Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jJecht's Daily '93 SC300

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-16, 02:39 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, that fab work turned out nice!!!! Thank you for giving her the care she needed. It's going to be clean!
Old 08-17-16, 12:13 PM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Catmand3w, and LilScsteve. She is getting proper attention! Just picked up a Soarer 1jz-gte non vvti full swap (r154 with marlin crawler bushings, etc) that's been went through, and is ready to rock. Only 38,000 miles. Will run the stock twins for a while. Will be running the stock motor and trans mounts in good condition. Will have the shifter extension done in house along with any wire extension needed for starter, etc. Picked up the following for the swap and auto to manual conversion. Im sure i'll run into some little things, but I have everything else I need.

- ACT 6 puck sprung disc
- Xcessive Manufacturing 5 speed pedal set + master
- Xcessive Transmission trans mounting plate
- Xcessive clutch line
- Marlin Crawler VSS
- Driftmotion V2 Pulley set
- Driftmotion shifter base/trim
- Used 1jz MAP Sensor
- Front Mount Intercooler from a buddy (JB SHOUTOUT)
- CX Racing stainless steel down pipe flange for the stock twins
- Have a boost gauge to use
- Wideband

Another buddy of mine also might have an aluminum driveshaft for me, so I am holding out purchasing one for the time being to see how this one measures up. Will be doing my own ICP, 3" SS downpipe (using the cxr flange), and utilizing the exhaust system I already created, with the exception of a new down pipe + wideband bung. Should be able to route the existing throttle cable, or I have a toyota camry one I will use (heard they work) I will be pulling the 2jz starting this next Sunday, and going from there.

Last edited by 2jJecht; 08-25-16 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-31-16, 01:04 PM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

Last night I took out the ol 2jz-ge and auto setup. Tonight will be engine bay cleaning, getting the clutch pedal setup done, and then the wiring task: putting the two motor sets side by side and extending the 1jz harness ~2 feet, wiring up the alt, pps relocation, starter, and knock sensor (if need be).

Tomorrow will be cleaning the 1j, plugs, final inspection, bolt up the fly, clutch kit, and trans, and sliding it in for drive shaft measurement. Bolting everything else up that I can. That leaves me with Friday and the weekend to getting the last steps together. Drop the rear diff, and weld her up. All before next weekend 9-11th is the goal. But I won't cut corners to make date happen (Proving Grounds Part 2 - 2016 at BIR).

Old 09-01-16, 12:31 PM
mmac0405
Driver School Candidate

The carpet looks great is that a black carpet or did you spray or dye it?
Old 09-01-16, 12:47 PM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mmac0405
The carpet looks great is that a black carpet or did you spray or dye it?
Thanks! It is a duplicolor vinyl & fabric black paint. Deep cleaned the old nasty tan carpet with some dish soap, pressure washed, & sun dried. Applied the paint in heavy coats, using an old fine hair brush to comb the paint in while is was wet. It definitely came out ok, not perfect but looks way better than before. I couldn't justify spending hundreds of dollars on a USED black carpet mold and I couldn't find a dye to try locally. A older gentleman I trust recommended the method above. This was 25 bucks and a few hours of my time.
Old 09-01-16, 12:52 PM
mmac0405
Driver School Candidate

I just picked up my first sc300 today for 700 bucks always wanted to build one, I also have that gross tan interior its not bad but the black looks so much cleaner. I painted my e36 gray carpet with that paint it came out great when I sold the car guy was like this dove gray looks sick with the black carpet. Great job so far I will be following your thread.

Originally Posted by 2jJecht
Thanks! It is a duplicolor vinyl & fabric black paint. Deep cleaned the old nasty tan carpet with some dish soap, pressure washed, & sun dried. Applied the paint in heavy coats, using an old fine hair brush to comb the paint in while is was wet. It definitely came out ok, not perfect but looks way better than before. I couldn't justify spending hundreds of dollars on a USED black carpet mold and I couldn't find a dye to try locally. A older gentleman I trust recommended the method above. This was 25 bucks and a few hours of my time.
Old 09-05-16, 10:36 AM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

5 speed conversion, ICP, intercooler fab is done. Still need to finish wiring, downpipe, drop the drive shaft off for re-flange+extension (Aluminum from a buddies s14 1jz), route heating lines, vacuum, new ps lines, etc. Few obstacles but it's coming along. Few pictures from the weekend.

Old 09-08-16, 11:35 AM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

Wrapped up the downpipe fabrication, and the intake pipe while I am in limbo for the harness. Probably the last update until It's all running.

Old 09-10-16, 08:03 AM
mmac0405
Driver School Candidate

coming along very well love the thread!
Old 09-22-16, 08:03 AM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

SInce the last post I have finished polishing some ICP, made the upper radiator hose, and remade my intake with a 90* 2.75-3" coupler. First startup was last night, sounds healthy, and no leaks..yet Now I'm just waiting for the driveshaft to get here. Seat the two Spal 12’’ Medium Profile Pull fans (They each flor 1227 cfm part# 30101504) to a self made aluminum shroud, & Fill her up with MT-90, and hit the road.
Old 10-01-16, 11:14 PM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

Driveshaft from shaftmasters came in Friday: 3" Steel one piece with a 1350 U-joint to 4 bolt flange. Collins Billet Adapter plate for the rear diff. Shaftmasters.com David and his team did an amazing job sourcing me this driveshaft, and getting it out to me so quick, big ups to them. Used MT-90 Redline. Filled in from the shifter housing, ~3.5 quarts. It was bogging a little bit, and it was because of a few vac mix ups, and lack of a pcv valve. I was reading up on the pcv valves that came in the 1j's. Read somewhere that the earlier 1j's had a manufacture recall, due to a faulty design in the pcv valve, leading to premature turbo failure. Someone mentioned that the 1992-93' Toyota Camry pcv valve works in its place (or obviously a 2jzgte). Bought one of the camry ones cheap locally, and it works great. Battery has been relocated to the trunk, and in a box w/top. In short she idles very smooth, doesn't over heat or leak anything. Short video of a second drive.

^ just prior to vac line completion.

Time to enjoy a little bit. 3.5" shifter extension, Interior reassembly, weld the diff, Boost Gauge, and wideband install are on the agenda in the next few weeks.

Last edited by 2jJecht; 10-02-16 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-26-16, 02:29 PM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

I would like to get more active on here over this winter with more down time. A buddy of mine took a few shots of the sc crew before a local MNCEC show/track meet over at DCTC. Only 4 Sc's showed up, as everyone else's was either down for work, or had plans. Few shots... Really can't wait to get some aero going on, and some height adjustment/stiffening. Alas, this will come after I have my setup running prime on the twin turbos, safc, and a boost controller. As I am running pretty rich under boost.

Digi edit!

Old 10-26-16, 07:14 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking good man. Must feel nice to finally have it running. btw i still have that brand new boost controller for sale for cheap
Old 10-27-16, 01:41 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Good work that intercooler look silly.....its makes SC look like it has buck teeth
Old 10-27-16, 02:11 PM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
Looking good man. Must feel nice to finally have it running. btw i still have that brand new boost controller for sale for cheap
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Good work that intercooler look silly.....its makes SC look like it has buck teeth
Thanks! LOL True. Yeah, looks are not my concern during this phase & yes it does look buck toothed. In time I'll swap it out for a more gap filling core.

Quick Reply: 2jJecht's Daily '93 SC300