Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

SlowLife's LS400 Drift Yacht Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-17, 05:36 PM
SlowLife
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright, so it's kind of cram time as the first event this year is in 12 days. Got the subframe back in the car, ordered Godspeed arms because all mine are shot, got a real Sparco Sprint Jr. for $5 and threw it on the Corbeau rail. Making dual caliper brackets at some point this week so I can run my hydro setup. Should put an exhaust on the car.... Need to check over all the fluids, and get some test runs in before I load it on the trailer.

Old 03-29-17, 06:10 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

subframe work looks great. How do you like those arms? The price is hard to turn down but the bushings look a little tighter in the megans from just looking at pics
Old 03-29-17, 09:11 AM
sndlight
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blumagic
subframe work looks great. How do you like those arms? The price is hard to turn down but the bushings look a little tighter in the megans from just looking at pics
i have Megan arms, they have spherical bearings in the toe and camber arms. They are as tight as can be.
Old 04-03-17, 04:36 PM
SlowLife
Driver School Candidate

So I got the car all back together and did a few test runs with it (just an eyeball alignment). The car kicks out well and is very manageable so far, but I had limited space so highest speed initiation was about 50km/h. I decided to remove the rear sway for now as the rear was a little too stiff for my liking. I ran a turndown dump from the mid pipe and pitched the 4 mufflers, also built a bash bar for the front of the car as the aluminum isn't going to save anything if I hit the wall. I'll post pictures when I get a chance from home. I currently have the car loaded up on my trailer ready to go for an alignment tomorrow afternoon, first event is this weekend (4 days away).

So far the arms are great, bushings look solid and didn't tear out after an hour or so of abuse. only downside is they are a tiny bit longer than the oem arms which is causing some unwanted negative camber. I wanted to go for the Serial Nine arms but I figured I could put the extra $500 towards track fees or tuition.
Old 04-03-17, 07:26 PM
CaliLS
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

I like the way you do things! Keep keeping us updated!
Old 04-10-17, 06:43 PM
SlowLife
Driver School Candidate

So first event was good! No serious problems other than going off track relatively hard and bending a wheel but it's all part of the game! Car handled well, I drove it hard (really hard), and it didn't have a single hiccup. For the next event I need to throw the rear sway bar back on, pull some more weight out of the car, and sort the exhaust as it's pretty beat up from this event. I thought the auto transmission would be a disadvantage but it was quite easy to drive and I was keeping up with my friends in well sorted cars. I kept it mainly in 2nd with the "Power" mode selected on the transmission.

Old 04-11-17, 04:40 PM
driftsucky
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

OMFG I love this. I'm surprised you're able to get that thing sideways so efficiently with the stock motor/tranny setup. This gives hope to everyone who may want to en devour in such hooniganery in the future.
Old 04-12-17, 12:28 PM
SlowLife
Driver School Candidate

Thanks dude! There was a couple other LS400's out this weekend as well, but all of us have came from a driving background. These take a lot of aggression to slide though, pictures make it look easy! Here's some more photos of the car and a in-car from my youtube channel:

The following users liked this post:
CaliLS (04-16-17)
Old 04-16-17, 09:15 AM
CaliLS
Driver School Candidate

Looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing, and best of luck for your next event
Old 06-04-17, 08:21 PM
SlowLife
Driver School Candidate

I haven't really been putting attention towards the car as of late but I took it to another event today, performed great! Only update I really have it that I removed the sound deadening and carpet, and cut the bracing out of the hood as I have no struts and hate lifting that heavy thing by myself!

Old 06-05-17, 09:03 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

oh nice, is the hood bracing very heavy? my struts were blown so i removed them and damn is the hood heavy!
Old 06-06-17, 05:15 PM
SlowLife
Driver School Candidate

oh nice, is the hood bracing very heavy? my struts were blown so i removed them and damn is the hood heavy!
I'm guessing I took out 20lbs~ worth of stuff from the hood!

First round of pictures from Sunday are out!

Old 06-07-17, 07:27 AM
driftsucky
Pit Crew

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh snap. YOu got the full dorifto look going on. Do you still drive that thing on the roads or is it strictly a tack ****.
Old 06-12-17, 07:18 AM
SlowLife
Driver School Candidate

I have never driven it on the roads but that is coming once school is done! The look is because I'm doing the lower two tone in Midnight Purple and haven't quite finished it but I couldn't miss this event! I plan on throwing the bumpers on and putting the passenger and rear seat back in and street driving it to some events and meets in the fall!
Old 06-19-17, 10:27 AM
driftsucky
Pit Crew

ok. I can dig it. I tried throwing my pig sidways this weekend. I accomplished it, but WHEW was it hard. She's bone stock right now and on snow tires. Had some lube (rain) applied to the roads, but I may have to rethink that whole thing. I REALLY like this car and I know what happens when I drift cars lol.

Quick Reply: SlowLife's LS400 Drift Yacht Build