Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

CJITTY Mods and Pics Thread III

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-17, 07:34 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
Looking great, CJITTY!! Can you turn on the LED and HID fog lights at the same time?

BTW, it's great to see you (and your car) came thru OK from Hurricane Harvey's damage in Houston
thanks..yes I can turn on same time. And I live in Atlanta so thankfully no hurricane issues

Last edited by CJITTY; 10-15-17 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-15-17, 11:48 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Thanks! Now, why did I think you lived in Houston...? Sorry for the mixup!
Old 10-16-17, 09:27 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

Nice look !
Old 10-17-17, 10:14 AM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Love the new kit and jdm fogs!
Old 12-27-17, 07:00 PM
daniel1235
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Finally after a long 7 months wait, I got my body lip kit and JDM LS460 HID/LED DRL fog lamps. VERY HAPPY now

LED DRL
HID Projector FogProjector Fog Cutoff
Hi CJITTY,
Thank you for replying to my other thread and directing me toward your build as i am interested in the same lip kit. Would you be kind enough to answer some questions for me.
1. May i ask who you sourced out the kit from and the pricing, ive reached out to 2 companies and trying to compare before purchasing. Just the lip, skirt, and rear lip. Shipping alone is about $500 for me to Hawaii.
2. Did you fit the kit on yourself? If so, how was the fitment? This isn't the first aero kit I am buying and generally regardless of top names they all need some sanding and work to fit perfect (assuming the individual is a perfectionist) so i am just wondering.
3. On the Artisan Spirit Site, they mention the side skirts "fitting over" or something. Does this skirt literally go over the existing OEM skirt or replace? Seems unlikely but since you own it i wanted to ask.
4. Last question, im being told a lead time of 60-90 days to reach my destination (Honolulu, HI) and i noticed you said 7 months..... was it this long because you had to wait for the LED fogs?

Hope you can find the time to let me know, it would be greatly appreciate. Not too many owners on here with JDM kits it seems. Many thanks.
Old 12-29-17, 06:58 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by daniel1235
Hi CJITTY,
Thank you for replying to my other thread and directing me toward your build as i am interested in the same lip kit. Would you be kind enough to answer some questions for me.
1. May i ask who you sourced out the kit from and the pricing, ive reached out to 2 companies and trying to compare before purchasing. Just the lip, skirt, and rear lip. Shipping alone is about $500 for me to Hawaii.

I ordered mine through Sam at Central Pine in SoCal.
I'd prefer not share pricing as I ordered multiple items from Central Pine and I live in lower 48 so my shipping was less. If I had to guess, your kit and HI shipping should be less than 3k..but I'm guessing and not sure what current pricing is.

2. Did you fit the kit on yourself? If so, how was the fitment? This isn't the first aero kit I am buying and generally regardless of top names they all need some sanding and work to fit perfect (assuming the individual is a perfectionist) so i am just wondering.

My installer was impressed with the exact fitment and had no issues with it going right on.

3. On the Artisan Spirit Site, they mention the side skirts "fitting over" or something. Does this skirt literally go over the existing OEM skirt or replace? Seems unlikely but since you own it i wanted to ask.

Yes, installer needs to remove oem skirts and then bond the kit skirt pieces to it as It's an overlay and does not replace the oem skirt.

4. Last question, im being told a lead time of 60-90 days to reach my destination (Honolulu, HI) and i noticed you said 7 months..... was it this long because you had to wait for the LED fogs?

I was told my kit was on backorder with ARTISAN. So once they made the kit for my LWB, it was sent to Central Pine store in Japan. I missed the USA container cycle so had to wait another 3 months or so before it was sent to the USA Central Pine store. The JDM fogs didn't hold up anything. Just bad timing and it was backordered

Hope you can find the time to let me know, it would be greatly appreciate. Not too many owners on here with JDM kits it seems. Many thanks.
see responses above
The following users liked this post:
daniel1235 (12-30-17)
Old 09-22-18, 11:00 AM
DriverSS
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nat
Used white LS460 is hard to come by alone but white with black interior is even more rare.
I lucked out finding my '10 LS 460 L in White after my '08 460 in Dark Amethyst went away. No more Black cars. White also my preferred color of choice... especially here in Texas.
Old 09-22-18, 11:04 AM
DriverSS
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

CJITTY,

Couple questions,

• With your JDM Fog/DRL's was their any extra wiring required to get the DRL function down to the lower bumper?
• Does it remove that function from the headlight or does it stay there as well, with all 4 running simultaneously?
• Any issues with warning lights or such with changing this factory away from OEM setup.
• URL link for the JDM fog/DRLs?
Old 10-01-18, 03:01 PM
CJITTY

See responses below

Originally Posted by DriverSS
CJITTY,

Couple questions,

• With your JDM Fog/DRL's was their any extra wiring required to get the DRL function down to the lower bumper?
Yes, just a simple pos/neg connection to 12v source. Easily connects to a DRL controller available for under $25. The fogs have an oem ballast which uses factory fog plug for power and the DRLs have their own harness.

• Does it remove that function from the headlight or does it stay there as well, with all 4 running simultaneously?
No changes. I have my fog lights specially wired to allow me to run them with headlights on or off.

• Any issues with warning lights or such with changing this factory away from OEM setup.
No warnings at all with anything

• URL link for the JDM fog/DRLs?
No unfortunately, bought them out of Japan. There is a one website out there that charges $3K for them though..sheesh

Last edited by CJITTY; 10-01-18 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-01-18, 03:15 PM
CJITTY

Update. My Artisan lip got busted from road debris. So I updated my front end to an oem LS600 bumper cover along with 600 grille and 600 fogs and added the Wald LS600 Front Apron (Lip). Sold my JDM 460 fogs already in case anyone is wondering. Didn't want to sell them but 2010-12 600 bumper and fogs are completely different than 460 same yesrs. They are going to a good new home though

Last edited by CJITTY; 10-01-18 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-17-18, 01:14 PM
London460
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cjitty

Hi CJITTY did u have your fenders rolled or shaved. The reason i ask is because i got my 21 inch wheels same as yours with continental 6 tyres and mine does not tuck the tyre at all gets half way down and is then on the unrolled arch which is really annoying. U Sir have 22 inch which i just dont understand .please help?
Old 10-26-18, 10:48 PM
CJITTY

It's all about wheel offset and width. My fenders are bone stock. No mods to fenders. Sounds like your wheel offset is lower than mine.

[​​​QUOTE=London460;10335473]Hi CJITTY did u have your fenders rolled or shaved. The reason i ask is because i got my 21 inch wheels same as yours with continental 6 tyres and mine does not tuck the tyre at all gets half way down and is then on the unrolled arch which is really annoying. U Sir have 22 inch which i just dont understand .please help?[/QUOTE]
Old 10-30-18, 07:50 AM
Gjohnson
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Car looks clean as always. Did you wrap the roof recently?
Old 11-06-18, 04:58 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry to hear about the front lip and road debris but hey the new revised frontend looks just as good looking good!
Old 11-17-18, 12:17 PM
CJITTY

Thanks. Yes had it wrapped with 3M Gloss Black. Very happy with the way it looks

Originally Posted by Gjohnson
Car looks clean as always. Did you wrap the roof recently?

Quick Reply: CJITTY Mods and Pics Thread III