update here again once it's on with first impressions. The install requires you to drop the rear sub-frame to access the sway bar bolts, but I'll see if I can just lower it enough to reach the bolts so I don't have to remove the whole thing. (an alignment will be required again after)
Cool....look forward to hearing your impression. Keep it up. I have been following your build. thanks!
The following users liked this post:
otakusan (05-13-17)
Old 05-28-17, 06:03 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

So I got a few updates this weekend. I finally got my SARD rear sway bar installed.

Installation required the rear sub-frame to be lowered to access the bolts holding the sway bar down. It wasn't too bad of a job since I was able to get a hold of some hoist time. Like any other car I've own, the most bang for your money is the sway bars.. body roll was greatly reduced making corning much more stable. Now I have to hunt down a front one available for AWD that doesn't cost a fortune.

And since lowering the rear sub-frame requires the mufflers to come off, I saved this for the moment as well:

Last picture was taken by my friend @devstur (on instagram)

And finally, the 2nd JDM premium keyfob holder arrived...

The following users liked this post:
IreneIS350 (06-18-17)
Old 06-18-17, 06:14 PM
IreneIS350
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So I got a few updates this weekend. I finally got my SARD rear sway bar installed.

Installation required the rear sub-frame to be lowered to access the bolts holding the sway bar down. It wasn't too bad of a job since I was able to get a hold of some hoist time. Like any other car I've own, the most bang for your money is the sway bars.. body roll was greatly reduced making corning much more stable. Now I have to hunt down a front one available for AWD that doesn't cost a fortune.

And since lowering the rear sub-frame requires the mufflers to come off, I saved this for the moment as well:

OMG....I love these!
Old 06-19-17, 06:21 AM
evchao
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How low are you riding on the RSR Coils? How's the ride as well? Do you raise for winter or just leave it 1 height year round?
Old 06-19-17, 09:25 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by IreneIS350
OMG....I love these!
Ya I love those key holders, they're expensive as hell, but such a great piece.

Originally Posted by evchao
How low are you riding on the RSR Coils? How's the ride as well? Do you raise for winter or just leave it 1 height year round?
I had them installed in Oct and had used them since. Ride quality is very near stock for normal driving but you can really feel that it's more stable at higher speed turns and highway driving. I had them set at 1.5cm drop on front and 1cm drop at rear than I leave them like that year round.
Old 06-20-17, 08:59 AM
UTtrooper
Driver School Candidate

Looking great. How is the sound with that exhaust?
Old 06-21-17, 08:50 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UTtrooper
Looking great. How is the sound with that exhaust?
I'm the type that prefers exhausts that are on the quiet side... and even I think this could use a bit more loud haha... on the outside it sounds like a very nice stock exhaust, but inside the car, I really can't tell I had an aftermarket exhaust. I may need to look into a getting a mid pipe and see.
Old 06-25-17, 05:30 PM
friday9x
Driver School Candidate

Keep us updated if you get a midpipe. I want to do mine, but im not sure if its worth it!
Old 07-20-17, 11:09 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

10 months.. they finally arrived...

now i have to find tires and some programmable TPMS
Old 07-20-17, 01:38 PM
ToDesi
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Very Nice, what specs did you end up getting?
Old 07-20-17, 03:39 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ToDesi
Very Nice, what specs did you end up getting?
Thank you
19 x 8.5 +45 in Prism Light Silver.. very conservative specs
Old 07-20-17, 08:37 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Lookin' good!
Maybe a 235/35/19 to give you a nice ride and some EZ Sensors cloned to the OEM ones. Just throwing it out there.
Old 07-29-17, 05:37 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Finally got the wheels on, went out for a late night car wash and a few quick pictures

And I placed an order for the final 2 pieces for the car, APEXi AWD Mid-Pipe and TRD Side skirts...
Old 07-30-17, 11:07 PM
airjordan1
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

how difficult was the install of the sway bar? was considering getting it and installing it myself but seems difficult for a novice like me :O

Quick Reply: Otakusan's 2016 IS350 AWD F-Sport