Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My indecisive 98 SC300 build

Old 05-31-17, 07:39 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

After doing more measurements and looking over the mount design. It looks like the PHR mount is the most thought out mount design, but I can't confirm that without buying a set and measuring them for myself.

The titan mounts are pretty off though. I traced both the mounts and did an overlay.

Originally Posted by t2d2
You didn't get the back-in parking memo.
To be fair, I was there first. hahaha

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
HAHA I noticed that after you mentioned it!

Car is looking great man. Any reason you decided to get solid rear subframe mounts? Not sure if I missed the reasoning.
I got the battle version mounts in a package deal with the titan sway bars. I bought the titan mounts because I didn't want to run the drilled out BV mounts.

I was under the impression that the OEM supra tt mount was discontinued, so I ordered the titan mounts. I recently found out only the 93-96 OEM supra Passenger mount has been discontinued, and it would be possible for me to order the mounts from a 97-98 supra. I'm still trying to figure out what the difference is before I throw another couple hundred at mounts.

Last edited by Blkexcoupe; 11-07-20 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-03-17, 01:11 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I spoke to titan about my installation issues. They told me the mounts are a supra specific part, and they don't advertise it to fit the SC. If other companies mounts were designed to fit both cars, then they must have made the necessary provisions. I sent them all the pictures and diagrams showing the issues I was having, so hopefully they'll correct it and produce a part that fits the SC in the future.

I drove down to Vista, CA this morning to attend HRE open house. I found 2 other SC's when I got there, but I have no idea who they are.

Michelin had a koenigsegg on display

Mclaren brought out a P1 GTR

This purple gt3 RS was on display too

This nice gentleman brought out a mono bac

This is the cleanest S14 I've ever seen

Last edited by Blkexcoupe; 11-07-20 at 07:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
myLEXsc400 (06-27-17)
Old 06-03-17, 01:25 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Wow that white 240sx...... so clean and perfect. Was it built or just or just for show?
Old 06-03-17, 01:35 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Wow that white 240sx...... so clean and perfect. Was it built or just or just for show?
I have no idea since I didn't meet the owner. My friend asked me the same question when I sent him a photo this morning.

*edit* After asking around about the car, I found out it used to belong to Courtney Day. I don't know if she is still the current owner. Supposedly the car was painted by Makito (a well known show car painter in the area), so that explains why the paint is so nice.

Last edited by Blkexcoupe; 06-03-17 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-10-17, 10:38 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I swapped back to the HKS coils and gave up on going air cup in the SC. I went back to the same height I was before the tein coils, got the car aligned, and washed it. Applied a fresh layer of Carpro Hydro2.

Photo was taken by Blisiono. I know the black supra belongs to a former SC owner, but its possibly that they were all former SC owners.

Last edited by Blkexcoupe; 11-07-20 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-27-17, 10:34 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I've been playing with the idea of painting my old set of tail lights for a while now. After looking through the modified taillight thread for inspiration, it made me wonder if anyone has tried switchback LED strips inside of the tail lights. I was thinking of installing the switchback strips in the running lights (upper portion of the tail light), but I wasn't sure if their output would be enough to go through the red lens and be safe for me to drive with.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/le...reselect=52158

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/le...o-xsb-3-0.html

I guess I'll have to wait until I can open the tail lights to take measurements, then decide if its worth spending the money to experiment.
Old 06-30-17, 06:31 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow - Look at all those fine JZZ31's and JZA80's!!!
Old 06-30-17, 12:39 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Photobucket took away my 3rd party hosting privileges, so I have to change the host of the photos. I fixed the first post and added a few more higher resolution photos. I'll slowly do the rest of them as time permits.
Old 06-30-17, 02:34 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

which photo hosting site are you using now ?

Am just afraid we will be on the same scenario eventually with another outside photo hosting site so I am just slowly attaching the images so they reside the server where the forum site resides . I have 273 pages and Thousands of pictures to go through ...
Old 06-30-17, 02:52 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gerrb
which photo hosting site are you using now ?

Am just afraid we will be on the same scenario eventually with another outside photo hosting site so I am just slowly attaching the images so they reside the server where the forum site resides . I have 273 pages and Thousands of pictures to go through ...
I'm using google photos. I already use google photos for most of my projects. It's easier to organize the photos, and I can sort them in any order I'd like. Plus I can add my friends to the albums, so they get notified when I upload more photos. The only down side to using google photos in this case, is that I have to manually copy the url, and add in the IMG tags.

Google photos works great for sharing family or vacation photos. It'll sort the photos with facial recognition and allows contributors. They offer 14 gigs at full resolution or unlimited high definition (but lower than full resolution) for free. The cap per album is 2,000 pictures.

I have a flickr account too, but I reserve that for edited photos taken with my DSLR.Flickr Pro + is $50 annually, and has 1tb of storage

Last edited by Blkexcoupe; 06-30-17 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-12-17, 10:05 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

While sorting through all my photos (34k pics), I came across something I wanted to share. Back in 2009 or 2010, I came across the cleanest SC I've ever seen being stored in a warehouse. This warehouse was being rented by multiple car shops, and there usually wasn't anyone else there while I was there. I never met the owner and I didn't have the chance to ask the guys at the shop about this car.

Please excuse my ****ty pictures this was before I had a smart phone. lol

Old 07-13-17, 10:06 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

That IS a very clean SC! My SC is the only Lexus I have with Tan interior and I have always wanted those seats too...one day.
Old 07-13-17, 11:58 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aswang
That IS a very clean SC! My SC is the only Lexus I have with Tan interior and I have always wanted those seats too...one day.
Same for me, I would love to have those seats. One of my friends used to have Recaro seats in his SC, and they sit super low. I'm right around 6 ft tall, and I couldn't see past the end of the hood.

A bunch of my friends do endurance racing and they always stress its all or nothing for safety equipment. If I go aftermarket seats, then I should have a cage, harness, and remove the oem air bags. Safety equipment is supposed to work as a complete package, so mixing and matching oem with aftermarket isn't safe.
Old 07-14-17, 08:32 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

^Same here on my height. Would you happen to know a good source where we can get them?

Thanks for sharing your friends insight on safety equipment, it certainly has merit. I would definitely get harnesses, although if I caged mine it would be a must to mirror that fine example you provided.
Old 07-14-17, 08:52 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Why would you remove the OEM airbags if you go aftermarket seats?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My indecisive 98 SC300 build